So let's talk Minecraft.

MinDonner

I have a number of texture packs that I shuffle between - but almost all of them are 64x64 or higher.

Ones I have installed:

Spiral Majik (mine)

Soartex Fanever

Wolfhound

VonDoomCraft (which is crazy!)

OVO's Rustic

JohnSmith (32x)

EJBS

My island on Minecraft Pocket Edition is tiny, and THERE'S NOTHING THERE. Grrrr!

I know almost nothing about the Pocket Edition, but it's quite possible that the "pocket" nature of it means that they left out a bunch of features. But! I did find this link which seems to promise caves and other structures, so if you can figure out the instructions then maybe it'll work?

eta: as for texture packs, sadly they're not available for the Xbox yet, though apparently they will be in future. So, just the standard one I'm stuck on for now.

eta: as for texture packs, sadly they're not available for the Xbox yet, though apparently they will be in future. So, just the standard one I'm stuck on for now.

Oh god, that must be horrible :lol:

I´m kind of happy that you can change the textures of PE through some tricks with the app data otherwise I would have abandoned my PE long ago

My island on Minecraft Pocket Edition is tiny, and THERE'S NOTHING THERE. Grrrr!

Hereward - Worth buying the Pocket Edition then to play on the train to work, or is it a bit of a turkey?

Being stranded on a small island isn't that weird in Minecraft. The main question is: are there other islands, or even a continent, somewhere near you are? Can you see anything on the horizon? What happens when you try to swim very far?

If you're really stuck with nothing but your island on your map, that quite sucks. Well, you can dig deep down, mine, explore the underground, but that's only a part of the fun - and you might end up short on wood and food.

how does it look like? Gosh I want to try it out now :rofl:

Apparently the Minecraft Customizer site is dead, but I have some screenshots posted on my Blog.

I can put a copy of the .ZIP up on a fileshare if there is interest (probably should anyway since people can still get to my stuff through the official MC board).

I should probably outline that it is a 128x resolution with the Extreme art pack mod, so it's easily a 35-40mb download. I'm mostly done with it, but I haven't even looked at the last set of patch textures that came out yet.

Hereward will hate me for this, but I started exploring down the mineshaft in my new back garden yesterday, and within about half an hour turned up a whole new abandoned mine attached to (so far) THREE mossy dungeon rooms. The chest contents have been a bit disappointing, but at last I've found a skeleton-spawner, so will be able to start farming for bones as soon as I've lit up and cleared out the rest of the area. And there's a fuckton of gold ore also.

Funny, when I'd just started the game and first heard about these dungeons, I was like WTF? How the hell does anyone find these things with such a vast amount of underground to explore? And now I'm just running across them 5 minutes' dig from my house. :lol:

So, does anyone else keep feeling compelled to rescue animals? Most of my landscape is cliffy and precipitous, so I keep coming across all these sheep and cows and pigs who are stuck on a 2x1 block halfway up a mountain with no escape routes... and every time, as long as I can do it without risk of dying (or it's not stupidly out of the way), I have to go and add blocks/dig steps so they can get free... of course the dumb cows usually respond by immediately falling to their death, but at least I tried!

The only animal I've tried to rescue in that way was a wolf that had somehow fallen into a cave/tunnel with a deep flow of water running through it. Aparently that the old adage about horses and water also applies to minecraft animals and routes of escape.

Here's my most ambitious building project so far - the Golden Gate Bridge!. Yeah, it's maybe not THAT impressive, but it took pretty much every single lump of clay on the planet to get enough bricks for that. Fence posts for cables are also not awesome but meh, can't do diagonals anyway. It's just cool having some huge structures that you can spot while zooming around on minecarts.

Tend to alternate every few days between a bit of mining and a bit of above-ground maintenance/building. My mansion now has a library tower and an observatory on the roof, but it looks craptacular from the outside. I also collected up a bunch of eggs so I could get chickens wandering around, but they all wandered off immediately and I haven't seen them since. Been underground for a while so I'm thinking of trying some mountain-climbing and building some stuff in the sky like hot-air balloons. Good job I only just figured out about crouching down so you don't fall from great heights! :dunce:

Nice Min!

Chickens like wheat seeds - if you put them in your hand and catch their attention, they'll follow you like zombies after your brain.

I'm not sure what you can do other than putting them behind glass or digging a pit too deep for them to get out as a way to keep chickens in one place.

I haven't been able to find any chickens on my world yet - so I have to venture farther out.

I've been busy breeding purple sheep (which is awesome) and thinking of adding a third floor to my barn.

Well, I will, once my I get my new computer parts and the machine is working again... (vid card finally blew).

I have only been able to find one chicken (or duck, as my daughter calls it) in my world so far. Well, I saw a second one once, but I had wandered way off without my map and was more concerned with finding my way back home than luring a chicken halfway across the world.

Angalin linked me this earlier - for anyone who needs to justify the game's educational value to themselves! :D

Found my first Stronghold yesterday; funnily enough, almost directly underneath my farmhouse and initial spawn point. Unfortunately it generated right over a massive ravine, so my first sight was a huge library with no floor suspended over the void - I've had to climb up the ravine's narrow end and start building a floor under the whole thing before I can start exploring properly, and it's likely that a bunch of the rooms will have vanished into the deeps. No idea how many Strongholds you get per map, so hope this isn't my only one.

Also building a football stadium, though the natural amphitheatre I found is only half the size it needs to be. Digdigdig! Luckily no caverns have yet been unearthed beneath the western end. This also means that whenever it rains I have to dash back up to the small snowy north to gather more snowballs to make blocks for the white lines...

I'm still playing Pocket Edition while I await the arrival of the full game for my birthday. I've built the most 1970s mansion the world has seen since George Best was getting pissed at Fulham. It's a vision in sandstone and glass. Built a skyscaper as well, which I keep falling off of.

Archived