Relation Arianne and Aeron

Shazare Flowers

What will the westerosi think of Arianne and Aegon marrying?

I just noticed this, but I bet a lot of people have realized this already.

If Arianne where to marry Aegon wouldn't she be marrying her first cousin?

Elia is her aunt, which would make Aegon her cousin. I know the Targaryens are fine with incest, but I don't know how the rest of the realm is on this sort of thing. Or wouldn't they consider it incest anymore because it is one generation further removed?

(edited name after remark of Rolex ... )

What will the westerosi think of Arianne and Aegon marrying?

I just noticed this, but I bet a lot of people have realized this already.

If Arianne where to marry Aegon wouldn't she be marrying her first cousin?

Elia is her aunt, which would make Aegon her cousin. I know the Targaryens are fine with incest, but I don't know how the rest of the realm is on this sort of thing. Or wouldn't they consider it incest anymore because it is one generation further removed?

(edited name after remark of Rolex ... )

Cousins marrying is not viewed as bad... Tywin and Joanna were cousins. And in the real world the ruling families of places like Spain, France, England, and Austria intermarried all the time to the point that they were always marrying a close relative

Marriage between cousins is something you could find up to the early 30s and 40s. FDR was married to his cousin, the idea only became unpopular once people had a better understanding of genetics and the possible dangers of marriage between blood relatives.

Wait so what is the relation (if any) between Arianne and Aegon?

IDK why so many people assuming that she, or Sansa will marry Aegon. If Jon Con has anything to do with it (and Aegon continues to heed his advice) Aegon will not be marrying anyone until Dany arrives (Jon Con Chapter ADwD).

Hell, in 1958 Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old cousin once removed. Slightly different and he was ostracized for it...but apparently HIS family didn't think it was a big deal!

Wasn't most of the outrage related to her age rather than their relationship though?

As many have pointed out, they're first cousins. Aegon's mother Elia ifs the younger sister of Arianne's father Doran.

Wasn't most of the outrage related to her age rather than their relationship though?

Ok I thought he was trying to draw a parallel between Arianne and Aegon the Conqueror. Btw, please try not to double post, there's an edit button if you have to add something, and a multiquote button. :cheers:

Archived