Which character reminds you of you?

Blue Rose Direwolf

Ok, so going purely on the evidence in the text while disregarding theories (crackpot or otherwise) which character or characters remind you of you? Who would you be in the books? Understand, I'm not asking who you'd like to be in the series, I'm asking who you actually are.

As for myself, I relate to Lyanna. Even though she's never technically in the action of the story, the things we find out about her make me think of myself. Like having a reputation for free spirited behaviour and even a little wildness, she was considered kind of exotic by a lot of people. She also saw the truth in people, like when she knew without a doubt that Robert would never be faithful to her. She wasn't naive or romantic about it. She was a realist, and matter-of-fact about it too because she told Ned straight what she thought.

At the same time, she had a sensitive side, shown when she wept over a song Rhaegar sang. Maybe he was singing it to her and maybe not, but if it'd been me I would have totally bawled regardless.

And blue roses are my favourite. Blue roses, blue lotuses, blue dresses, anything blue is my kind of thing.

So what about you?

I think I share some traits with Kevan Lannister. Being steady, reliable but not exceptional. With no real objections to being a follower rather then a leader. I (like Kevan) can follow someone out of loyalty or simply because that person is better suited. That Kevan has also proven that he can lead if called upon is quite similar to my experiences aswell.

Edit; Oh and like Kevan I am big boned, strong, but I suppose come middle age I risk becoming overweight if I am not careful! :P

Sam :ohwell: I am not exactly a coward, but the way he openly admits to his faults is something I share. It always seems to catch people off guard. I also love books and knowledge.

I love how honest and open Sam is. He's one of the most likeable and sweet characters to me! And I think he's one of the least cowardly people in the series. He faces his fears in a way his father never knew he could.

Good for you for being like him!

I think I share some traits with Kevan Lannister. Being steady, reliable but not exceptional. With no real objections to being a follower rather then a leader. I (like Kevan) can follow someone out of loyalty or simply because that person is better suited. That Kevan has also proven that he can lead if called upon is quite similar to my experiences aswell.

Edit; Oh and like Kevan I am big boned, strong, but I suppose come middle age I risk becoming overweight if I am not careful! :P

Kevan seemed like a much nicer person than Tywin. So you lucked out!

Kevan seemed like a much nicer person than Tywin. So you lucked out!

Yeah in comparison with Tywin sure but still he was partly responsible for harrying the Riverlands and then fully responsible for Cerseis Walk of Shame, but yeah I still rather like him actually. I share those previously listed traits with him but also many others aswell I suppose.

Edit: Heh, The Reader was a good answer Ser Leftwich!

Yeah in comparison with Tywin sure but still he was partly responsible for harrying the Riverlands and then fully responsible for Cerseis Walk of Shame, but yeah I still rather like him actually. I share those previously listed traits with him but also many others aswell I suppose.

Edit: Heh, The Reader was a good answer Ser Leftwich!

I like Kevan. He's lived in Tywin's shadow for most of his life but he doesn't seem to moan and gripe about it unlike other characters in similar situations.

Jon Snow - I grew up much like him, not that I was refered to as a bastard but was usually forgotten, mocked, etc. Overall, I grew into someone who was thoughtful, calculated and I think I have a nack for judgment of character and reading people. I also stick up for those who are weak, weird or socially not accepted... Because I once was and I wasn't helped by anyone.

Jon Snow - I grew up much like him, not that I was refered to as a bastard but was usually forgotten, mocked, etc. Overall, I grew into someone who was thoughtful, calculated and I think I have a nack for judgment of character and reading people. I also stick up for those who are weak, weird or socially not accepted... Because I once was and I wasn't helped by anyone.

I think that sometimes, being treated cruelly in youth can lead to people being much more empathetic and compassionate towards others. I was bullied myself so I know how that feels.

Archived