Who will be the final POV character?

someone on the board suggested that bran in tree form watching the future or something might be the last pov which i thought was awesome. cant remember who it was tho it was a month or two ago.

That would be cool. He could answer all the questions we have been asking.

I wouldn't mind if there was an epilogue at the end of book 7 from the perspective of a character who could carry on the story in a spinoff like the Dunk and Egg series. Who could that be? Maybe one of Roberts bastards, preferably Edric.

Bran. He's the first POV (other than Will), I can see him being the last.

Or Sansa. Or Sam. Those would be my next two options, but most likely Bran.

If I had to rank the most likely, I'd say

1. Bran

2. Sansa

3. Sam

4. Rickon (reflecting as an old man. Also finally gives him a PoV)

There we go!

Bran seeing into the future or

Sam 20 years after series end reflecting on those 20 years or

Rickon at 70 reflecting on the last 60+ years

Any of the 3 would be epicly epic with its epicness.

I'm on the Bran bandwagon.

Other than Bran, I like Benjen, finally making his much anticipated return appearance.

I want Benjen as our first Land of Always Winter POV. But and epilogue of him reflecting on his trip beyond the Wall would be awesome too.

Hmmmm *crackpot ridiculous*:

Ned wakes up as King Robert and Co. arrive at Winterfell. Everything was just his dream.

Only GRRM would troll on that level :P

I want to see a LF and Varys POV near the end.

Varys is more likely, since thanks to Sansa we've already got a pretty good feeling for LF's thoughts and motivations. Even with everything Tyrion learns about him, though, Varys is still almost a complete mystery to the readers. It may be he's one of the few characters to make it out of the series alive, and so he could be the final epilogue (though I still think it will be Bran in tree form).

Archived