Who will be the final POV character?

It's impossible to know where Winds of Winter or Dream of Spring will go, but the story will eventually come to an end, and I'd like to hear bets on who will have the last perspective.

Will it be one the mainstays of the series (Arya, Bran, Tyrion, Sansa, Jon, or Dany)? Will it be a random epilogue character who dies at the end? Or will GRRM break form and give the final chapter a neutral third-person look at the world?

someone on the board suggested that bran in tree form watching the future or something might be the last pov which i thought was awesome. cant remember who it was tho it was a month or two ago.

I like the idea of Bran being the final POV.

A neutral third-person look at the world interests me also.

My bet is on Bran.

Bran. He's the first POV (other than Will), I can see him being the last.

Or Sansa. Or Sam. Those would be my next two options, but most likely Bran.

If I had to rank the most likely, I'd say

1. Bran

2. Sansa

3. Sam

4. Rickon (reflecting as an old man. Also finally gives him a PoV)

someone on the board suggested that bran in tree form watching the future or something might be the last pov which i thought was awesome. cant remember who it was tho it was a month or two ago.

Bran. He's the first POV (other than Will), I can see him being the last.

A really cool idea mixed with effective symbolism? I can get behind that.

Hm, this is an interesting thought.

What if it was Varys? My head would explode.

Yes, i also think it will be a prologue with Varys as a POV. I bet he will reveal something HUGE in the plot and then the book will end, just like that. Can't say if he will die or not, but if GRRM follows the tendency of the other prologues, he will.

I'm also on the Bran boat. The last epilogue is a good point to break the cycle the prologue/epilogue currently follows. It does not matter if Bran would not die within the chapter since he'll be kind of a tree and good as dead to other characters who didn't know what exactly happened to him. Now that is bittersweet.

My second choice is Jon, his death scene after saving the realm. :leaving:

Going against the received wisdom, I suspect that the epilogue might be our first Rickon POV, reflecting on the fallout of whatever happens in the last book. Many of the prologues and epilogues seem to be written from the POV of characters we have never seen before, so this seems distinctly possible to me.

Oh my god, all these Bran posts are making me want to puke. I sure fucking hope not. And the fact it's actually LIKELY isn't helping my stomach. :(

I feel like, quite possibly, the last POV will either be Jon Snow(assuming he isn't like UnCat and/or a monster) or, hopefully, it'll be Sansa.

A cool theory I haven't seen proposed in ANY of these last line/last chapter threads is, what if, the last book has an epilogue and it's Doran Martell? I'd be okay with that, if the plot lends itself to that.

Bran had the first POV, he will also have the last.

Exactly. He might give us a "fast forward" glimpse of Westeros several years down the road, what with (presumably) being in a tree with his life artificially prolonged and whatnot.

Archived