Tyrion in the next books?

Xperte

What do you think is happening with Tyrion Lannister in the next book? can he convince the Second Sons to fight for Daenerys and return with her to Westeros? Or does he have to flee from them again? Can he take Penny with him?

I dont have any idea how Tyrion could play a big role in the next book? Is he the one who can convince Daenerys to start moving to Westeros?

And what about Mormont? Is he going to stay with Tyrion?

At this point Daenerys is in the Dothraki Sea with Khal Jhaqo, a man she has promised to murder horribly as he declared himself Khal after Drogo's death (mostly hates him for raping and killing one of the captive girls). Mormont seems like he will stay with Tyrion for a while and we don't even know if Tyrion or Mormont will ever see Daenerys again. Tyrion is good at influencing people and he will be a man worth watching in Essos but it is hard to predict what will happen in Essos during TWoW.

I think he will sway the Second sons, help turn the tide of the battle in Dany's favour and start to interact with Dany's advisors, such as Barristan (and Jorah as well). He may well be important in rooting out "the Harpy". When Dany returns, he may already be in relatively high standing at her "court" (such as it will be, post-battle).

I think he will sway the Second sons, help turn the tide of the battle in Dany's favour and start to interact with Dany's advisors, such as Barristan (and Jorah as well). He may well be important in rooting out "the Harpy". When Dany returns, he may already be in relatively high standing at her "court" (such as it will be, post-battle).

Forgot about Barristan, it will be very interesting seeing Tyrion meet up with him.

I always thought Tyrion would play a pivotal role in helping Dany "train" and understand the dragons. There is a lot of foreshadowing concerning Tyrion and his knowledge and intellectual interest in dragons, but the further the plot progresses the less likely this idea seems.

It pains me to say this, but I agree.

I always thought Tyrion would play a pivotal role in helping Dany "train" and understand the dragons. There is a lot of foreshadowing concerning Tyrion and his knowledge and intellectual interest in dragons, but the further the plot progresses the less likely this idea seems.

No, I think this will happen too. He's got more dragon knowledge than any character in the series, it's going somewhere. Now, whether he is an actual dragon rider or not, I don't know.

No, I think this will happen too. He's got more dragon knowledge than any character in the series, it's going somewhere. Now, whether he is an actual dragon rider or not, I don't know.

I'll cry if Tyrion ends up being a dragon rider. And they won't be tears of joy.

Picturing Tyrion riding a dragon is ten times worse than hearing about him cutting down people in battle.

I like Tyrion when he's the mind behind an operation, as in he will finally be the person to outwit Dany and finally convince her to finally go to Westeros and help her succeed. I don't like Tyrion as the warrior type.

I think he'll definitely sway the Second Sons back to Daenerys. Whatever else he may be, Tyrion has shown for the most part to be a pretty good judge of character, and he knows how to persuade men like Brown Ben Plumm (see Bronn).

The Greyjoys are of course an unexpected guest in Slaver's Bay; but something tells me Tyrion will outsmart Victarion just by saying "hello."

The interesting thing to me will be how Dany reacts to Tyrion if and when she meets, given that he's the son of one of the "Usurper's Dogs," and we know how Dany feels about all Baratheons, Starks, and Lannisters. Barristan might prove critical here; he's already vouched for Ned in front of Dany, but I don't think it's ever been said what he thought of Tyrion (Barristan's dislike for Tywin and Jaime are well known). If Tyrion does make his way into Dany's good graces, he just might be the one to nudge her to Westeros, just as he did with (F)Aegon. And I agree with Kittykatknits that Tyrion's knowledge of dragon lore will be very important moving forward.

I also hope he stops with the whole "oh, woe is me, nobody likes me because I'm an ugly dwarf!" inner monologue.

I also hope he stops with the whole "oh, woe is me, nobody likes me because I'm an ugly dwarf!" inner monologue.

This is actually possible. He will have a purpose and will be valued. Assuming Dany takes him on. It's not real hard to understand why he dwells on that after the way Tywin treated him. On my reread it struck me how Sansa cut him down also. He really tried to be good to her, but she wouldn't return any kindness to him at all.

I'll cry if Tyrion ends up being a dragon rider. And they won't be tears of joy.

Yeah. I might laugh, though ... in a "oh god this is actually happening" kind of way.

I will probably be laughing hysterically; the mental image of Tyrion of all people riding Rhaegal or Viserion is very amusing.

I take comfort in in knowing there are others who would have the same reaction as me. Personally, the mental image of anyone riding around on a giant dragon has always struck me as odd and silly looking.

This is actually possible. He will have a purpose and will be valued. Assuming Dany takes him on. It's not real hard to understand why he dwells on that after the way Tywin treated him. On my reread it struck me how Sansa cut him down also. He really tried to be good to her, but she wouldn't return any kindness to him at all.

I know!! The nerve of her for not wanting to be nice and full of gratitude for being forcibly married off to a Lannister.

What do you think is happening with Tyrion Lannister in the next book? can he convince the Second Sons to fight for Daenerys and return with her to Westeros? Or does he have to flee from them again?

For all intents and purposes, I think Tyrion has already turned them. After all, there is no way for Tyrion to make good on his exorbitant promises of wealth to the company unless he somehow comes into possession of Casterly Rock. Is there realistically any way for that to happen that doesn't involve conquest? And it's hard to imagine the Sons doing it by themselves, without a larger invasion of Westeros by Daenerys.

I know!! The nerve of her for not wanting to be nice and full of gratitude for being forcibly married off to a Lannister.

There is certainly that fact, but they were both forced into it and Tyrion went out of his way to try to help Sansa deal with it. I fully understand her bitterness toward the Lannisters, but I felt she could have extended some kind of kindness toward Tyrion. That part of the story was actually quite important in that it showed Tyrion does have some genuine kindness inside of him. I can't really hold Sansas behavior toward him against her, but she could have tried.

It seems foreordained that Tyrion will somehow work with/for Dany, but I can't imagine how GRRM is going to make that partnership believable. Tyrion is everything Dany hates, and if she returns to Meereen the way I think she will -- mounted on Drogon and leading a super-Khal that will sweep away the Yunkish and their allies -- what the hell will she need him for?

And yeah, Tyrion as a dragon rider. No. Just No. Especially not if he's supposed to ride on my pet Viserion.

There is certainly that fact, but they were both forced into it and Tyrion went out of his way to try to help Sansa deal with it. I fully understand her bitterness toward the Lannisters, but I felt she could have extended some kind of kindness toward Tyrion. That part of the story was actually quite important in that it showed Tyrion does have some genuine kindness inside of him. I can't really hold Sansas behavior toward him against her, but she could have tried.

Offer "aid and comfort" to the enemy? That's another no.

Archived