Small questions v.10002

Angalin

Ok 2 questions:

The Sword of the Morning Arthur Dayne, where does that title come from? Is it a title bestowed, similar to Syrio's First Sword of Braavos, or simply a nickname, like Kingslayer, where is it from?

And I've seen mentions on this board of something called Hammers of the Water, what is that?

Sword of the morning is an internal title within house Dayne - the wielder of their legendary sword Dawn is called Sword of the morning.

Kingslayer is simply a nickname - he killed the King.

None of them are like first sword of Braavos, which is more political and official, as is for example Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

The Hammer of the waters is a legendary floodlike apocalipse that the Children of the forest are said to have caused, which created the Neck.

Ok 2 questions:

The Sword of the Morning Arthur Dayne, where does that title come from? Is it a title bestowed, similar to Syrio's First Sword of Braavos, or simply a nickname, like Kingslayer, where is it from?

And I've seen mentions on this board of something called Hammers of the Water, what is that?

The Sword of the Morning is a title given to whichever Dayne is considered good enough to wield Dawn.

And what FittleLinger said ^. He beat me too it.

Do we know of any noble babies born during the series?

Seems everybody is too young or too old.

Surely some Frey babies have popped out?

Edmure's child by his Frey wife not yet born. Lord Walder's grandkids: Leana Frey, Jaime and Tywin Frey in AFFC. Also Lollys Stokeworth had Tyrion Tanner, while she is noble the father is most likely baseborn.

The Hammer of the waters is a legendary floodlike apocalipse that the Children of the forest are said to have caused, which created the Neck.

Hammer of the waters actually did this:

"According to legend, the Stepstones are a remnant of a land-bridge, known as the Arm of Dorne, linking Westeros and Essostogether. More than ten thousand years ago the First Men used that land-bridge to cross into what is today known as Dorne to begin their invasion of Westeros. The greenseers of the children of the forest used magic to shatter the land-bridge into an archipelago named the Stepstones, located between the Broken Arm and the Disputed Lands."

However, I believe that CotF tried to to do the same to the Neck but failed due to being too weak. My theory is that is why the area is so swampy and the environment of the Greywater Watch.

EDIT: Now into the crackpot, CotF may have blew up a moon (see Dothraki legend releasing dragon) and used it to create the Hammer. Also, might be why the seasons are so screwed up. Just a bunch of crackpot for converstation purposes.

Benjen must have come to Winterfell other than when Robert visited. He and Jon seem to have at least some relationship at the start of the first book.

Aye it seems strange? Even Mormont says to tyrion he has neices he hasn t seen in bear island and that jon shouldnt be allowed to journey to winterfell because it may stir up feeligs he should learn to forget. Yet in Benjens case its cool? Seems rather strange

Aye it seems strange? Even Mormont says to tyrion he has neices he hasn t seen in bear island and that jon shouldnt be allowed to journey to winterfell because it may stir up feeligs he should learn to forget. Yet in Benjens case its cool? Seems rather strange

Benjen is first ranger. He ranges. He is almost always somewhere (out of the Wall) and also, he is the current Stark at the Wall, they have always been special. Also, Benjen is there to update lord Stark (who happens to be his brother) on the situation on the Wall and on the threat of Mance Raider. If there needs to be a connection between the Wall and the Starks, who is more suitable for such link than the Stark NW brother, who happens to be a ranger (and not a steward or Lord commander). And the Night's watch has had representatives at tourneys and people sent to KL to ask for support, now the King is coming to WF (first time for many years) and it's wise to have someone to represent the Watch.

Where does the info that Sword of the morning is a Tittle for the user of down come for(And not just a title that was given to Arthur)? Is in the books or in a SSM?

Its from the wiki which is from a web chat between Ran and a few other people and GRRM. The link to the web chat is at the bottom of the wiki page for Dawn.

I think Mormont said that about Jon because Jon had only been at the Wall for a short while. He wasnt used to being away from his family and home yet so going back to WF then having to return to the Wall may make him even more home sick than he prolly was. He might have not even wanted to return to the Wall if he left.

Benjen prolly stayed away for a few years before he was allowed to visit home too.

Where does the info that Sword of the morning is a Tittle for the user of down come for(And not just a title that was given to Arthur)? Is in the books or in a SSM?

Dawn unlike other swords, has to be earned. A swordsman has to show certain skills before he is given both the title, and the sword. Once in a Generation type swordsmen.

here is the story of the Nights King.

I believe your 2nd question is who is the great other? we don't know if there is one, but that has been said in story. If there is one, we have yet to here its name( or as Mel would have said "isn't to be spoken"

isn;t that similar to The Stranger, the 7th asoect of The Seven Gods?

This question is about when Renley excitedly showed Ned the locket of Margaery and asked if she looked like Lyanna.

Okay, suppose she HAD looked enough like Lyanna, how was Renley going to get rid of Cersei so that Robert could marry Margaery? THis was long before Stannis sent the ravens out about the incest, but did Renley know about the twincest then and was he anticipating Robert killing her? Or was Renley going to get rid of the queen to pave the way for Margaery?

I apologize if this has been asked before---I have a question about Cersei. In book 1, she says she aborted Robert's baby, but then in book 5 she says she likes to think that Joff was conceived on their wedding night. From what I can remember, it sounded like Cersei's miscarriage/abortion was before Joff's birth. Is Cersei just talking out of her arse or is this an error?

I apologize if this has been asked before---I have a question about Cersei. In book 1, she says she aborted Robert's baby, but then in book 5 she says she likes to think that Joff was conceived on their wedding night. From what I can remember, it sounded like Cersei's miscarriage/abortion was before Joff's birth. Is Cersei just talking out of her arse or is this an error?

I thought Joff was conceived while Cersei and Jaime were at Estermont? Can someone back this up?

This question is about when Renley excitedly showed Ned the locket of Margaery and asked if she looked like Lyanna.

Okay, suppose she HAD looked enough like Lyanna, how was Renley going to get rid of Cersei so that Robert could marry Margaery? THis was long before Stannis sent the ravens out about the incest, but did Renley know about the twincest then and was he anticipating Robert killing her? Or was Renley going to get rid of the queen to pave the way for Margaery?

I got the impression Renly and Loras had a (possibly) half assed plan to convince Robert to set Cersei aside by creating an obsession with Margaery. Her supposed resemblance to Lyanna would have helped. I'm of the opinion that old horn dog Robert would have fallen for it hook line and sinker (Lyanna resemblance or not) if he'd survived.

So I feel pretty positive that Mormont's raven that is now Jon's is a warg. Some warg died and is now living a second life in the raven.Just like Varamyr Sixskins. But who?

Died? No.

Bloodraven. He of 1001 eyes (ravens). Whose mother was a Blackwood...

Archived