Worst character in the books

First of My Name

And by worst I don't mean someone you hate, but the character with the least personality, who is just plain and realistic and has no traits or themed opinions or something like that.

For example, you can argue that the coughing guy Cersei puts on the council in AFFC does little more than cough (though I enjoyed him). ASOIAF's characters all stand out, but who is kind of a Mary Sue or one-dimensional and depthless.

Thoughts?

There ain't no Mary Sue's here in ASOIAF. Not even Arya Stark or Jon Snow. If you dare to name a Mary Sue here, be prepared to have released the Krakens, Dragons, Direwolves and Lions all at the same time.

But, there are so many one dimensional characters, mostly because they're very minor. Darkstar, for example. He's nothing more than a douchebag. ;) Or the coughing guy, or Qyburn, or Gregor Clegane or Ramsay Snow or... There are many of them.

Hmm... Catelyn reminds me immensely of Ginny Weasley and sometimes she just acts like your all time Mary Sue...

I would say Brienne, but that's pretty much influenced by my Brienne hate...

So I think I have to go with Loras Tyrell

Wait, Catelyn a Mary Sue? Do you even know what a Mary Sue means? Catelyn would've been the last one here I'd call a Mary Sue in ASOIAF. :P

Of the PoVs, I'm inclined to say post-AFfC Cersei.

Of the non-PoV's, Meera Reed-she's just..there.

Hmm... Catelyn reminds me immensely of Ginny Weasley and sometimes she just acts like your all time Mary Sue...

Yeah..no.

sansa. apparently she was made to be the stark that isnt like the other starks and now hes making her like the other starks. kind of pointless.

See above.

I am of the opinion that all of GRRM's characters, from Danaerys to Shitmout, are well written. All of them. The ones I do not like, I do not like because of their established personality which is a plus for the author because he's created 3d people.

Some of the characters have flaws in writing, small flaws. Like Cersei's acceleration to Mrs Stupid was a bit too fast.

Archived