Videogames Ideas for the ASoIaF

Jazm1990

A first person hack n slash combat game where you fight in field battles, defend and storm castles, forage villages in various diffrent time periods

The crusader king 2 mod and the westeros total war mod combined together to make one strategy masterpiece

I'd love to play i ASoIaF based game in style similiar to the TES-games, as someone allready mentioned. Also, the idea about a "Faceless Men- game" is sounds awesome! Make it like dishonored and throw in a lot of ASoIaF-history and it'll be awesuuum!

A game like Skyrim wouldn't work. Why isn't there a game set across all of Tamriel? Because the scope is too large. The same goes with Westeros.

They'd need to split it up into regions, just like the provinces in The Elder Scrolls. One game set in the North, one Beyond the Wall, one in Dorne and so on.

I'd like a narrative driven game, similar to Telltale's The Walking Dead. I know it'll never happen, but deep down I hope Telltale makes a game set in Westeros.

Very nice. For my money, Crusader Kings is the best vehicle for the ASoIaF setting. Total War would be a close second.

I've got the mod for CK2, it's very good, you can end up with some really (hilariously) bizarre things like Benjen and Cersei happily married; Robb married to Mya Stone and having a love child with Rickon's wife, Meera Reed (Robb/Meera is my new ship now); Ned deciding that he's AAR...

If only they had on screen battles you could play. At this point I am waiting for medieval iii and hopefully the asoiaf mod

I've been replaying both MW:TW2 and S:TW2 and I must say, despite that Shogun has much better graphics, interface, voicework etc (and it is a lot of fun) MW2 is more fun, because the factions are so different. I don't know if the Westeros factions are all that different. I mean with a lot of semi-canon imagination you could diversify the unit roster but still.

I hope CA is going to do MW3 after Rome 2. In my mind the best of breed in terms of setting for the TW franchise.

An Bioware / Obsidian type RPG based around the events of the Night's King - yes please.

Bioware isn't what its used to be. The last truely good "pure" RPG they produced was Dragon Age and its no coincidence that much of the work was done before EA stepped in.

Obsidian is this generation's Troika. Brilliant games concepts, flawed executions. But I suppose they're the only potential AAA company left doing pure RPGs (I mean western sp cRPGs) from time to time.

A game like Skyrim wouldn't work. Why isn't there a game set across all of Tamriel?

There was. TES: Arena, the first one.

Westeros looks smaller than the whole of Tamriel though. More like 3 provinces combined or something.

Westeros looks smaller than the whole of Tamriel though. More like 3 provinces combined or something.

Yes, but Arena's scope was small. Skyrim is set in just one province, and it has loads of more locations than Arena did. I should have been more precise. Why hasn't there been in a game set across all of Tamriel, that featured all the locations in Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind and the rest? It's too big. It would never work.

And, yes, Westeros does look smaller than Tamriel. But it's more fleshed out.

Yeah Bioware is gone now. Whilst I would love a dragon Age like game set in this universe, it is just a past dream.

The dream now is that CD Projekt Red would suddenly get a license to make the games :drool: ...that would be incredible!

Yeah the last company who made that GoT game isn't a very reputable company. CD Project (forgot about those, and Bethesda obviously) would be a much better and much more worthy company to pick up a GoT RPG license. They're going to finish up The Witcher 3 in 2014 or something. By then people will have hopefully forgotten about the two mediocre GoT games and a publisher might be willing to pick up another GoT license.

1st things 1st. in no way give any right to make got game to bethesda/bioware. they would just make generic piece of shit oriented on sex, much like season 2 was.

CDPR. yes.

considering a game of thrones rpg, i'd say it was really good. combat was cool enough for a story driven rpg, in which story actually didn't suck. main thing i would change is making more POV characters for game, 1st time i played the game i thought mors was dead after his encounter with wildlings, and i was like "holy shit, this is really agot game" then it turned out he was magically saved by qhorin :(

so instead of mors getting saved, he should've died like ned stark for instance, and there should be more POV characters. that would fuckin rule.

P.S. game across all tamriel is being made, it's gonna be mmorpg it's called tes online.

1st things 1st. in no way give any right to make got game to bethesda/bioware. they would just make generic piece of shit oriented on sex, much like season 2 was.

CDPR. yes.

P.S. game across all tamriel is being made, it's gonna be mmorpg it's called tes online.

What? :blink:

Also, I think most of us were talking about Single Player games here. An MMORPG set in Westeros would be terrible, it would take away the whole story value and be another generic WoW clone.

An MMORPG set in Westeros would be terrible, it would take away the whole story value and be another generic WoW clone.

Preach on brother. MMORPGs are the worst. Just play WoW for your MMO fix people and leave good RPG franchises like SW:TOR alone please.

ps Bioware is famous for his "romances" but the Witcher had like actual sex scenes. I don't recall sex scenes in Skyrim...so yes that poster's comment is pretty ironic.

I've been replaying both MW:TW2 and S:TW2 and I must say, despite that Shogun has much better graphics, interface, voicework etc (and it is a lot of fun) MW2 is more fun, because the factions are so different. I don't know if the Westeros factions are all that different. I mean with a lot of semi-canon imagination you could diversify the unit roster but still.

I hope CA is going to do MW3 after Rome 2. In my mind the best of breed in terms of setting for the TW franchise.

Bioware isn't what its used to be. The last truely good "pure" RPG they produced was Dragon Age and its no coincidence that much of the work was done before EA stepped in.

Obsidian is this generation's Troika. Brilliant games concepts, flawed executions. But I suppose they're the only potential AAA company left doing pure RPGs (I mean western sp cRPGs) from time to time.

It's times like this that I wish I had learned about to do that stuff with games. Version 0.54 leaves something to be desired.

Preach on brother. MMORPGs are the worst. Just play WoW for your MMO fix people and leave good RPG franchises like SW:TOR alone please.

ps Bioware is famous for his "romances" but the Witcher had like actual sex scenes. I don't recall sex scenes in Skyrim...so yes that poster's comment is pretty ironic.

Yeah, it's a real shame that KoToR III got canned for TOR. But, I hear Obsidian is pitching a new RPG idea to Lucasarts. A New Hope arises. :P

And that was my point. The Witcher had sex scenes, BioWare games have awkward romances, but Bethesda don't have either in their games.

They should make a strategy based game, like the Westeros mod for Total War.

There's a lot more to ASoIaF than just the battles, though. Over the course of 5 books, we don't see a lot of battles, but the story is still very interesting. That's why I'm against a Total War-esque game, and opting for an RPG with a real Choice-Consequence system. Like The Walking Dead.

Archived