"Wow I never noticed that" v.2

Lady Green

Until a few days ago, I had never noticed the connection/foreshadowing between Doreah's dragon story and the names Khal Drogo and Dany called one another: Drogo was sun and stars, Dany was moon of my life. I was skimming around for something and my eyes fell on this, "One day the other moon will kiss the sun too, and then it will crack and the dragons will return." Felt sorta stupid afterwards.

I did not notice that part of Cersei's "tears-and-sex-are-a-woman's-weapon" philosophy comes from her mother.

“Tears,” she said scornfully to Sansa as the woman was led from the hall. “The woman’s weapon, my lady mother used to call them. The man’s weapon is a sword. And that tells us all you need to know, doesn’t it?”

Also noticed on a reread: Cersei can't have disliked Tyrin that much pre-Feast-she certainly made no effort to keep her children away from him.

Yet Tommen put his spurs into his pony and galloped headlong across the yard, shouting with glee. One of the savages, a huge shambling man so hairy that his face was all but lost beneath his whiskers, scooped the boy out of his saddle, armor and all, and deposited him on the ground beside his uncle. Tommen’s breathless laughter echoed off the walls as Tyrion clapped him on the backplate, and Sansa was startled to see that the two were of a height. Myrcella came running after her brother, and the dwarf picked her up by the waist and spun her in a circle, squealing.

“They said you were dead,” the Hound said.

The little man gave the big one a look. One of his eyes was green, one was black, and both were cool. “I was speaking to the king, not to his cur.”

“I’m glad you’re not dead,” said Princess Myrcella.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like all the... no offense, important, things people didn't discover initially were within the first ten-twelve pages of the original thread. I felt like the second half of that thread kind of meandered on and ended up being more about crackpot theories.

But I recently noticed just how fucking MUCH Renly comes up in AGoT. Not even him appearing in scenes, just him being mentioned in general.

OH THE POTGIRL MARRIED ONE OF RENLY'S GROOMS, NOT RENLY THE OTHER BROTHER STANNIS, NEW KING IN THE SOUTH, etc.

Like, obviously he'd come up a lot, he's important. But on my third read of AGoT it almost felt it jarring how much we hear about Renly despite how little we truly know about him. (AKA NEEDS A LORAS POV IN THOSE FIRST TWO BOOKS ARRRRRR)

I never noticed Eddard Stark died, I mean I know there were some very vague clues but I just didn't pick up on it the first time I read AGOT. Then on my re-read I was reading along and all of a sudden I was like HOLY SHIT! and you know it finally explained so many things later on!

I wish GRRM was clearer about that though, I bet a lot of people didn't get it...

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like all the... no offense, important, things people didn't discover initially were within the first ten-twelve pages of the original thread. I felt like the second half of that thread kind of meandered on and ended up being more about theories.

The little things can be important too! Its just a bit of fun comparing what you hadn't noticed first time round is all.

I never noticed Eddard Stark died, I mean I know there were some very vague clues but I just didn't pick up on it the first time I read AGOT. Then on my re-read I was reading along and all of a sudden I was like HOLY SHIT! and you know it finally explained so many things later on!

I wish GRRM was clearer about that though, I bet a lot of people didn't get it...

:bowdown:

The little things can be important too! Its just a bit of fun comparing what you hadn't noticed first time round is all.

Truth. Hence why I partook in said thread and fun. ;)

Wait... really? I mean, i've overlooked things while reading before. I know in this series I read the Brienne chapter about Sandor being "dead" and it was like 4 in the morning so I totally didn't pick up on a single clue that'd he still be alive. But still, the Ned thing? Woah. haha

I didn't notice that Steffon and Aerys were cousins...which means Robert and Rhaegar were second cousins. I didn't get that till my re-read.

Wait, what?!

NED STARK IS DEAD?! :frown5: :crying: :bawl:

I can join you in that one! I found her annoying first read, now I love her!

Make that three. At first I found her early chapters annoying now when I re-read them I find them the most tragic POVs in the series.

OT: Gregor and Sandor are brothers apparently. I never realized...

I never noticed Eddard Stark died, I mean I know there were some very vague clues but I just didn't pick up on it the first time

Yes I agree I find someone getting decapitated not enough to go on to believe that person dead. And the scene where Joff showed Sansa that person's head on a pike was rather vague indeed.

:D ;)

He didn't, he was refering to the forced abortion of Lysa's child.

Oh boy, I´m kind of relieved now :lol: I read that in the first "wow I never noticed" and it sounded soooo convincing to me.

EDIT: replaced a word ^_^

Archived