Sansa will be too good to pass up for Aegon

Lord Damian

Lets say that ravens from Connington reach the Vale and by this time Storms End falls. Aegon will sweep up momentum among the common folk along the way (Varys and his birds are all across Westeros) Dorne will get caught up as well, they have to, it is time. Littlefinger will have a decision to make, take Sansa's you know what and or marry her to Harry the heir, or marry her to the new King of Westeros, Aegon Targaryen VI and secure his own place in power. Afterall, he did save Sansa's life.

If you are Aegon, Sansa's defacto guardian is the lord protector of the Vale, supreme lord paramount of the Riverlands and this Sansa Stark is the true heir to the entire North (we know Bran and Rickon are alive but no one outside of Manderly, Glover's inner cirlcle does), so she is exactly what Aegon will require. the Sooner her can get the throne, a queen and heir on the way, the better for establishing his dynasty. It may not matter but the riverlands are really Tulley bannermen and Sansa is Edmure's heir (the Frey bitch and that baby do not stand a chance) so that only adds to her "dowery" potential. Sansa, when looking at it like this reminds me of Eleanor of Aquitaine or Elizabeth York. This girl is perfect for Aegon (or whateaver his "REAL" name is)

LOL, that would be awkward if Arya goes and kills him (it's likely) but I don't care much.

Arianne is going to be his wife imo. I've thought since she said that children with Darkstar would be as beautiful as the dragonlords.

I just don't think it makes sense for Aegon to marry Arianne since he already has Dorne's loyalty since he's half Dornish.

I mean, if he is accepted as legitimate than Doran pretty much has to support him. Why waste a marriage on Arianne when there are so many other people he could marry to shore up his alliance, including his Aunt Dany -- who actually has something he needs

SPOILER: The Dornish aren't automatically believing it. Why would they? It's very suspicious to only hear about it now.

The app thread said that Doran's endgame is for a Martell to rule beside a Targaryen. You conquer Dorne by marrying it.

I just don't think it makes sense for Aegon to marry Arianne since he already has Dorne's loyalty since he's half Dornish.

I mean, if he is accepted as legitimate than Doran pretty much has to support him. Why waste a marriage on Arianne when there are so many other people he could marry to shore up his alliance, including his Aunt Dany -- who actually has something he needs

Dany was too busy fucking her sellsword and marrying a douchebag to meet him. He will not need her anymore.

I honestly don't think Aegon will marry Arienne. I do however believe that Dorne will support him.

As for Sansa, I'm not sure if she's the best marriage candidate for him. Sure, she is the only known heir to The North, but she is still married to Tyrion and is suppose to marry Harry. Besides, The North has their own conflicts going on right now and the Riverlands is still recovering from their wounds. Also, I doubt the Vale would follow her into war if she married Aegon "Targaryen".

I honestly don't think Aegon will marry Arienne. I do however believe that Dorne will support him.

As for Sansa, I'm not sure if she's the best marriage candidate for him. Sure, she is the only known heir to The North, but she is still married to Tyrion and is suppose to marry Harry. Besides, The North has their own conflicts going on right now and the Riverlands is still recovering from their wounds. Also, I doubt the Vale would follow her into war if she married Aegon "Targaryen".

The Vale must do what Littlefinger tells them, in the name of Lord Robert Arryn, Lord of the Vale.

I don't think Aegon will marry her purely for political reasons....I think Arianne might play the seductress once again. Jon Connington will probably be against the marriage, but Aegon has shown himself to be quite willful. It will probably be another one of those tragic decisions made for love this series has seen a lot of.

foreshadowing in The Hedge Knight make it seem more likely that Arienne will marry Aegon.

What foreshadowing is that? I haven't read the Dunk & Egg series in a long time.

Sansa is still a virgin, an inspection by the Septas will confirm that the marriage was consumated, therefore, it never happened. Sansa is a more suitable bride for a King. Arianne is, well not as prestine.

I agree with OP, it's something I've been saying for a while. The match is too beneficial for both parties.

The Dornish puppeteer who is doing a puppet show with a "fake" dragon and then she is beaten by a real Dragon.

I very much doubt that this is foreshadowing, but who knows?

It isn't a smart move for Arrianne to marry Aegon.

If Aegon is real then he does not need to marry Arrianne for Dorne's loyalty. If Aegon is false then Dorne is tied to his cause if he is married to Arrianne.

If Arrianne does marry Aegon it will be for her own selfish reasons. Now I am not saying that won't happen, but would probably be quite dull, and reflect a lack of character development.

The Dornish puppeteer who is doing a puppet show with a "fake" dragon and then she is beaten by a real Dragon.

Yeah - We saw just how much of a real Dragon the brightflame was when he drank wildfire right?

there's a few things I'm not sold on.

First, Edmure's baby is his heir. Period. Sansa is not Edmure's heir, and even if she was it wouldn't matter. Edmure doesn't have the title to Riverrun anymore, Emmon Frey does. Plus, Winterfell isn't hers either. Even assuming everything else works out as you suggest--the Bolton's have Winterfell. Granted, I expect the Manderlys to kick ass and depose them in favor of a Stark (likely, Rickon), but presently, Sansa is heir to absolutely nothing.

Moreover, until and unless Littlefinger marries her off, he's not going to divulge her identity. In other words, without a guarantee, he's not going to risk exposing her. Sure, he could go to KL and try to go for an Aegon-Sansa marriage, but it's not clear that this would help him. Plus, it hurts Littlefinger's chance to claim the Vale through Sansa. Not to mention the fact that Aegon will wait for Dany. Otherwise maybe he will consider Arianne. But a deposed Stark with scattered armies in the frozen ass north? Doubt Aegon would want to bother with that.

Also, why would JonCon convince him to marry a Stark?? Ned ruined him at the battle of the bells--the loss of which is still bitter to him, so I doubt anyone will council him to marry Sansa. And, JonCon doesn't know Littlefinger. He does know Varys though, who has been planning to seat Aegon for awhile. And we know that Varys and Littlefinger aren't exactly pals, so it doesn't make sense that Varys would consider getting into bed with LF a good idea either. He might see the value in it if the north deposes Roose, but even then, it'd unlikely that Varys will push for marriage. Not when the idea of teaming up with Dany still exists.

Archived