Videogames Ideas for the ASoIaF

Jazm1990

They should make a serious RPG set in Westeros. Connected to the books but not taking place with any of the books events. Maybe a storyline incorporated in Robert's Rebellion and taking place along side it. Or a new storyline but that may be hard and easy to fuck up.

But a really in-depth RPG where you get to customize your character and choose one of the great houses to belong too, and that's also where you start the game in the province you belong too. Maybe that is way too much to ask for though. But you make your character, choose a class and then you get involved in both politics (to a lesser extent) and battles and missions. This could be a really great game, but I doubt we'll ever see one like that though. It also would need to be a large open world game where you can explore the lands with a lot of taverns, bandits and animals.

I'm saying the same thing as all of the Mount and Blade players. I actually wish I could play it, but I've got a mac. It is a great game but kind of easy and repetitive.

...however, there is one mod that makes the game much more difficult and much more immersive: the 1257 mod. It adds all of the best gameplay editions and improves the game by removing some of the cheap tricks. You can even sign up as a common soldier and fight in the wars that way, rather than starting off as a noble. I think that would be the best way to experience Westeros in a videogame. So all of you asking for some immersive RPG, check that one out instead.

edit: I was thinkinig of Harrenhall's size and it led me to a totally new idea. Has anyone played Mariokart way back in the day? Somehow I think mariocart (kart, whatever) would fit very nicely with the different locations

...Westeros Kart?!

...I... I think I like it. I'm not sure.

I'm saying the same thing as all of the Mount and Blade players. I actually wish I could play it, but I've got a mac. It is a great game but kind of easy and repetitive.

...however, there is one mod that makes the game much more difficult and much more immersive: the 1257 mod. It adds all of the best gameplay editions and improves the game by removing some of the cheap tricks. You can even sign up as a common soldier and fight in the wars that way, rather than starting off as a noble. I think that would be the best way to experience Westeros in a videogame. So all of you asking for some immersive RPG, check that one out instead.

edit: I was thinkinig of Harrenhall's size and it led me to a totally new idea. Has anyone played Mariokart way back in the day? Somehow I think mariocart (kart, whatever) would fit very nicely with the different locations

Why would you play the 1257 mod to "experience Westeros in a videogame" when Mount and blade has the Clash of Kings mod? It has pretty much all the same features as 1257 like freelancer, but it is an actual ASOIAF mod.

Here is the Mod's forums: http://forums.talewo...?topic=194610.0

here is the link to download: http://www.moddb.com...-clash-of-kings

But a really in-depth RPG where you get to customize your character and choose one of the great houses to belong too, and that's also where you start the game in the province you belong too. Maybe that is way too much to ask for though. But you make your character, choose a class and then you get involved in both politics (to a lesser extent) and battles and missions. This could be a really great game, but I doubt we'll ever see one like that though. It also would need to be a large open world game where you can explore the lands with a lot of taverns, bandits and animals.

500 million $ project + official rip-off of the lore, not gonna happen in the next 20 years :)

I have to agree that a Bethesda game would probably be the best realistic ASOIAF game option.

Has anyone played the new "Game of Thrones" video game? I saw it on the shelf at Best Buy the other day, but I've heard nothing about it.

Has anyone played the new "Game of Thrones" video game? I saw it on the shelf at Best Buy the other day, but I've heard nothing about it.

Here are some critics on it: "This role playing game lacks any polish, looks amateurish and lacks a good enough story arc to remain interesting. Even for diehard fans of Game of Thrones we can't recommend this." , "A weak storyline along with poor gameplay design and constant cut-scenes make the transition of George R.R. Martinʼs book to the videogame world a bland one.", "A sloppy piece of work that doesn't do justice to the series or to its fans. I'm not even sure fans of the series will enjoy this one. I certainly didn't.", "Martin's world deserves better than this.".

If I'd got to choose this. Then i would make an RPG set in the distant future (400 years or so.)

why? I'd like to make choices when i play an RPG.This wouldn't be possible since some people doesn't want to be changed.

I'd call it.

Westeros RPG or something

Character:

Start out with picking apparance, hair, gender, class and house.

Houses: All the original large ones, you will not play as a House heir though.

But this will be the house and province your alligience is to. For example if you choose the North you will behead deserters and fight of wildlings more then you would if you played someone from the Stormlands.

Classes: I wouldn't want the class to be a game changer this will be more like the Fallout system where you pick around 7 abillities your character will orient around. For example if you would choose. Archery, 1handed Melee, block, 2handed melee, Foresting and perhaps riding you'd be a great fighter but a pathetic assassin. A character expertized in Assassinations would prefer alchemy and be able to make wildfire and wolfsbane poison for example.

Perks: Perks like in the fallout system you might add inhuman strenght but this will make you less agile and slower.

You might add Bloodrushing that would make your character fierce and fighting with the strenght of the mountain when you drop below 20% hp

But it would make your damage over 20% about 10% less.

Adding a ''honor'' perk would make you a pleasant fellow with great speech and diplomacy skills but you'd never be able to fight dirty or killing people from a conversation.

Province Perks:

Someone from the freecities would perhaps be a priest o R'hlorr or a waterdancer/Faclessman you'd get to choose one of these and not anymore.

From the north you night be able to choose a Warg, Greenseer or cold resistance.

One that would start in KL would perhaps be able to improve bartering, speech and diplomacy skills by simply haggling at a market since a young age etc.

Plotlines:

Starting from your ''house'' you will be given tasks by your lord. You'll do basic stuff like sending ravens etc.

after about 3-4 you will get a raven saying that a family member or something was killed on the kingsroad or soemthing.

You will begin to investigate and this stretch deeper then you'd believe. it might end up you killing some lord or something and you'll end up taking the black.

From this you'll be able to desert the nightswatch and live as a outlaw. or join the wildlings beyond the wall.

and well the basic story will be divided in 5 arcs

(this is basicly something that could happen)

I think there should be a

Westeros arc, Nightswatch Arc, Deserter/Wildling arc, Essos arc, Back to westeros arc for example.

this was just a basic thought.

feel free to say whaht you please about it.

Open world rpg like Skyrim set in Westeros = pure win. It could only be done well by a studio like Bethesda however and that is why it will never happen. :(

this is the problem they are selling off the rights to the videogames to the first developers that ask without looking for an actually good developer. We all want a good game and one based on ASoIaF, but at the moment we haven't got one. I blame HBO more than GRRM for this.

I wouldn't mind a Bioware infused The Elder Scrolls type game for ASoIaF. I'm talking speech trees, good/bad meters, the ability to fight for a particular "king" (remember the Empire vs. Stormcloaks in Skyrim?)

Archived