What is Your Most Crackpot Theory v.4

The direwolf is the sigil of House Stark. Ned killing Lady means he's responsible of the destruction of his own house. Is that crackpot or more of foreshadowing? Either way, Ned had a hand on it.

Bran's assassination was misdirection; the real target that night was the Winterfell library

I quite like this. It's like magic itself: Don't believe it's real, but sure wish it were.

Mine: The reason GRRM has told us that the lowest level of the crypts is partly collapsed is that he wants to give us some sort of reason why, in eight thousand years, the Starks never exhaustively catalogued it and still don't know what's there.

I also have a Grand Unified Theory which explains and connects the origin of the Others, the history of the Starks, the building of the Wall and Storm's End, Asshai, Lightbringer, the wights and how they are generated, and a number of seemingly unrelated things such as Patchface and Melisandre's behavior with Jon, but it would take several thousand words to write it up.

Been done on this forum, but no one else seems to buy it (which I guess puts it in the "crackpot" category) -- Cersei and Jaime are actually the children of Aerys and Joanna. There's just something about the way Jaime describes the look in Cersei's eyes when she's burning the Tower of the Hand.

Owww, that's deep. The winterfell library, I hadn't considered that.

I don't know how crackpot this is but I think Sam's going to become a wizard. I think he's going to study the ancient magic of Valyria and get some serious warlock abilities. And he'll tell Jon how to control his dragon and defeat the Others.

LOVE it!

Been done on this forum, but no one else seems to buy it (which I guess puts it in the "crackpot" category) -- Cersei and Jaime are actually the children of Aerys and Joanna. There's just something about the way Jaime describes the look in Cersei's eyes when she's burning the Tower of the Hand.

I don't think this is that crackpot. I think it's very plausible, given what we know.

Now, for mine, here we go...

I think that Bran is going to be able to reach into the past, more than just witness things. We've already heard him whisper to Ned, which Ned heard, and I'm very set that he time traveled to Jon in ACOK, which indicates to me that he can influence the past at some point in his future.

Here's where it gets really crackpot (and where, oddly, it seems to piss people off): I think by the end of the series, one of the major Stark deaths is going to come back to life for good because of Bran warning them of future events. Whether that's Ned, Caetlyn or Robb (Robb seems like the most likely, and conveniently, is my favorite character :rolleyes: ), I don't know, but I think one of them will be back as they were. Obviously, GRRM will have to set his own time travel rules, as every single work of fiction that has employed time travel has done, but that's just my gut feeling on it. Is part of it me really hoping it happens? Totally, but I think the precedent is there too.

LOVE it!

I don't think this is that crackpot. I think it's very plausible, given what we know.

I think that Bran is going to be able to reach into the past, more than just witness things. We've already heard him whisper to Ned, which Ned heard, and I'm very set that he time traveled to Jon in ACOK, which indicates to me that he can influence the past at some point in his future.

Here's where it gets really crackpot (and where, oddly, it seems to piss people off): I think by the end of the series, one of the major Stark deaths is going to come back to life for good because of Bran warning them of future events. Whether that's Ned, Caetlyn or Robb (Robb seems like the most likely, and conveniently, is my favorite character :rolleyes: ), I don't know, but I think one of them will be back as they were. Obviously, GRRM will have to set his own time travel rules, as every single work of fiction that has employed time travel has done, but that's just my gut feeling on it. Is part of it me really hoping it happens? Totally, but I think the precedent is there too.

The time travel thing does seem crackpot but i would love it if it was true. Robb coming back to life! The Freys getting fucked up! Catelyn never becoming Stoneheart! I would love it.

What I'd love is for Bran to warg into a bird and go get Arya. She needs one of her brothers to remind her of who she is. Or maybe Jon could do it. But someone needs to do it and quick before she loses herself entirely.

That I am actually Jon Snow and I am stuck in a coma after being stabbed and all this is just a dream. My memories just present themselves as these books. But be afraid when I wake up, cause I am going on a massive rage. I am going introduce science and invent guns and all kinds crazy stuff and everyone is getting an ass whoopin starting with Littlefinger.

LOVE it!

If weassmue that the whispers that were heard were Bran time travelling - Would it not be fair to assume that any change has aslready been affected. Not that I wouldn't love an alive Robb.

That I am actually Jon Snow and I am stuck in a coma after being stabbed and all this is just a dream. My memories just present themselves as these books. But be afraid when I wake up, cause I am going on a massive rage. I am going introduce science and invent guns and all kinds crazy stuff and everyone is getting an ass whoopin starting with Littlefinger.

I think we have a winner for the most cracked pot :P

I think this isn't too crackpot. There was the suggestion that Aerys did something really wrong to Joanna during the bedding ceremony on her and Tywin's wedding night.

I'll just say this. I thought I had some crazy ideas but after seeing this board. I stand corrected.

I don't know if this one is taken probably because it's just too obvious

The Frog Prince that died from a kiss from the dragon will be reborn when Dany kisses him to turn him into a handsome prince. He'll be the other prince that was promised( marriage pact he tried to get Dany to agree to) and will look like a Veserys since that's who he tried to replace.

I also like the idea that Howland Reed brings Ned Stark's bones back to life so he can "take the black" and tell Jon stories about his mother.

Archived