Jons Parentage Revealed

NathanStark

I would love for the r+l=j theory to be true but if he was wouldn't he have Dany's resistance to fire and in agot when saving the lc from the wights he suffered a burn injury to his hand that was not caused by any magical fire like Dany's dragon fire burns in adod. It is true that viserys died from the golden crown but since Danny isn't completly immune to fire mabye she would die from that as well or mabye viserys isn't dead he just passed out from the pain and all the dothraki assumed he was dead because anyone else would die from that and viserys was able to sneak away and went somewhere like ashai to plot his revenge against dany and the world. I think it would be awesome to see him come in twow or ados as the main antagonist.

no...not all targs true dragons...i.e. Viserys who was killed by fire....they say rheagar had it ....and now it passed to Dany

I want to start off by saying I don't believe Ned would tell Varys. However He may have told him now because he sees the threat to Jons life over. The reason he kept it a secret from Cat and his friends for so long was because if by chance it ever got back to Robert, Jon would be in danger. With Robert dead that allows him to be more trusting with the secret especially if he believes Varys to be a Targ loyalist.

what do you mean by now......remember....Varys was under the impression that the Cersei would let him take the black ....it was Goffrey who changed the plan and had him beheaded.....why would ned believe he was a targ loyalist if he saw Varys go along with Roberts plan to kill Dany. I htink Lord Eddard is good as dead....and his secret died with him....only one person left that knows the truth about Jon....I don't know how Martin will play it out and divulge this information.

By now I just meant post Robert in general I do not believe Ned is still alive. Next as I said I do not believe Ned would tell Varys, I was simply answering a possibility to a question posed by another. With regards to Ned possibly thinking Varys was a Targ loyalist there is a reason I used the word if in front of the statement meaning it's perhaps maybe a reaching possibility.

I have a question someone amongst the R+L = j believers might have the answer to. Im assuming Eddard named Jon after his mentor

Jon arryn if you agree that this is probably the case seeing as its not a very Targaryen name or a traditional Stark name . It would be safe to assume Lyanna or even Rhaegar had already given their own child a Targaryen name being the reason Eddard changed it to Jon?

I always wondered if, assuming R+L=J, the name could be a nod to Jon Connington, one of Rhaegar's closest friends. Perhaps Lyanna chose the name after the child was ended up being an unexpected boy. Or Ned could have chosen it as a name that honored someone important to him (Jon Arryn) and someone who was important to Rhaegar (Jon Connington). A bit crackpot, but just something that occurred to me.

I always wondered if, assuming R+L=J, the name could be a nod to Jon Connington, one of Rhaegar's closest friends. Perhaps Lyanna chose the name after the child was ended up being an unexpected boy. Or Ned could have chosen it as a name that honored someone important to him (Jon Arryn) and someone who was important to Rhaegar (Jon Connington). A bit crackpot, but just something that occurred to me.

someone went even as far as to claim Jon was named Visenyon and Ned just called him plain Jon. Naming him after Jon Arryn and JonCon makes alot more sense though..

Might be Jojen Reed, with his dreams and everything, would also know the truth? Or perhaps Howland Reed told his son? They do seem to know a lot more than the Stark children regarding the lives of their parents and the happenings pre-rebellion.

If the Reed kids knew about Jon's real parents you'd think they'd already told Bran. And who knows, maybe BR knows about R+L=J and tries to contact Jon while he's in coma via crowdreams.

Im quite confident we'll see Howland Reed in the coming books.

Might be Jojen Reed, with his dreams and everything, would also know the truth? Or perhaps Howland Reed told his son? They do seem to know a lot more than the Stark children regarding the lives of their parents and the happenings pre-rebellion.

If the Reed kids knew about Jon's real parents you'd think they'd already told Bran. And who knows, maybe BR knows about R+L=J and tries to contact Jon while he's in coma via crowdreams.

Someone said this previously and I agree, I think the Reed children know the basis of the story but not the specifics. Howland has probably told them what happened just not who was involved or what it really means.

Imagine reading all the way through the series without another hint at Jon Snow's parentage, to then have the ADoS Epilogue reveal them.....

Closing the most epic story with the series biggest mystery??

I would set the book down with a smile on my face.

In one of Brans Chapters.....when he's in the crypts with Lewin and Osha ...he is asked to identify all the kings and Lords buried there....and he does come come across one king in the north named Jon Stark...so Jon is a Stark name ....one of the old northern kings is buried in the krypts ....

Thats a very good point and a possibilty for sure, do u know if the Targaryens use non Valyrian names?

In one of Brans Chapters.....when he's in the crypts with Lewin and Osha ...he is asked to identify all the kings and Lords buried there....and he does come come across one king in the north named Jon Stark...so Jon is a Stark name ....one of the old northern kings is buried in the krypts ....

Thats another good point . I do feel however that the probability of Lyanna deciding to honor that obscure stark ancestor are very remote though.The males in Eddards family all share the names of the men Eddard grew up with and loved. Robert, Brandon,Rickon( i think the name is a play on Rickard Stark and Jon Arryn) a tribute to the two men he looked up to as his father. If im wrong about that and theres text about other rickons , my apologies. my guess is that Rhaegar left instructions that if the baby was a boy it was to be called Daeron , It would of been very bizzare if all through the pregnancy they never decided on a name .a few of the other traditional Taragaryen names being eliminated , Viserys was Rhaegars little brother so doubt he wanted to give him that name Aegon was already taken . Aemon was taken too ..Baelor is still in contention but doesnt sound right for Jon , Daeron in Honor of the young Dragon king that conquered Dorne that would fit Jon perfectly and it Matches Daenerys.

someone went even as far as to claim Jon was named Visenyon and Ned just called him plain Jon. Naming him after Jon Arryn and JonCon makes alot more sense though..

I am sort of partial to the Howland Reed is the hooded man at Winterfell. I mean it makes sense, and it would fit that he would call theon 'Kinslayer' because from what I gather him and Ned were like peas and carrots when they were younger and Howland knows all the secrets we all want to know. I hope the prologue is Howland at Winterfell or Osha at Greywater Watch finally answering some damn questions

I take that bet. :whip:

GRRM alternates the prologues between some minor character north of the wall and a maester related character in the South, usually in a place we have not seen before. Next one should be in the south.

The only pov-character that survives his prologue is Chett, and he is not among the survivers from the Fist, so he must have died immediately after that chapter.

Imagine reading all the way through the series without another hint at Jon Snow's parentage, to then have the ADoS Epilogue reveal them.....

Closing the most epic story with the series biggest mystery??

I would set the book down with a smile on my face.

Ultimate troll job, but I agree I would just put the book down smirking. There's really no other response to something like that

Archived