The Walking Dead Graphic Novel/TV Comparison (TV and GN SPOILERS)

Relic

Yeah, there's been a lot of those WTF? out-of-character moments especially in the last few episodes. However, I found this one forgivable given the awesome scenes that it allowed to follow.

I don't think Season 3 really had any 'awesome' scenes except for maybe when Merle took out those soldiers, but straight away, it was followed up by a bad scene of the skinny Gov managing to beat him up.

I don't think Season 3 really had any 'awesome' scenes except for maybe when Merle took out those soldiers, but straight away, it was followed up by a bad scene of the skinny Gov managing to beat him up.

WTF? Morrissey is 6'3" and Rooker 5'9" and outweighs him as well. Not to mention that Merle had just gotten the shit kicked out of him by two of the Woodbury goons, including a gun butt to the back of the head, then the Governor immediately kicked him several times in the ribs. So lets count, shall we? Before Merle even had a chance to throw a punch he had been severely kicked by two or more men, had the hard butt of a rifle slammed into the back of his head, then had several hard kicks sent directly to his ribs. But it's not realistic that the Governor beat him up... Do you even watch the show?

And no awesome scenes? Again, do you even watch the show? I mean, I know it's all in the eyes of the beholder but I can point to an awesome scene from each episode:

1) Clearing the prison and Hershel getting bitten then having his leg chopped off

2) More clearing of the prison along with Tomas being a douche and then getting macheted in the head

3) The Governor revealing himself to be a baddie by killing the National Guardsmen and then the reveal of the heads

4) Lori and T's deaths

5) Michonne taking out the toothless walkers

6) Michonne and Merle's fight

7) Glenn fighting the walker while tied to a chair

8) Woodbury battle

9) Merle and Daryl fight, Woodbury battle version 2

10) Governor's sneak attack on the prison, killing Axel/Daryl & Merle showing up to save the day/Michonne saving Hershel

11) First episode I can't name an awesome moment

12) Practically the entire episode

13) Daryl and Martinez's zombie killing contest

14) The Governor stalking Andrea in the old building

15) Practically the entire episode

So yeah, I don't know whether you're just a typical Internet Hater or a troll. Either way, your opinion kind of sucks.

There have been some awesome moments in the show this season, but there has been plenty of stupid shit as well. I didn't care for the Andrea episode at all.

Other than the show being poor at times, there are two things that are annoying me.

1. The ambient sounds / sound levels. They really need to hire some sound guys.

2. The "ZOMBIE(S) OUT OF NOWHERE!!" schtick is getting somewhat old to me. They moan and make tons of sound when you see them, but if you have your back to them they're like fucking ninjas.

And no awesome scenes? Again, do you even watch the show? I mean, I know it's all in the eyes of the beholder but I can point to an awesome scene from each episode:

Seems to me like that poster automatically excludes any non-action scene from the definition of "awesome". He views is as just a show about ass-kicking rather than a more well-rounded drama. That's a perfectly valid perspective, but the show wasn't intended to be about nothing but ass-kicking.

Seems to me like that poster automatically excludes any non-action scene from the definition of "awesome". He views is as just a show about ass-kicking rather than a more well-rounded drama. That's a perfectly valid perspective, but the show wasn't intended to be about nothing but ass-kicking.

Yeah except, he listed the Lennie James episode as one of the best. And with the exception of the one scene that's not exactly an "ass kicking" episode. Just great.

Yeah except, he listed the Lennie James episode as one of the best. And with the exception of the one scene that's not exactly an "ass kicking" episode. Just great.

Except he said there were no awesome scenes except the final one with Merle, so that's kind of damning the Morgan episode with faint praise.

I liked the finale. Poor Milton found out the hard way that zombies have no memory of their former selves.

Loved the closing shot of the cross on Easter Sunday and the scripture.

Carl is getting a bit scary. But that's not unexpected.

I was surprised the Gov let Tyrese live. Not surprised he went on a killing spree. But still wondering how Judy is going to play out next season.

I think it was a good finale; not as great as the previous two, but since this was a better season, I'm not complaining. Not surprised to see they killed Andrea, though I was still hoping she would leave, they would actually develop the character and we would get more of the sismance with Michonne.

It's interesting, certainly unexpected, that they decided to do the opposite of what we have in the comics and have the prison be attacked first, and only later become a home. I could never have guessed they would have brought the Woodbury people with them, but hey, Tyreese! :bowdown: Still, a bunch of useless heads who will serve for nothing but dying when the Governor returns... And I am pleased that he will return.

Carl gave off a Governor vibe, don't you think? The same justification for killing, except he seems to be numb instead of taking pleasure when doing that. I think.

The only thing I could think of when the Governor rode off into the sunset with Martinez and The Bowman (seriously, the fucking Bowman? Couldn't even take 5 seconds for Martinez or the Gov to say, "Hey Mike" or something?) is that Tyreese's death the way it is in the comics is still plausible.

I got more of a Shane vibe.

Was I the only one who thought Carl was in the right? That kid was being real cute about putting his gun down, and not two seconds earlier he was trying to kill his father and friends. Why let him leave?

I've been wondering the same, I kind of hope not though.

I second this. I had the same thought when they let him live. Negan and the Gov are very different IMO so it would be a shame to mash them together.

Biggest difference between Gov and Negan is the way they lead/motivate their own people. Gov is all "look at this shiny happy normal place I've made to keep you safe (don't ask too many questions)" whereas Negan has the whole postapocalyptic thunderdome torture/fear thing, his whole "points" system, sexual favors, etc. Very different characters and I doubt the show runners will combine them.

Archived