Leathers in the books to come?

Well, I ... ahem ... he is the only one who can speak Giant, so if Wun Wun is going to stop killing folks, or continue killing the right folks, Leathers is going to have some say in the matter.

Pshaw, talking about yourself in the 3rd person. Who do you think he/you are?

The Mountain that Posts.. I think George may have been a bit coy with his answer to the POV question. I think he said there will be no new POVs from characters we haven't met ... but that doesn't necessarily mean no new POVs. So, for example if Val should play a part in JOn's rescue , or if George wants to reveal more of what went down with Ser Patrek , we could well see a POV from Val. We've met her already. ( Besides , she could tell us so much about Leathers , Tormund , Mance and Dalla and herself..as well as give us a window on events )

And I wants one.. ;).. I'm hoping right along with you.

I'm rooting for a Blackfish POV so I'm joining your side :cool4:

[ I actually wrote a big theory about what I think is going to happen in the first part of tWoW and a BF pov is essential to that http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/80773-my-personal-predictions-for-the-first-part-of-the-wow/]

• 2 weeks later...

Lets not forget who is now the most battle tested person at the wall.....Mr Giantsbane is the only person with extensive knowledge on how to fight the others....It will be interestting what happens with his character and the impending battle with the others....who else is left with any kind of military experience and leadership ability.....giantsbane could possibly play a very important part at the Wall

Leathers and Tormund together with NW "Snow" wing may have enough sway to quell the situation at Castle Black. After all he is a Wildling AND ranger. Watch garrisons garrisoned by Wildlings seem to work, and Rangers seem to be the most aware of danger lurking up North... and to have the most respect for Wildlings as for a dangerous, but "human" foe.

The Mountain that Posts.. I think George may have been a bit coy with his answer to the POV question. I think he said there will be no new POVs from characters we haven't met ... but that doesn't necessarily mean no new POVs. So, for example if Val should play a part in JOn's rescue , or if George wants to reveal more of what went down with Ser Patrek , we could well see a POV from Val. We've met her already. ( Besides , she could tell us so much about Leathers , Tormund , Mance and Dalla and herself..as well as give us a window on events )

And I wants one.. ;).. I'm hoping right along with you.

I think this is what he will do. He's promised no new POVs from new characters, that doesn't mean he can't make characters we've already met POVs. I actually support the idea of having Mance, Val, Tormund, or Leathers as a POV. Not all of them, and I could see Leathers being the choice if GRRM wants to keep Mance or Val mysterious, and Tormund would probably never relinquish the mic once he's handed it. But I think one wildling POV would be very helpful.

I don't want a Tormund POV - Leathers or Val is my preference. I can just imagine the internal dialogue if you got inside of Tormund's head (the one on his shoulders) and it would probably kill the allure of his ridiculous stories, haha.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't want a Tormund POV - Leathers or Val is my preference. I can just imagine the internal dialogue if you got inside of Tormund's head (the one on his shoulders) and it would probably kill the allure of his ridiculous stories, haha.

It would be like going into Donald Trump's head.

We also don't know that Jon is dead. Dying is not dead, and it is still possible that he could survive the assassination attempt without magic or resurrection or anything like that. And if his near death experience is anything like Bran's, he could emerge with a functioning third eye that gives him much greater clarity and insight into what is happening in the world.

Archived