The Walking Dead Graphic Novel/TV Comparison (TV and GN SPOILERS)

Relic

I hate these long hiatus; it just makes it harder to get in the mood for zombie killing. Luckily, the first ten minutes will always fix that.

Well, that was interesting, Crazy Rick announcing himself for everyone, adding a bit of Ricktator int he mix. Certainly not the best way to ensure the loyalty of people he will soon need. Why can't Merle die already? And Beth is so thoughtful in how she talks to Carol about Daryl leaving :dunno: I'm surprised at how much I like Carol and Hershel now, and I wish Michonne would just stop scowling and be her amazing self already. Carl's scenes just madce me realize how absurd it is that he still wears that childish shirt with an atomic paw or whatever that is, but I can easily imagine him showing up with a more adult shirt when his badass/slightly psychopathic self takes over. Andrea's little I'm-a-new-democratic-leader speech was unconvincing, and I'll never forgive David Morrissey for making me sympathize with the Governor.

Other than that, not the best episode, even if the hiatus made it the one with the highest ratings. The best thing, though: Tyreese :love:

I've always liked Carol... I hold out hope she's gonna evolve even still.

I'm surprised they are taking Ricks delusions so far and not introducing Michonnes mental health issues. I know in the other thread everyone was wondering why Rick is hating on Michonne but I think a lot of it is that she holds her cards so close. She knew about Andrea and said nothing. -Also- are we supposed to believe that Michonne & Andrea had a "thing"?

How sad was it that Carl feels so much guilt for being mean to his mom? :(

-Also- are we supposed to believe that Michonne & Andrea had a "thing"?

Well, it certainly looks like it, though I doubt they will go that way. Maybe one-sided, on Michonne's part? I ship them. :cool4:

I just love how Rick is always clashing with every strong character that crosses his path. I'm also wondering what happens when Daryl rejoins the prison group: does he die? Does Tyreese die/leave? Because, the way this show usually goes, it's hard to think they could be together in the group for long (even though Tyreese is more of a leader than Daryl could ever be).

YES, evil Governor! That didn't take long... but I'm disappointed Tyreese's group was already gone when that happen. See how much sniper Andrea would be necessary here? Anyway, I guess this means Rick will finally snap out of his psychiatric condition.

Refresh my memory, something like that happens in the comics too, doesn't it? A first attack by the Governor (when he kills Tyreese, I think), and an unrelated incident where walkers take back part of the prison, right?

What a pity, Axel didn't get a chance to become even creepier after all. Or to get Carol. :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

So, Michonne finally get's to be a real character. Her line while eating Morgan's food, "the mat said welcome". felt like it was straight out of the GN. I could almost see the speech bubble over her head.

Good stuff.

I loved that as well. And her rainbow cat statue. The best was the end with Rick saying "you drive, I see things".

And I'm glad she mentioned she talked to her ex. The entire time Ricks been loony tunes I kept thinking that they made Michonne a mute and she was the one in the comics that talked to herself.

So guessing the body count for the final battle between the prison and Woodbury, where do people stand on the chances of survival for everyone?

Here's my list:

Rick - 100%

Carl - 100%

Michonne - 99.9%

Daryl - 90%

Glenn - 85%

Maggie - 80%

Andrea - 65%

And here's the big drop off

Merle - 20%

Beth - 15%

Judith - 10%

Carol - 10%

Hershel - 3%

Tyrese - 1%

His group - 0%

Governor - 0%

I predict one of the more "shocking" things we'll see is Judith's death and it will be similar to the comic death. The only question is, will she die in Beth or Carols' arms? Will Carol even survive to the final battle, or will she suffer her comic fate in the next few episodes?

I'm still surprised they actually kept Morgan's story from the comics mostly intact, and even more surprised he didn't go with the others. Anyway, show!Morgan is much more believable, even sympathetic, than GN!Morgan. And good to see Michonne finally doing something other than scowling; maybe people who haven't read the comics will start liking her now, who knows. I guess it was all a matter of closure with Andrea.

I agree it's more likely Judith dies in Beth's arms - killing two girls at once is much more shocking than a girl and an adult. Also, they might want to keep Carol around because of her whatever-it-is with Daryl. At this point I'm almost hoping they'll kill Glenn, really, so annoying. I wish Hershel had a chance of surviving; the group always works better with an old man around. And, oh, Tyreese, what have they done to him?!

I read a potential spoiler in a preview for one of the upcoming episodes. I'll go ahead and spoiler it out just in case, but it does provide some GN speculation:

It said something like, "After one of the group commits suicide, Rick blames Tyrese."

My first thought was Carol, but what would Tyrese have to do with that as his character is now written? Unless he accidentally kills Daryl trying to assassinate Merle for the Governor?

I'll leave it up to you guys to decide whether it's spoiler-discussion worthy (it's about a character death but doesn't mention who dies), or just discussion-worthy.

Archived