Small questions for ADwD, v.V

Angalin

Just so I'm clear, Cersei's incest charge is for sex with Lancel, correct? I'm asserting this based on the lack of action taken against Jaime by the Faith, and the fact that the High Septon is hostile towards Stannis's conversion to the fire god, and would likely be resistant towards giving credence to any accusation Stannis may level. Am I wrong on this?

The other charges are regicide, diecide, and treason. The first two are self explanatory, but what about the treason? Is this for lying about Margery (everyone recanted), plotting to kill Robert, or a catchall charge for all her actions?

I think so too. Even though everyone suspects CerseixJaime there is no evidence since only Lancel owned up to everything. I think she's charged with treason for killing Robert, but I'm not very sure.

The men thrown over the walls are not hostages. They are people who have the disease. This way it would spread in the city. It is known.

I still hope it's Daario... Why exactly do we think they weren't hostages? Anyone can expalain?

Basically, I don't have a clear picture how long Connington has been afflicted, and don't really see a logical way he could hide his greyscale from the crew members, especially if he got it while saving Tyrion.

I don't get that part either.

That's what I thought too but I have a friend who keeps insisting that he was killed with the rest of the hostages that were thrown over the walls.

The only hostage confirmed killed so far was Groleo, which happened before the bodies started being flung over the walls. The response above actually contains a spoiler from TWoW chapters previewed at readings.

Basically, I don't have a clear picture how long Connington has been afflicted, and don't really see a logical way he could hide his greyscale from the crew members, especially if he got it while saving Tyrion.

Nobody does. I believe there are threads about it. I know I have seen the arguement before.

@quoth

I am pretty sure somewhere before the Asha chapter (maybe a Jon or Stannis chapter) it is explained that Mors joined Stannis because he wanted to drink from Mance Rayder's skull but would not fight his brother. maybe I am wrong but I thought he was one of the only Northern Lords to openly join Stannis...besides the devious Karstarks, and thus was with Stannis during the march to Winterfell

I still hope it's Daario... Why exactly do we think they weren't hostages? Anyone can expalain?

I read people saying in this forum that it's because it's stated that all 6 trebuchets had fired, and there were only 3 remaining hostages.

I don't get that part either.

If i understand it right, at first greyscale is not apparent, and to know if you have it or not, you need to poke your fingers to see if you have sensitivity in them or not. During this phase, they have to trust his word that he has sensitivity. After it begins showing, i assume that people of the nobility, more often than not, wear gloves. Even for the ocasions when he would be glove-less, noone would have a particular reason to examine his fingertips, after he was discarded of having greyscale (on his word).

In "The Prince of Winterfell" (US Hardcover p.485) Theon asks Lady Dustin why he is giving 'Arya' away and she replies "Her father is dead and all her brothers. Her mother perished at the Twins. Her uncles are lost or dead or captive." I'm probably reading way too much into this but the wording of the last line is a bit odd, yes? Brandon is clearly dead and Benjen is lost or presumed dead... Why did she randomly add the "captive" part? Perhaps she knows more about the fate of Benjen Stark than she is letting on.

In "The Prince of Winterfell" (US Hardcover p.485) Theon asks Lady Dustin why he is giving 'Arya' away and she replies "Her father is dead and all her brothers. Her mother perished at the Twins. Her uncles are lost or dead or captive." I'm probably reading way too much into this but the wording of the last line is a bit odd, yes? Brandon is clearly dead and Benjen is lost or presumed dead... Why did she randomly add the "captive" part? Perhaps she knows more about the fate of Benjen Stark than she is letting on.

Most probably the captive uncle she refers to is Edmure - I know he's easy to forget about cause the Stark side is the more interesting side of her family, but he's an uncle just as much as Brandon (dead) and Benjen (lost).

Anyone else make the connection that the Drogon's lair is described as a great fist on the Dothraki Sea. Which to another fist rock formation in the north. Ice and Fire?

Storm's End is described as looking like a giant fist. This could foreshadow Aegon taking Storm's End.

Why does Drogon nearly incinerate Dany in the pit?

Why why why???!

I was puzzled by that, too. But, I'm guessing it's somewhat like riding a wild horse. The horse has to be "broken"... Perhaps, once the dragon "reached an age", until Dany got some measure of control of it by riding it and "breaking" it, it would act wild and take on anything or anyone...?

I was puzzled by that, too. But, I'm guessing it's somewhat like riding a wild horse. The horse has to be "broken"... Perhaps, once the dragon "reached an age", until Dany got some measure of control of it by riding it and "breaking" it, it would act wild and take on anything or anyone...?

I get the whole "adolescent phase" thing, but Dany is (for the lack of a better term) its mother, why would it want to attack the only nurturing figure its known its whole life...thats where I think the blowing of Euron's horn comes in.

I get the whole "adolescent phase" thing, but Dany is (for the lack of a better term) its mother, why would it want to attack the only nurturing figure its known its whole life...thats where I think the blowing of Euron's horn comes in.

Drogon was in the middle of being attacked, and everyone that came near him tried to him harm. It probably took him a moment to recognize Dany, andit was easier for her to reassert dominance as she was the only maternal figure he knew.

Drogon was in the middle of being attacked, and everyone that came near him tried to him harm. It probably took him a moment to recognize Dany, andit was easier for her to reassert dominance as she was the only maternal figure he knew.

And maybe because Drogon isn't a mewling babe in arms, a puppy or a kitten. It's a dragon. And one that's maybe feeling it's oats, so to speak. I mean even Roy, of Siegfeld and Roy, was attacked by one of his own tigers. Some animals are different that other animals. And I can't believe I'm discussing this point about a wholly fictional creature. :rofl:

Edited by Quoth

After finishing the book, I've been wondering in my head, what's going to happen right after Jon gets stabbed infront of everyone? Will the wildlings, urged by Tormund attack the other brothers in black? I mean, the wildlings wanted in on fighting Ramsay and the NW is out-numbered. Or will there just be total chaos as in the previous LC's death? I mean, if it's chaos, Bowen and his other friends just fucked the NW as bad as they thought Jon was gonna mess it up. It's just been gnawing at me.

What do you guys think is gonna happen right afterwards?

Edited by ShrektheTurd