Danny's traveling in WOW theories

drayrock

If Dany learns how to command Drogon, she'd make relatively light work of travelling to Asshai on dragon-back. I think it's unlikely but it's the only obvious shadowy place that we know of. I also like the idea of the shadowy smoke of Valyria as you say @ohpooratlas and it's certainly a possibility.

Regarding the prophecy from Quaithe, hasn't Dany already travelled east to go west given that she started off in Pentos all the way back in aGoT (or in Westeros where she was born)? So she's already done the east to go west part looking at it like that.

The main issue for me is still how she learns to control the dragons. It must be a top priority of hers now and it's frankly puzzling that she's ignored the problem for so long as it is. Perhaps the maester on his way from Oldtown will help her in that regard? Or perhaps he translates any scrolls/runes they might recover from Valyria?

Dany isn't going to control all three dragons, the other two will have their own rider who controls their own dragon. She only needs to worry about mastering Drogon. I think the horn is largely going to be the catalyst to the dragons somehow ending up with whomever is going to be their riders, that could be a long story arc.

Isn't there a Dothraki prophesy that says all of the Khalasars will return to Vaes Dothrak and unite under one Khal or could it be under Dany the Khaleesi.

It seems to me that taking a huge amount of Dothraki screamers to Westeros is an incredibly bad idea. Even if she becomes Kaleeshi of them all. They might follow her into battle and do very well, but they are used to plundering, burning and raping everything in their sight afterwards. They are used to making slaves of everyone weaker than themselves. I doubt she'll be able change their ways overnight any more than she could abolish slavery overnight. Unsullied and Dothraki both won't win her any loyalty from the lords of Westeros, but at least the Unsullied won't pillage, burn and rape. They are freed men, on paper anyway, and those 2 factors might win her a lot of the smallfolk's love. The Dothraki though, if she loses control of even a tiny percentage, before long there won't be any smallfolk left. What is she going to do, put them all on a boat back east while she stays to rule?

There would be smallfolk left - they might be Dothraki slaves, or live in cities that make pacts with the screamers just like the cities in Essos do. It would not win Dany friends. But I think that the smallfolk will have bigger concerns than Dothraki hordes if the Wall is breached and the Other's invade. They might welcome the Dothraki in the hope, that Dothraki and Others will annihilate each other - then try and wipe out the survivors.

The Westerosi lords will have more problems with Dany and her followers (and vice versa) than the smallfolk. Dany would expect them to treat people as their equals that they consider beneath their notice. And the ex-slaves, Dothraki and Unsullied don't play ally and betray / the Game of Thrones as the Westerosi lords are playing it. They follow Dany first, nobody else. In contrast Westerosi are expected to follow their local lords first. If their lords alliance shifts, so does theirs. They will oppose Dany for fear of losing their smallfolk to her.

I wonder if we are seeing history repeating itself. Aegon I came to Westeros escaping the Doom of Valyria. Dany escapted to Essos, and it seems there is doom brewing up North. Maybe she'll just become Daenerys I of Essos, uniting all of Essos as Aegon I united Westeros. Uniting Essos would include ruling the Dothraki as well.

Maybe that Dothraki prophesy has brought Khal Pono (whatever his name) to meet Dany at the end of ADWD. Dany has been acting as khal of her own khalasaar since khal Drogo died. Any khal who plans to unite all Khalasaars will have to deal with hers as well - and he might believe a khalasaar led by a woman to be easy pray.

There would be smallfolk left - they might be Dothraki slaves, or live in cities that make pacts with the screamers just like the cities in Essos do. It would not win Dany friends. But I think that the smallfolk will have bigger concerns than Dothraki hordes if the Wall is breached and the Other's invade. They might welcome the Dothraki in the hope, that Dothraki and Others will annihilate each other - then try and wipe out the survivors.

The Westerosi lords will have more problems with Dany and her followers (and vice versa) than the smallfolk. Dany would expect them to treat people as their equals that they consider beneath their notice. And the ex-slaves, Dothraki and Unsullied don't play ally and betray / the Game of Thrones as the Westerosi lords are playing it. They follow Dany first, nobody else. In contrast Westerosi are expected to follow their local lords first. If their lords alliance shifts, so does theirs. They will oppose Dany for fear of losing their smallfolk to her.

Well, if the Others break though, that would be something else, although I can think of few so ill-suited to fight them as the Dothraki. They know nothing of cold, preferring to ride half naked and they are superstitious to boot. Somehow I have trouble seeing them fighting against walking corpses with pale blue eyes in the snow, but you never know.

Your other arguments I can't agree with though. She won't allow the Dothraki to make slaves. She has conquered 3 cities to abolish slavery, she'd never let the Dothraki she takes with her to make new slaves in Westeros and she certainly won't allow them to threaten cities into buying them off.

You are right the lords of Westeros will have problems, but not because she wants everyone to be equals. She's trying to abolish slavery, not feudalism as far as I can tell. And she certainly doesn't consider herself equal to others either ("I am the blood of the dragon" rings any bells?). If you mean that she believes people should be treated with respect, no matter how low their birth, then ok, but that still contradicts your first statement about the smallfolk becoming Dothraki slaves.

The fact that she wants low born people to be treated with respect will win her a lot of the smallfolk's love and now that the faith has it's 2 military arms restored, the smallfolk is actually a faction worth having. It's even something many lords should be able to embrace on paper, if not in practice. It is after all their job to protect their smallfolk (on paper). The Dothraki will see it as the opposite though. They will see it as weakness to deny the strong the right to tower of the weak and it goes against almost everything their culture is about. You are right that they won't betray her for anything the game of thrones has to offer, but they will if they see her as weak.

No, no matter how I look at this, it seems an incredibly bad idea to take a huge amount of Dothraki with her. Maybe a few hundred to serve as scouts and what have you, but if she takes thousands in an attempt to conquer Westeros, I think she is doomed before she even began.

Places I think Dany will visit next book:

Vaes Dothrak- the prophecy where the Dosh Khaleen submit to her will be fullfilled.

Volantis: The whole elephant and tiger thingy ought to have some kind of significance.

Old Valyria: If someone will go there, it's her.

I believe Daenerys' route will involve:

1. A visit to Vaes Dothrak where the prophecy from the house of the undying will be fulfilled and the Dothraki will unite behind her.

2. Some sort of rendezvous with her subjects and suitors currently in Meereen. What is the timeline for her flying off on Drogon and the start of the battle of Meereen anyway? While reading, I had the impression that she was missing for a couple of weeks, but I can't recall if a firm date is ever established in the text.

3. Volantis for some emancipating, formally being declared Azhor Ahai by Benerro, and maybe learning about Valyria.

4. Pentos for a confrontation with Illyrio and to fulfill the deal with the Tattered Prince (if it pans out).

5. I think she will sail for Westeros at the end of the book and I could see the epilogue being from the pov of a soldier witnessing her landing on Dragonstone (which seems the most appropriate place for her to land, in my opinion).

Assuming that she adds a massive khalassar to her forces and considering that Daenerys, Tyrion, Barristan, and Victarion are all currently in position to narrate this part of the story, I think that it will be possible to fit this much material into one novel (especially if the writing is more like CoK than DwD). I would like to see both Valyria and Asshai, but I think the former is far more likely than the latter and I'm not sure that either will make it into the WoW.

I believe Daenerys' route will involve:

1. A visit to Vaes Dothrak where the prophecy from the house of the undying will be fulfilled and the Dothraki will unite behind her.

2. Some sort of rendezvous with her subjects and suitors currently in Meereen. What is the timeline for her flying off on Drogon and the start of the battle of Meereen anyway? While reading, I had the impression that she was missing for a couple of weeks, but I can't recall if a firm date is ever established in the text.

3. Volantis for some emancipating, formally being declared Azhor Ahai by Benerro, and maybe learning about Valyria.

4. Pentos for a confrontation with Illyrio and to fulfill the deal with the Tattered Prince (if it pans out).

5. I think she will sail for Westeros at the end of the book and I could see the epilogue being from the pov of a soldier witnessing her landing on Dragonstone (which seems the most appropriate place for her to land, in my opinion).

Assuming that she adds a massive khalassar to her forces and considering that Daenerys, Tyrion, Barristan, and Victarion are all currently in position to narrate this part of the story, I think that it will be possible to fit this much material into one novel (especially if the writing is more like CoK than DwD). I would like to see both Valyria and Asshai, but I think the former is far more likely than the latter and I'm not sure that either will make it into the WoW.

Agree on most of these points..

The Route:

Vaes Dothrak - Mereen - Volantis - Pentos seems the most likely scenario to me

I think there is a [small] chance that Pentos can be treated as a separate story thread (eg. Danny sails to westeros directly from Volantis, while Pentos is conquered by Tattered Prince/Tyrion) but this might be too complicated so moving everyone together might be easier.

Hello Mylords and Myladies Westerosi what do you think of this?

I think the main reason why Dany should have travelled to Asshai has been the Dragon horn, because before being able to conquer Westeros by way of the dragons she needs to have a means to command them...the horn!!

Now Victarion has brought the dragon horn to Mereen where Dany will return (she will hever leave her children alone being besieged in Mereen) and she will somehow get the horn from him...and be able to control her dragons and move west (or north against the Others).

I don't know if Dany will ever reach Asshai, but Bran had a vision of dragons stirring beneath the shadow in Assai in GoT, so there are potentially more dragons than just Dany's in the world. Unless that vision was depicting Dany's eggs which I think Illyrio said he got from Asshai. I don't know I always have trouble interpreting these visions and prophesies, but I'm probably still better than Melisandre.

LOL, dead on. I know, who in their right mind would ever think Stannis is Azor Ahai reborn? hahahahaha

Exactly. I am thinking Valyria/Smoking Sea is the shadow, and Dany + khalasar traveling to Vaes Dothrak is going East, perhaps also going backwards, in Quaithe's prophesy.

I always thought the back to travel forward part was reffering to she needs to learn something important about the past to help her move forward. Maybe that takes place in the ruins of Valyria ?

Hello Mylords and Myladies Westerosi what do you think of this?

I think the main reason why Dany should have travelled to Asshai has been the Dragon horn, because before being able to conquer Westeros by way of the dragons she needs to have a means to command them...the horn!!

Now Victarion has brought the dragon horn to Mereen where Dany will return (she will hever leave her children alone being besieged in Mereen) and she will somehow get the horn from him...and be able to control her dragons and move west (or north against the Others).

Yes but how will she control Victorion? Wait....5 year olds could probably control Victorian...he has the IQ of cloth

Yes but how will she control Victorion? Wait....5 year olds could probably control Victorian...he has the IQ of cloth

loooool yes he is not very clever! and surely she will meet Tyrion in Mereen and make use of his wits

• 3 months later...

My theory for the start of the book as far as Daenerys is concerned:

{prologue and possibly a random chapter or two}

Daenerys 1 (her among the Dothraki, either ending with her reaching Vaes Dothrak or her taking control of the khalasar and heading for Meereen)

{Stannis vs the Boltons}

possibly Daenerys 1.5 (her taking control of the khalasar and leaving for Meereen if it doesn't happen in Daenerys 1)

{a few chapters updating us on other storylines}

Daenerys 2 (depending on what's in the first chapter. Ends with her seeing Meereen burning in the distance)

{battle for Meereen, Daenerys shows up near the end or just after the battle}

Daenerys 3 (Holding court one last time she deals with her captive enemies, takes stock of her losses, and finally organises her departure for Westeros)

From here the chapters could be from other perspectives (Tyrion). I think either Barristan or Victarion will early in the book, and the other will just be dropped as a PoV for as long as they are around Daenerys and Tyrion.

Daenerys 4 (her travelling west, maybe discussing strategies for when she arrives)

Daenerys 5 (her landing and finding out about Aegon)

After that, I have no clue what to predict. But overall I expect that it will be a very Daenerys-centric book

I think after vos dothrak dany will lead a gargantuan horde of dothraki screamers across essos burning and demolishing everything in their path. dragons are fire made flesh and fire consumes. her army Is to be the equal and opposite of the white walkers. it will be the rains of castamere on steroids written across a continent. I don't think it truly matters where she goes as those places wont be there when she move on. the reason we haven't gotten a lot of detail on the more eastern places is because theyre going to be razed in the next book without overcomplicating the plot.

I agree with many people in that taking a horde of Dothraki to Westeros would be absolutely horrific. The best place to keep them would be Dorne, but attuned to their culture, but the best way to get rid of them is have them wreck the cities on the way to Westeros and then send them against the Others in the front lines. Dothraki are best attuned to one on one fights, so fighting wights and maybe even Others should not be too big of a problem. It would also effectively destroy the Dothraki with only a few people to cause the problems.

I agree with many people in that taking a horde of Dothraki to Westeros would be absolutely horrific. The best place to keep them would be Dorne, but attuned to their culture, but the best way to get rid of them is have them wreck the cities on the way to Westeros and then send them against the Others in the front lines. Dothraki are best attuned to one on one fights, so fighting wights and maybe even Others should not be too big of a problem. It would also effectively destroy the Dothraki with only a few people to cause the problems.

You know I wonder if a Dragon bone bow could be used to parry blows from a white walkers sword... but I digress, I agree it would be good to use up the Dothraki and get them out of the way, but I don't think they could do too much damage to the wights and white walkers, they'd probably provide as many new corpses as they killed or more. After all the Dothraki would be just slashing way with their swords to no avail.

Archived