Arianne Martell - casting

gande51

Interesting choice. She's definitely super cute, but I don't think she could pull off the sex appeal of Arianne. And, can she even act? I've had to sit through a couple of episodes of Vampire Diaries with a friend, and it was horrible acting all around...

I saw some people suggest that Arianne should be played by someone of African descent or Frieda Pinto...I don't think that fits at all. I could see Latian Aerican or Middle Eastern but African/Indian is too drastic of a difference from the rest of Westeros. In the free cities and Essos I think anything goes, however.

I could see Latian Aerican or Middle Eastern but African/Indian is too drastic of a difference from the rest of Westeros. In the free cities and Essos I think anything goes, however.

Some light-skinned North Indians are indistinguishable from Latin or some of the lighter-skinned Middle Easterners. Nothing drastically different about the way they look at all. I'm only half Mexican (half white) but I easily passed for North Indian when I traveled in India.

Some light-skinned North Indians are indistinguishable from Latin or some of the lighter-skinned Middle Easterners. Nothing drastically different about the way they look at all. I'm only half Mexican (half white) but I easily passed for North Indian when I traveled in India.

Exactly. And bollywood actresses tend to be really fair-skinned, I look exactly like them (hair, skin, features) and I'm brazilian (of Portuguese/Italian descent).

I'm in a minority I'm sure, but I hope they skip over the entire Dorne plot in the series.

The entirety of the plot so far can be summed up in a paragraph of dialogue should it actually become important to the overall story.

It's so sad thinking that you may be right about this...

Anyway, when I read the description of Arianne I imagined this girl : http://www.qnm.it/bellezze/attrici_italiane/nicole_grimaudo/nicole_grimaudo.jpg , a little bit chubbier and shorter.

I'm in a minority I'm sure, but I hope they skip over the entire Dorne plot in the series.

The entirety of the plot so far can be summed up in a paragraph of dialogue should it actually become important to the overall story.

Out of curiousity, which plots from book 4 should they focus on if not Dorne? Or are you one of those people who just doesn't like book 4? And if you are, you can dislike it all you want, but it would really put a crimp in the chronology if GoT writers dispensed with it altogether.

In any case, HBO is going to love the Dorne plot so there's no way they're cutting out; absolutely no way. First, it features a sexy, seductive heroine with many interesting flaws in Arianne. They are going to go nuts with the sex scenes between her and Arys, and they are probably going to extrapolate on her attempted seduction of Balon Swann (or whichever character they choose to replace him with).

Second, one of the series' most interesting characters is introduced in the form of Areo Hotah. Just kidding!!!

I was actually referring to Doran Martell; this could go to a well-known actor since his struggles are phycological and emotional rather han physical (I'm really hoping the role goes to Irrfan Khan); he's a guy who is nursing decades of grievances and sorrow and hate. HBO will also think it will be intereting to present a powerful, disabled character in a quasi-medieval setting and will also be keen on introducing another formidable "player" of the titular game.

The Darkstar/Myrcella scene as well as Ariella's arrest and imprisonment by her father will also be good for dramatic televison. And the scenes with Arianne and her wacky group of companions traveling across the desert will also be fun to see.

Simply put, Bollywood actors will not work.

Excellent and insightful analysis. Thanks.

Exactly. And bollywood actresses tend to be really fair-skinned, I look exactly like them (hair, skin, features) and I'm brazilian (of Portuguese/Italian descent).

:agree: wholeheartedly. :bowdown:

Interesting choice. She's definitely super cute, but I don't think she could pull off the sex appeal of Arianne. And, can she even act? I've had to sit through a couple of episodes of Vampire Diaries with a friend, and it was horrible acting all around...

Yes,but her character in TVD is really annoying. :P I think that's why you didn't like her acting. Have you seen her as Katherine Pierce?

This is going to sound crazy, but I was watching a music video the other day and was like...Arianne. Let me stipulate by saying I know this would never happen since she probably can't act, but visually, I think the singer from Marina and the Diamonds gives off Arianne and looks like the mediterranean/greek they would go for.

http://userserve-ak....iamonds PNG.png

http://userserve-ak....he Diamonds.png

http://lazahazen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/tumblr_static_marina.jpg

Archived