In Defence Of Daario

DraculaAD1972

Ok so many seem to dislike this dude. I can't understand why. Perhaps it stems from disapproval of Dany?

To my mind he seems like a younger version of a cross between Khal Drogo and the Red Viper. He has a great line about reaching down some dude's throat and ripping out his heart-- very Khal Drogo -- and an arrogant flamboyance that reminds me of Oberyn.

He is daring and loyal and seems to have a sense of humour. His suggestion to Dany to have a Mereen version of the Red Wedding -- it would have been a lot more fun than Dany marrying the boring and probably treacherous guy that she did marry. But I can appreciate Dany's and the readers caution regarding Daario's bloodthirsty nature. Is this why he is disliked, or is it because of some other reason?

For me it stems from two things.

1. I think it's telegraphed that he's going around and bragging about nailing the queen. Kissing and telling is such a turn-off.

2. I think he's mostly just show. He killed his fellow commanders, but how? He brings Dany their heads, but did he actually engage them or ambush them as they slept, or drugged them, or what? He's one of the few warrior-type men in the story for whom we have a lot of bravado but nothing to back it up. He just comes across as a bag of hot air.

Ok so many seem to dislike this dude. I can't understand why. Perhaps it stems from disapproval of Dany?

To my mind he seems like a younger version of a cross between Khal Drogo and the Red Viper. He has a great line about reaching down some dude's throat and ripping out his heart-- very Khal Drogo -- and an arrogant flamboyance that reminds me of Oberyn.

Yeah, I think the distinction here is that we see Drogo and Oberyn do awesome stuff, whereas Daario tells us about all the awesome stuff he did offscreen. That ripping some guys heart out line isn't something that actually happened.

He has BLUE hair. Need I say more?

...and blue beard...and a golden tooth. Dany likes them all. Her thoughts about Hizdahr was different though; she thought he could be handsome except his silly hair.

hes completely arrogant which is what makes the men hate him / women get wet for him

im a guy but i think hes ok id be his wingman anytime (in a straight way)

I agree -and I think jealousy of Daario plays a part. Male readers resent his place between Dany's thighs. We should be glad she's found someone she can connect with.

I don't fault him for banging Dany, plenty of the male posters on this forum would have done the same thing if they were Daario. I dislike his gold tooth and blue hair. But then again, I don't know his background. He could have had a rough childhood like Bronn.

In my head I see Victarion standing over him while Daario fumbles at his lady hilts and he begins to cry and beg for mercy. Victarion brings his eyebrows down and says, "I heard you are a ladies man, but it seems you are more lady than man."

Then Victarion has an upper cutting blow with his axe cutting through groin to navel. With his fire hand Victarion brushes off the blue pubic hair from his bloody axe.

Archived