The role of Victarion...

hollowcrown

Vic is almost surely the dumbest character we have for POV, no I don't see bright or long future for him. He's Qentyn 2.0.

"I blew the horn and told the woman she belongs to me! Why is the dragon looking at me like that? Why red Priest WHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? <smell of bacon wrapped squid>

I love Victarion. Yes, he's a big dumb brute but he's damn good at it. I love the way he just jumped on the Shield Islands ship in full plate and yelled at them to come and try to kill him. I love his disgust at Euron's treatment of the captive lord and his daughters. I even love his treatment of the captured ships (minus the women he burned to death, who burns beautiful women?).

Ah, Vic's a riot... And definitely a goner. The Red Priest is playing him...

Hah, Euron is playing him also.

Looking at Vic's chapters, we really get knowledge of The Ironborn life and the brutish aspect of it.

Vic is a pure warrior and we can see that from is POV's, none of the POV's we have are from pure brute warriors like Vic.

Might stem from the fact he killed his own wife for being raped by this brother. He's boring, stupid and a complete brute. :dunno: But that's just what I personally think of him, I couldn't stand his POVs

I can understand why disliking him as a PERSON, but I think his chapters are quite interesting and also have a lot of humor in them as well. (which is much needed in a series like this)

I'm talking purely from a POV perspective, I don't understand the hate. I GET the hate for his character, I don't get the hate for his CHAPTERS. If that makes sense.

Also, his most cringeworthy moment for me was the seven virgins chained up on a burning boat. But that's just me.

Hah, Euron is playing him also.

Looking at Vic's chapters, we really get knowledge of The Ironborn life and the brutish aspect of it.

Vic is a pure warrior and we can see that from is POV's, none of the POV's we have are from pure brute warriors like Vic.

Hah, yep, Euron too.

As I said, Vic's a riot - and so are his chapters. I don't mind them, and don't take personally what a fictional character does, so I don't hate him. I just enjoy the ride that is Victarion :laugh:

I can understand why disliking him as a PERSON, but I think his chapters are quite interesting and also have a lot of humor in them as well. (which is much needed in a series like this)

I'm talking purely from a POV perspective, I don't understand the hate. I GET the hate for his character, I don't get the hate for his CHAPTERS. If that makes sense.

Also, his most cringeworthy moment for me was the seven virgins chained up on a burning boat. But that's just me.

I dunno, that's fair to say :) I just find him ridiculously boring, but I will admit I have had some good laughs at his expense.

Might stem from the fact he killed his own wife for being raped by this brother. He's boring, stupid and a complete brute. :dunno: But that's just what I personally think of him, I couldn't stand his POVs

Euron didn't rape her she came to him wet and willing. She was impregnated and made a fool of Victarion which left him with few options for punishment.

She didn't deserve to be murdered but it's what they do.

Victarion is stupid and a complete brute but in no way is he boring. He's so funny. He's like a non educated Stannis who is always in the thick of battle with a kraken helm and battle axe. A KRAKEN HELM!

Euron didn't rape her she came to him wet and willing. She was impregnated and made a fool of Victarion which left him with few options for punishment.

Victarion is stupid and a complete brute but in no way is he boring. He's so funny. He's like a non educated Stannis who is always in the thick of battle with a kraken helm and battle axe. A KRAKEN HELM!

You think Euron was telling the truth there? I doubt it.

I strongly dislike him for many reasons; he's brutish, not too intelligent but it does seem GRRM is setting him up for something. I just hope I don't have to read too many more POV's from the bastard.

I'm with you. I would really like him to pull a Quentyn and be around only to die when he gets to Meereen, but I agree there has been too much built up outside of Dany for him to die there. That said I find him repellant and want him dead as soon as possible. What rankles me the most however is the assumption of both Victarion and Euron that Dany will happily be this willing bed-slave and let them rule Westeros. I get that they can't really think of women any other way but it still grinds my gears so I'm anxiously waiting for him to discover Dany has no intention of really sharing power.

I loved Vic's chapters in ADWD. This a guy who understands nothing but battle and piracy. He even dislikes laughter because he thinks its aimed at him no matter what.

I really like how he thinks he is acting alone and against Euron's orders but really he is doing exactly what he planned. I don't think he will last song since he is basically sailing into a suicide mission.

Um.

Do you *seriously* believe this?

He could have lied but I don't think so. He's known for his cunning and confidence. And he's a good looking guy.

Actually he would be quite the catch if he wasn't you know... Crazy.

This is beyond insulting to those of the female persuasion.

This is from a man that cuts off the tongues of all the members of his crew. There ain't no way I'm bedding cray-cray no matter how hot he is.

For all the people who think Victarion will die soon. Don't you think he will get atleast one more chance to see Euron? I'm more interested in those two meeting up again than Victarion seeing Dany.

What rankles me the most however is the assumption of both Victarion and Euron that Dany will happily be this willing bed-slave and let them rule Westeros.

Victarion thinks that but I doubt that's what Euron assumes. He's far too smart and he has some basic knowledge of Dany.

And I think Euron would be able to control Dany for a period of time because unlike her he knows how to play the game of thrones.

I think that his role is to connect Moqorro with Dany.

Yep. That's Moqorro's angle. Using Vic to get to Dany, but they're both in for some surprises, I guess. But what a team they make!

Haha, agreed. I wouldn't like meeting him in battle (or anywhere else for that matter) with that helm... A kraken helm is both cool and scary in equal measure...

firstly, the question is about victarions fate not how good a pov character he is.

and generally if you don't like the ironborn pov(asha's not included as most ironborn haters see her as the antidote to them personally i hate her) you're not really gonna like vic

personally i love vic

Archived