Which Westerosi King's body gets the parking lot treatment?

Mormont'sRaven

I don't understand the question.

But hell. I'm going to say - King Bob.

The remains of Richard III of England were recently discovered in a parking lot.

As to the OP, I'd say either Stannis or -- although he was never a king -- Theon. Much like Stannis, Richard III claim to the throne derived from his accusation that his nephews weren't the legitimate heirs. His opponents also depicted him as a grim, humorless man. I say Theon because Richard's young nephews famously disappeared from the Tower of London, never to be seen or heard from again, much like Bran and Rickon.

ETA: Ninja'd by Mormont's Raven regarding the discovery of Richard III.

Good point, although as Loras buried him in a remote beautiful spot he'll probably end up under a Center Parc.

yes indeed or maybe a strip mall/theme park about how once this was a beautiful spot.

Some of the news sites have had a mirror debate to this one -- commenters debating which asoiaf character Richard III resembled most. Most people say either Stannis or Ned -- haven't seen any Tyrions yet.

[One blogger making GoT connections says that "Edward" was pronounced "Eddard" back in medieval England.]

In fairness, the car park was a small Grey Friars (Franciscan) monastery when Richard was buried there. It was later closed under Henry VIII and eventually destroyed. So maybe the question is: What previously sacred site in Westeros is now being used as something else entirely? (i.e. Winterfell.)

So maybe the question is: What previously sacred site in Westeros is now being used as something else entirely? (i.e. Winterfell.)

Well it may not have been a sacred site, but the Twins maybe as level as a car park by the end of the series. (With most of the Freys beneath it naturally).

Also, Richard III = Ned or Stannis? They seem nothing like RIII.

If you're a Ricardian, he seems a bit like Ned -- Beloved in the North, trusted the wrong people and ended up dead because of it. The Stannis connection is probably more as the younger brother of a king whose queen was blonde and reviled, and whose children were declared illegitimate.

The Mad King. He's definitely the sort of king who'd get deposed killed and dumped in a random ditch to be dug up 500 years later by some eager glory hungry PH.D student.

Richard wasn't dumped in a ditch. He was buried but the abbey where they put his corpse was destroyed (during the reign of Henry VIII, I guess).

I agree with Pelican - it would be Ned, though he wasn't a king. He came from the north and even if he didn't kill the successors of the rightful monarch, he admitted to plotting against them.

Archived