Are Elves Liberal Or Conservative? [not serious yo]

Sci-2

They seem snooty and all about bloodlines and inherited wealth, but also have that whole tree hugger thing going on...

Hard to pin them down, unlike the other fantasy races:

Dwarves: Conservative

Halflings: Moderately Conservative

Gnomes: Moderately Liberal

Dragons: Libertarian

For some reason I read the thread title and thought you meant Keebler Elves, who, as we all know, are indentured servants.

I'd put them under the "gnome" category myself. I can see them being "liberal" in a workers' rights sense. I also think they'd become socially liberal over time.

Conservatives. They are stodgy, old, traditionally minded and for the preservation of existing modes of being.

Tree-hugging is not anti-conservative, it's just part of environmentalism (which can fit with most ideologies)

I don't read a lot of high fantasy, so what about dragons are libertarian?

If you have the most personal power and are greedy, seems like libertarian would be a good fit. You can even say fuck it to public goods like policing and defense.

Dwarves: Conservative

I'd think this is debatable. Dwarves have a lot of traditions, but also seem pragmatic and adaptable, in both Tolkien and Pratchett.

Pratchett depicts dwarf society as generally fairly conservative but with definite tensions between tradition and modernity.

Conservatives. They are stodgy, old, traditionally minded and for the preservation of existing modes of being.

Tree-hugging is not anti-conservative, it's just part of environmentalism (which can fit with most ideologies)

Indeed. Conservatives were conservationists waaaaaay before lefties were

If you have the most personal power and are greedy, seems like libertarian would be a good fit. You can even say fuck it to public goods like policing and defense.

Yes they'd definitely be against defence spending otherwise they couldn't steal shit. Imagine if the dwarves of the lonely mountain had spent more money on defence?

Archived