Danny's traveling in WOW theories

drayrock

What do you guys think is Danny's potential future geographically speaking. I see her going farther East to Assaih before going to Westeros.

A few things lead me to this conclusion

1. She keeps having visions of that shadowbinder, keeping in her mind answers may lie in the east with these people.

2. She obviously needs to find a way to control her dragons better being as HALF the last book centered on her inability to do this.

3. We haven't seen much of this land and while I think it's fair to say there are plenty of places we will never see via perspective in the ASIF, one of such significance as Assaih considering all the prophecies coming from there that are so implicit in the central conflict of light vs dark, it seems to me we need some more info from the area.

Then again, I could also see her going to Valaryia, maybe to combat something that happens with Victorian if he gains control of her dragons.

I really hope one of these two things happen because I am quite over hearing about Slaver's Bay and all the names I can't pronounce.

I'm over hearing about Slaver's Bay as well. Needless to say, I don't like the Ghiscari culture.

But

I don't think Daenerys will go to Asshai, at least not physically. Besides, right now she's at the Dothraki Sea having to face khal Jhago. And since GRRM chose to end the book (minus the epilogue) with khal Jhago's discovery of Dany, I don't think this storyline will be over soon, and there's simply no time if Dany is to go to westeros at all. The way I interpret Quaithe's prophecies (paraphrasing)

to go west you must go east (the Dothraki sea is east of Meereen)

to go north you have to go south (not fulfilled yet)

to go forward you must go back (Dany has been to the Dothraki sea before, and she's now returning,'going back')

to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow (maybe not fulfilled yet)

Just because Dany thinks that to pass beneath the shadow means she has to go to Asshai doesn't mean that this is true, it's just her interpretation. Quaithe does indeed respond as if Dany was right ('you will find truth there'), but it may be that Dany will not physically go there, but in some other way. And, since we started this, what does touch the light even mean in this context?

I don't see how Asshai would help Dany control her dragons, some horn or other must be the way, if magic is required at all.

Also, I think GRRM has said we're probably not going to Asshai.

As for where I think Dany will go, I think it's high time she finally went to Westeros. (f)Aegon is already there, if she's too late then people might presume Aegon as having the closest Targaryen claim to the throne and rally around him, and oncethe successes start coming (he and JonCon do look competent, plus they have Varys) it will be hard to shift loyalty, to a woman. So she must get to Westeros, and quickly.

to go west you must go east

What if Dany goes far enough east with her massive force and appears from the sunset sea in Westeros, presuming the world is a round planet like ours. It would make a hell of a surprise for them westerosi...

I thionk GRRM has ruled out this one. The world is indeed round but bigger than the earth, and I think he mentioned there's no possible way to approach Westeros from the west. So there. That'd be a nice surprise if it could happen though.

I thionk GRRM has ruled out this one. The world is indeed round but bigger than the earth, and I think he mentioned there's no possible way to approach Westeros from the west. So there. That'd be a nice surprise if it could happen though.

Oh ... Damn.

to go west you must go east (the Dothraki sea is east of Meereen)

to go north you have to go south (not fulfilled yet)

to go forward you must go back (Dany has been to the Dothraki sea before, and she's now returning,'going back')

to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow (maybe not fulfilled yet)

Probably this then!

As others have posted, I believe GRRM has stated Ashaai will not be directly depicted in this series.

The interesting point about the Dothraki reunion for me is that I think at this meeting/cliffhanger, Drogon will fry Khal Jhago, Dany will take over his khalasar and march to Vaes Dothrak. There, she will find something interesting - my guess is amongst the crap the various khalasars have left there as relics.

As to where I'd like to see Dany go, my hope is Valyria and the Smoking Sea. I am really hoping we get to see what's there under the smoke and clouds. Being that Dany is somewhat flame-retardant, she can probably make it through there fine (plus, Euron supposedly did too).

Dany passing beneath the shadow could be her walking under Drogons shadow in the dothraki sea.

That's what I think as well. She is going back to Vaes Dothrak, or has gone back to the Dothraki Sea, thus to move forward she must move back.

Being that Dany is somewhat flame-retardant, she can probably make it through there fine (plus, Euron supposedly did too).

Granny: Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons?

GRRM: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.

I think GRRM has said this won't happen in Danny's story, but hasn't Euron claimed that he's done it?

Valyria will be seen by someone (I hope Tyrion). Asshai will be seen by someone (I hope Victarion). Dany unite one great Khalasar to conquer the world.

If Valyria is even seen by anyone in the books it's probably Dany from dragonback. And there's nothing to see in Asshai for Victarion because he's just after Dany and the dragons...

Tyrion steals a ship from Victarions iron fleet, sails to Valyria and recovers Brightroar and conquers the rock.

I think Danny won't have a time to go to Asshai anymore(even if GRRM writes more books instead of 2);

I think next book will be about

- her dealing with Dotraki,

- than with Mereen (possibly by the time she returnsVic and 2 dragons will be gone from there )

- than there is Volantis and possibly Pentos

at best she will depart for westeros at the end of TWOW

and ADOS will be about her invasion , etc....

I can not quite see where one can fit Asshai here. (unless it turns out that Asshai ment a ship, tavern or a tample and not the real city after which they are named)

I think, the only way real Asshai can appear in the story is - at the very end of the story - if whe have a an overview - what happened to whom... it might be mentioned that some characters(s) left westeros and rode into sunset... ehm, reached Asshai...

I think GRRM has said this won't happen in Danny's story, but hasn't Euron claimed that he's done it?

Euron claims a lot of things, including that he has been to Valyria, and that he had a super precious dragon egg but he was so cool he chose to 'toss it in the sea'. I am taking everything he says with a grain of salt. But yes I'm sorry I need to rephrase so as not to put things in GRRM's mouth he hasn't said. Dany will not travel east to reach Westeros from the west. And I really think there would be no time for that.

I like the idea of a. seeing Valyria and b. seeing it from above as Dany rides Drogon. It could be that the shadow Dany has to pass beneath is the smoke and ruin of Valyria, or perhaps the psychological state she will be in when she sees the past glory of the Targaryens being consumed by smoke and fire. I remember reading somewhere that GRRM promised we will learn more about the Doom of Valyria and how it came to pass and how it motivates the characters in the series. I think if there's one person most likely to be affected by the history of the Doom that's Dany. Also, I agree that Dany appears to have a higher tolerance to fire and heat than most people, which would allow her such a trip over Valyria.

Again, I believe the interpretation of the shadow depends greatly on the interpretation of the light Dany wants to touch. It could mean the IT, but it could mean something else entirely.

I like the idea of a. seeing Valyria and b. seeing it from above as Dany rides Drogon. It could be that the shadow Dany has to pass beneath is the smoke and ruin of Valyria, or perhaps the psychological state she will be in when she sees the past glory of the Targaryens being consumed by smoke and fire.

Exactly. I am thinking Valyria/Smoking Sea is the shadow, and Dany + khalasar traveling to Vaes Dothrak is going East, perhaps also going backwards, in Quaithe's prophesy.

Fire eater, appreciate the snark, but my comment did not imply Dany is IMMUNE to fire. Just resistant, which there is ample evidence she is.

I was saying that her resistance to fire is the same as anyone elses. She burns her hands from pulling the spear out of Drogon's back. The funeral pyre was a once in a lifetime thing, and she has shown no resistance to fire.

I was saying that her resistance to fire is the same as anyone elses. She burns her hands from pulling the spear out of Drogon's back. The funeral pyre was a once in a lifetime thing, and she has shown no resistance to fire.

How about her riding Drogon? I recall there is description of how hot Drogon's scales are, yet Dany is able to sit and ride. There's the description of her hair being singed, whether that's from getting a near-miss flame or not. The funeral pyre was indeed a once-in-lifetime event, but she otherwise has shown heat tolerance, at the very least.

This may be neither here nor there, but for the TV show, GRRM has clearly made Dany more fire-resistant that in the books: the scene in the show (season 1?) with her handling the hot dragon eggs, the Pyat Pree flame-out scene in the last episode of season 2, as examples.

How about her riding Drogon? I recall there is description of how hot Drogon's scales are, yet Dany is able to sit and ride. There's the description of her hair being singed, whether that's from getting a near-miss flame or not. The funeral pyre was indeed a once-in-lifetime event, but she otherwise has shown heat tolerance, at the very least.

This may be neither here nor there, but for the TV show, GRRM has clearly made Dany more fire-resistant that in the books: the scene in the show (season 1?) with her handling the hot dragon eggs, the Pyat Pree flame-out scene in the last episode of season 2, as examples.

Never use examples from the show to support your own theory, since if it doesn't occur in the book then it is regarded as non-canon. That is an unwritten rule in this forum.

Drogon was described as having warm scales, not hot enough to burn the skin.

Archived