And What Are We Drinking, Again?

Fragile Bird

I'm not drinking it, but maybe it will show up here sooner or later. The first licensed Star Trek beer, Vulcan Ale. I think the Star Trek folk have a soft spot in their heart for Vulcan, Alberta, I believe they have even had world premieres there. :)

Star Trek made the announcement on its website, despite some rejigging of a launch date.

Weger says consumers — and he hopes there will be many — will be able to enjoy a high quality hand-crafted Irish Red Ale (5.4 per cent alcohol) that promises to “explore a new universe” of taste.

The product will start selling as single, regular sized bottles and eventually move to packaged cans. That’s when the bottle will likely be phased out for “green” reasons. Due to the many locales, Weger would not say how much the product would sell for, but that it would be competitive.

Although it’s already available in limited quantities in some areas of Alberta and British Columbia, the hard launch is May 17 (Alberta only), the release date of the new Star Trek movie Star Trek Into Darkness. The film, which is getting good reviews, is described as a prequel/reboot of the original TV series and the subsequent films.

The introduction of actor Benedict Cumberbatch into the movie — a mysterious new villain — has been critically acclaimed.

“That should be a great, great day,” says Weger with a bit of a laugh. “A great beer and a great movie.” And although the product will be brewed at the Harvest Moon Brewing Co in Belt, Montana, Weger says it will sold Canada, coast to coast.

Now drinking homebrew. An English-style double IPA hopped with EKG and my favorite hop, Bramling Cross.

Awesome! We're drinking a various homebrews (and waiting on various others to be kegged/bottled) around our house as well :cheers:

More homebrew, to celebrate the unearthing of Battle Hat.

Battle Hat?

Spending Friday night sipping diet coke and napping.

Today was a write off thanks to last night's launch of Magic Rock's Un-Human Cannonball, a scary triple IPA. Felt distinctly UNHUMAN all day. :/

Spending Friday night sipping diet coke and napping.

Today was a write off thanks to last night's launch of Magic Rock's Un-Human Cannonball, a scary triple IPA. Felt distinctly UNHUMAN all day. :/

Great beer blog! I checked out a bit of it. My wife and I brew a lot of beer but we only do all-extract kits or sometimes those with specialty grains. However, we do have a buddy who is set up for all-grain and we sometimes brew "double batches" with him that are all-grain (he has a 15 gallon brew pot!) Speaking of the subject of hops I came across this article on Slate: Against Hoppy Beer. It's basically how I feel about beer. For me, there is such a thing as too much hops. However, I'm continually amazed and grateful that there are so many different varieties of beer that there's more than enough for anyone to love :cheers:

Archived