Who will be the final POV character?

Bran firstly, because of its nice ending. He starts the series, fitting for him to finish it.

Maybe Rickon, his much anticipated pov.

Maybe even a character not much focused on the story but knew all along the plot. Say Patchface or Varys.

Bran he had the first chapter so it would be some beautiful symmetry

this is supposing it isn't some epilogue character ...

in which case I think it'd be cool if it was someone who's never had a pov in the series but has always been there to wrap everything up.

I like the idea of it being varys or ser jorah

I think it will be Theon. That guy is going to be very important to the story. Martin will use him in a weird, crazy way. He's the only character that has been through hell his entire life. In fact, he's the only character who has had a life similar to the modern human in our society. You try to impress your father, fail, and you feel the repercussions. He'll make it out as a lord I expect and be the one person to explain how things are in Westeros. Bran being the first pov does not matter. Major character, but not enveloped by ending. Jon, well we just don't know. I'm a huge fan. He's an epic character, but I think he'll be with Dany, yet he may be dead. Any Lannister character, well, none will really matter. Cersie killed the family name. The only other character would be Sansa or arya. Sansa because she will find her true love, or learn about the politics of marriage. Arya because she has been in every book thus far and I think that she will rule Westeros

I think it will be Theon. That guy is going to be very important to the story. Martin will use him in a weird, crazy way. He's the only character that has been through hell his entire life. In fact, he's the only character who has had a life similar to the modern human in our society. You try to impress your father, fail, and you feel the repercussions. He'll make it out as a lord I expect and be the one person to explain how things are in Westeros. Bran being the first pov does not matter. Major character, but not enveloped by ending. Jon, well we just don't know. I'm a huge fan. He's an epic character, but I think he'll be with Dany, yet he may be dead. Any Lannister character, well, none will really matter. Cersie killed the family name. The only other character would be Sansa or arya. Sansa because she will find her true love, or learn about the politics of marriage. Arya because she has been in every book thus far and I think that she will rule Westeros

I think it's either Bran or Sam. I tend to go with Bran because he was the first POV (symmetry) and also the one, if he becomes a tree, who'd have the easiest time looking back from the future. It wouldn't surprise me if the entire thing is just one long epic that Bran himself is telling.

I read recently that Ros the Whore is going to be replacing Jeyne Poole's role in the fifth/sixth books. *shudder*

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU HBO?

Say whaaaaaat? No way could she pass for a girl in her early teens. What is the real Arya at this point...10-11?

It's impossible to know where Winds of Winter or Dream of Spring will go, but the story will eventually come to an end, and I'd like to hear bets on who will have the last perspective.

Will it be one the mainstays of the series (Arya, Bran, Tyrion, Sansa, Jon, or Dany)? Will it be a random epilogue character who dies at the end? Or will GRRM break form and give the final chapter a neutral third-person look at the world?

Either Jon or Dany. This is really their story. It will probably go something like this: Dany tries talking Jon to leave the North and go back with her to Essos. This is after the Others have been repelled. Jon says his job is to stay and lead the Wildlings, they need him to build good relations with the rest of the North. He's the only one that understands them, after all. Dany hops back on Drogon, and leaves for Essos to finish the job of creating a new slavery-free society. Dany doesn't tell him that she's pregnant with their child.

I miss the like button.

Two last chapters, in that order: Sam, and then Bran.

I was thinking just Sam, but then again, Sam was introduced in Storms as a PoV, so it would be nice if Bran was the ultimate last one. But I only see Bran having the last chapter if, he stays with the Children, watching over Westeros. And that would be very sad for Bran. I want him to shine as much as he wants to, and I couldn't care less if he doesn't get the last chapter. Or may be even die. I'd rather Bran died a heroic death than Jon.

In order of how likely:

1. Bran. Not as a tree. He started the series, so it would be apt if he finishes it.

2. Sansa. In Winterfell, holding her newborn child, son of Aegon Targaryen. Thinking about how when he's of age, he will ride south to take the throne from his father's aunt. She falls asleep clutching her baby one in arm, and in the other, a dragon egg.

3. Dany. I have a feeling she will survive the series and take the Iron Throne but with great loss. All of her dragons are gone, and her dothraki, and Drogo and Daario and Jon. The people of Westeros fear her as a conqueror, and no matter how hard she tries, she cannot think of them as her people. Was it worth it?

4. Tyrion, in Casterly Rock, lording it up.

5. Theon. Being visited by Stannis who is in some new position of power, but not king (Queen's Hand? Lord of the Dreadfort? Warden of the North?). He has with him a gift that he thinks Theon may enjoy, as a token of peace between the Iron Islands and the North. It's name is Reek. Reek the Bastard.

6. Arya. The little girl wasn't ugly any more, but very pretty with hair of gold. She was even beginning to enjoy it. But not as much as she enjoyed being Queen. They called her a lioness, but she knew that really she was a wolf, no matter whose face she wore or what name they gave her.

As for a non-POV character, Varys and Rickon seem the obvious choices. I'll also throw Bloodraven out there.

Bran seems likely. If it isn't him, then the last surviving Stark. It might be cool if the name of the last chapter was "The King". And you finally discover who sits the Iron Throne, if there is one in the end.

If the Others win, it could be a random person discovering their legions of wights. The epilogue could also be in the form of: Whatever became of...?

Archived