[TWoW Spoilers] Barristan

Ran

On 2/16/2013 at 11:25 PM, Ser Heisenberg said:

And I wonder since the ironborn are there to aid danny and her cause how will they know who they are with and who against since I dout that barristan has banners meant for his men to wave around

it is said in the first chapter that one of barristan squires is carrying the targaryen sigil

• 2 months later...

There is a great possibility that our fellow Sir Barristan has a close encounter with one or two angry dragons in the end of that chapter. Riding Danny's horse wasn't a good idea, I have a very bad feeling about this. But who knows, if all the action is happening simultaneously, maybe the blowing of the horn will save him. 

• 9 months later...

Read half this thread but didn't have the stamina for the lot, so apologies. Just finished a full re-read of books 1-5 and am working my way through these TWOW snippets.

About the Horn - yes, Victarion will have it blown, maybe thinking a dragon will fly his bride over to him. Rhaegal and Viserion are in the city and will hear it. When two dragons arrive with no dragonqueen, even thicko Victarion will assume Dany is in the city, so won't try to direct R&V to burn it. HOWEVER, he doesn't know how to control them, so may inadvertently send them to torch it. Oops. They're not big enough to burn down the whole city, but hundreds of innocent people will die. Again. That would help Dany resolve her dilemma whether to stay in Meereen or not when she does return, as the citizens (who've seen off enemy armies) will refuse to entertain 3 volatile dragons in their midst.