Dark Sister, Blackfyre, Brightroar, et al.: Revealed in WoW?

Going from what's on awoiaf...

So what did BR do with DS? Did he take it to the wall? Is it in the cave?

And Blackfyre was wielded by Maelys the monstrous but not recovered by Barristan after slaying him?

We haven't had a whiff of these sweet-ass blades yet? Any thoughts? Do Varys and Mopatis have them squirreled away somewhere, waiting for fAegon to take the throne? Will Brightroar make an appearance? Will Ice get reforged somehow?

In the coming book, aside from prestige, its seems that having Valyrian steel will be even more important. I know that Kaggo corpsekiller has an arakh. A Celtigar has an axe. Others: Corbray, Tarly, Jon Snow, Brienne and I guess Tommen/Varys (though that 2nd half of Ice seems pretty easily poached). Any others that we've heard of?

Thoughts on these blades and their significances?

Going from what's on awoiaf...

So what did BR do with DS? Did he take it to the wall? Is it in the cave?

And Blackfyre was wielded by Maelys the monstrous but not recovered by Barristan after slaying him?

We haven't had a whiff of these sweet-ass blades yet? Any thoughts? Do Varys and Mopatis have them squirreled away somewhere, waiting for fAegon to take the throne? Will Brightroar make an appearance? Will Ice get reforged somehow?

In the coming book, aside from prestige, its seems that having Valyrian steel will be even more important. I know that Kaggo corpsekiller has an arakh. A Celtigar has an axe. Others: Corbray, Tarly, Jon Snow, Brienne and I guess Tommen/Varys (though that 2nd half of Ice seems pretty easily poached). Any others that we've heard of?

Thoughts on these blades and their significances?

If BR took DS with him when he left for the Wall it is definetely in the cave. Blackfyre is lost. If the GC had it they would have likely passed it to Aegon as his privilege as a Targ/Blackfyre. Maybe Varys or Mopatis holds it in a secret place waiting for him to conquer KL... Brightroar is lost in Valyria so i doubt we'll be seeing that blade ever again, unless Tyrion somehow recovers it on his way back to Westeros.

I hope Caggo's arakh will pass to Rakharo and the Celtigar axe to Victarion. Dragonsteel ftw.

Do Varys and Mopatis have them squirreled away somewhere, waiting for fAegon to take the throne?

Not sure about this, but wasn't there talk about Tyrion spotting a sword in the packages Illyrio sent to (f?)Aegon and co in an early version of a Tyrion chapter that GRRM was reading somewhere way back before Dance was published? This obviously didn't make the final version of the text.

Not sure about this, but wasn't there talk about Tyrion spotting a sword in the packages Illyrio sent to (f?)Aegon and co in an early version of a Tyrion chapter that GRRM was reading somewhere way back before Dance was published? This obviously didn't make the final version of the text.

there was mention of Yolo peeping eyes on a sword(s) and other stuff if I recall...the fact it was being brought with him made my spidey sense tingle but I don't recall being given much more info in the actual book to do much else but speculate.

When I read it I paused and was hoping for there to be something to identify a lost sword with...I think Mopatis said something about not forgetting it (the chest) and then there being confirmation of this chest of arms being brought on board the boat.

I think we'll might see Brightroar in the next book.

Tyrion is in Essos, he has a long lost uncle that went to Essos in search for the sword. Why would GRRM even mention Gerion if he wouldn't do anything relevant to the story? Tyrion will find his uncle, and probably the sword as well.

The blackfyre sword might be the one Illyrio send to Aegon, but i'm not so sure about that..

and Darksister? I think that one is going to one of the women. I think it might be with BR now.. but i really want Arya or Dany.. or any other strong female to have it!

Hope we will find at least one of the swords in the next book.

I think we'll might see Brightroar in the next book.

Tyrion is in Essos, he has a long lost uncle that went to Essos in search for the sword. Why would GRRM even mention Gerion if he wouldn't do anything relevant to the story? Tyrion will find his uncle, and probably the sword as well.

The blackfyre sword might be the one Illyrio send to Aegon, but i'm not so sure about that..

and Darksister? I think that one is going to one of the women. I think it might be with BR now.. but i really want Arya or Dany.. or any other strong female to have it!

Hope we will find at least one of the swords in the next book.

DS should go to someone with the skill to use it, to someone who deserves a valyrian steel blade. It would be useless on Dany and even on Arya.

DS should go to someone with the skill to use it, to someone who deserves a valyrian steel blade. It would be useless on Dany and even on Arya.

I disagree. Rhaegar was a great swordsman and he only started practicing when he was in his teens already. Arya is even younger than he was when he started.

In your opinion who 'deserves' a Valyrian steele blade?

No theories on Ice. man I hope Gendry reforges it somehow. But the half that was being held by Tywin for Tommen, I wonder whats become of it now. I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that Kevan had it. So now maybe Varys adds another to the collection?? It just seems to me that Mopatis and Varys seem to get their sticky fingers on many things of value. I don't know how Baristan let the GC keep Blackfyre?

Victarion with the axe is cool, but I'd rather see Hotah with it if he can survive Darkstar's trap ;)

But Im sure there are other blades we haven't named yet...

Dark Sister is probably hidden somewhere at the Wall or in the CoTF's cave. (I have a crazy theory that Jon will end up in possession of it and will give it to Arya. It would be a similar scene to when Jon gave her Needle, which she would have lost by this point. At the end of the story, if both survive, Arya leaves and Jon tells her she needs a new sword and gives her Dark Sister. Hopefully, she doesn't lose this one. Cheesy, I know.)

I expect Blackfyre to be given to Aegon and later claimed by Dany.

I don't know if we'll see Brightroar, but I expect some conclusion to the Gerion mystery, dead or alive.

Dawn will almost assuredly show up at some point, probably in the hands of either Darkstar--stolen perhaps?--or Edric. (Dawn isn't a Valyrian blade, but it is talked about so much, it seems to fit this thread about lost famous weapons.)

I don't believe Dawn is lost just no one has been deemed worthy of wielding it, although who really decides if someone is worthy.

I believe Tyrion will learn what happened to Brightroar, but will not obtain it.

Blackfyre IMO is as people before mentioned in the possession of Varys and Illyrio and will eventually be given to Aegon.

As for Dark Sister, BR most likely has it, but I do not believe it will go to Arya or Dany. Arya will be trained to use a braavosi blade rather than a long sword and due to her size will probably stick to a smaller sword. Dany as said previously why waist such a great weapon on someone who will never use it. Realistically who will Dany fight against Samwell? I think people are reading to much into the sister part of Darksister, it was carried by multiple great male warriors (BR, Aemon the Dragonknight). I think BR will begin a Dawn like tradition where he will give it to someone he deems worthy of it.

Lastly I believe Ice will be reforged possibly by Gendry and given to whichever Stark rules the North in the end. I think most people can agree there will be at least one Stark left after all is done.

I don't believe Dawn is lost just no one has been deemed worthy of wielding it, although who really decides if someone is worthy.

I believe Tyrion will learn what happened to Brightroar, but will not obtain it.

Blackfyre IMO is as people before mentioned in the possession of Varys and Illyrio and will eventually be given to Aegon.

As for Dark Sister, BR most likely has it, but I do not believe it will go to Arya or Dany. Arya will be trained to use a braavosi blade rather than a long sword and due to her size will probably stick to a smaller sword. Dany as said previously why waist such a great weapon on someone who will never use it. Realistically who will Dany fight against Samwell? I think people are reading to much into the sister part of Darksister, it was carried by multiple great male warriors (BR, Aemon the Dragonknight). I think BR will begin a Dawn like tradition where he will give it to someone he deems worthy of it.

Lastly I believe Ice will be reforged possibly by Gendry and given to whichever Stark rules the North in the end. I think most people can agree there will be at least one Stark left after all is done.

Arya could feasibly end up with Tommen's share of Ice. Wasn't it made smaller?

red rain and nightfall

And lets not forget Lady Forlorn! Which is in the possession of Ser Lyn Corbray

I doubt Gendry has the skills or spells to work valyrian steel... and besides he would first need Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail to reforge it.

Why would Maekar allow Bloodraven to keep his family's ancestral sword when he clearly hated him?

He put the man into a cell, then Aegon sent him to the wall. Why would either give up a token of their heritage to rot away at the wall or in a cell?

Unlikely.

Dark Sister would have remained in the Targ line.

Being passed down the line of inheritance you would assume it would have made its way to Rhaegar.

If R+L=J then there's a chance Rhaegar left DS to a pregnant L for their child?

I have a feeling that DS is in the Stark Crypt below Winterfell and will be the signal to Jon as to his true parentage.

Why would Maekar allow Bloodraven to keep his family's ancestral sword when he clearly hated him?

He put the man into a cell, then Aegon sent him to the wall. Why would either give up a token of their heritage to rot away at the wall or in a cell?

Unlikely.

Being passed down the line of inheritance you would assume it would have made its way to Rhaegar.

I have a feeling that DS is in the Stark Crypt below Winterfell and will be the signal to Jon as to his true parentage.

So if DS stayed in KL after Aemon and BR left for the wall it would have passed on in the Targ line. Aegon V would have had the sword then or at least his firstborn son, Duncan the small - or the prince of dragonflies - and both of them perished in the Summerhall tragedy. What if the sword was destroyed there? Maybe Rhaegar was looking for Dark Sister all those times he stayed in the ruins of Summerhall.

Unlikely.

I highly doubt this. If Rhaegar had the sword I think we would have heard about it. We have been told of all the Valyrian steel blades and who carries them. It just seems like someone would have made a big deal about Rhaegar having it.

To me Bloodraven is a very stealthy person. In my opinion he could have taken the sword to the wall unbeknownst to Aegon. I'm sure he still had friends in Kings Landing who could have held it for him.

So if DS stayed in KL after Aemon and BR left for the wall it would have passed on in the Targ line. Aegon V would have had the sword then or at least his firstborn son, Duncan the small - or the prince of dragonflies - and both of them perished in the Summerhall tragedy. What if the sword was destroyed there? Maybe Rhaegar was looking for Dark Sister all those times he stayed in the ruins of Summerhall.

I like this idea and if it turns out to be true the first person to go into Summerhall after the tragedy may have come into a nice bit of wealth. I doubt the sword would have been destroyed; maybe it's still their somewhere and someone will find it at some point in the series.

I highly doubt this. If Rhaegar had the sword I think we would have heard about it. We have been told of all the Valyrian steel blades and who carries them. It just seems like someone would have made a big deal about Rhaegar having it.

To me Bloodraven is a very stealthy person. In my opinion he could have taken the sword to the wall unbeknownst to Aegon. I'm sure he still had friends in Kings Landing who could have held it for him.

I like this idea and if it turns out to be true the first person to go into Summerhall after the tragedy may have come into a nice bit of wealth. I doubt the sword would have been destroyed; maybe it's still their somewhere and someone will find it at some point in the series.

Mayhaps it will be Aegon himself who finds the blade while conquering the stormlands, should he come across Summerhall.

Archived