So... we all know how this is going to end, right? (SPOILER ALERT)

King's Ruin

I know it seems sooo obvious but I haven't actually come across anyone else saying it outright in the forums (I'm sure there is an old posting somewhere I probably missed) but... Dragons VS Whitewalkers - is there any other way to go? Obviously the 'Ice and Fire' in the title ASOIAF is surely referring to those two (amongst other things) as the ultimate rivals for the final act (because they are the two most formidable forces in the entire GRRM world right?) I also think the way they have been kept so far apart for so long is clear indication of their eventual, inevitable marriage. Are there any other theories I should know regarding this? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, sorry if the inclusion of 'SPOILER ALERT' in the title was misleading. I am new around here and I don't know how to properly implement the anti-spoiler stuff (REALLY cool that btw)

I know it seems sooo obvious but I haven't actually come across anyone else saying it outright in the forums (I'm sure there is an old posting somewhere I probably missed) but... Dragons VS Whitewalkers - is there any other way to go? Obviously the 'Ice and Fire' in the title ASOIAF is surely referring to those two (amongst other things) as the ultimate rivals for the final act (because they are the two most formidable forces in the entire GRRM world right?) I also think the way they have been kept so far apart for so long is clear indication of their eventual, inevitable marriage. Are there any other theories I should know regarding this? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, sorry if the inclusion of 'SPOILER ALERT' in the title was misleading. I am new around here and I don't know how to properly implement the anti-spoiler stuff (REALLY cool that btw)

let me answer your question with a big NO. Best you check out stuff like the Heresy threads to get some different views on the setting (veeeery different views :lol: ). For another Ice and Fire approach you can check out the R+L=J threads.

I personally believe that the First Men and the CotF once already fought the Others without the use of some scaly Monsters and they can definetely do it again.

And regarding your fear about the spoilers. This is the general section, everyone who is here has read the books, so there is no problem regarding such "spoilers" ;)

Or perhaps, people will fight and win both fire and ice, meaning they will battle with both dragons and the Others...Ice and fire doesn`t mean dragons vs Others, it`s about opposites that make harmony...anyone heard of Jon :) ?

Or perhaps, people will fight and win both fire and ice, meaning they will battle with both dragons and the Others...Ice and fire doesn`t mean dragons vs Others, it`s about opposites that make harmony...anyone heard of Jon :) ?

i am just imagining in my head some amazing battle scene with others and dragons on one side

Apart from the fact I did say 'amongst other things' i think it's pretty safe to say Fire and Ice DOES mean Dragons and Others. Fire melts Ice. The End. That is just the problem. As one guy put it so succinctley:

The last chapter better involve fifty thousand dragons coming over from valyria.

It is an irrestible, inevitable thing that those two distant storylines must merge, eventually, and we get to see the Wall go up in smoke. Can you imagine it? A blood soaked field of Whitewalkers, Wildings, Nightswatch, probably someone or other's armies and three DRAGONS raining fire down on their heads. That is the climax everyone wants, NEEDS to see... or is it? I would say of all the theories this is the one no-one can deny. DRAGONS VS OTHERS. It's On. It is SO On.

Apart from the fact I did say 'amongst other things' i think it's pretty safe to say Fire and Ice DOES mean Dragons and Others. Fire melts Ice. The End. That is just the problem.

That is the point, It is NOT safe to say. Fire and Ice can mean Jon Snow/Stark. It can mean the balance of those things and It can be just be a nice title to describe the Families of the important maincharacters: the Starks and the Targaryens.

Archived