Ran

[TWoW Spoilers] Barristan

797 posts in this topic

Awesome summary and awesome chapters. It's a pretty dense description, thanks for this. I liked the part where the stormcrows shout and Barristan recognizes their valor; then he plunges into battle. it's great to finally see Barristan doing what he does best. Can't wait to read the whole thing with the Victarion and Tyrion counterparts as well.

Edited by Marmelodov

They sound amazing! Many thanks Azador!

Awesome. Thank you!

God,that's sad,the thought Theon/Greyjoy could be acting in Starks' behalf.

I loved the part where Barristan thought could the ships arriving have something to do with Theon

I love Barristan. I fucking love him.

Thanks!

This is awesome! thank you!

[GRRM pointed out that these were, of course, Victarion's men and made a comment about Tyrion currently being quite miserable.]

I would guess he's dressed in company steel next to Penny and Ser Jorah somewhere...

Sounds like a set of really cool chapters. Still wish they'd been ADWD, though. I love Barristan, man, can't wait to see more of him in TWOW.

Yey! Ser Barristan into action!

Awesome notes Azador! Whoah! This made my day :)

The part about Tyrion being quite miserable... wonder what his fate will be at this battle.

I love Barristan.

He is either battling or fearing Victarion will take all the glory - the muscles,not the brain :)

Thank you, Azador! You take wonderfully detailed notes. I'm sure we're all very grateful to you for posting.

As far as the battle of Meereen goes, no surprises really, all is going as expected, so far. It's what happens after, that interests me. How long will it take for this band of Dany sidekicks to grab their wayward queen, and I assume her knew khalasar, and get the feck out of Essos?

ETA:

Wait....I don't get it, why would Tyrion be miserable?

There's a new tough guy in town taking the lion's share of the credit for this victory.

Edited by Sun

The chapter begins with a gory description of the bodies of plague victims being thrown into the city by the trebuchets. Only the northern districts across the river are far enough away to avoid being hit.

First, thanks for the quotes, Azador!

I wonder if this part is foreshadowing. There are speculations that some kind of epidemic is going to hit Westeros, most likely some form of greyscale, this could foreshadow that the North will remain untouched.

The most interesting part for me is the note about Tyrion, it seems that the Second Sons were attacked before Plumm and Tyrion had time to switch the sides. I think that Tyrion was taken captive and I can't imagine Vic liking a dwarf and Lannister and the one with mismatched eyes like Euron on the top of all, on the other hand Moqorro is with him and he knows Tyrion is important. I can imagine that Jorah fares even worse.

Looks like this will be a bit like Blackwater in terms of chapters with it alternating between the characters in the battle before going somewhere else.

Azador, did GRRM make any comments about his progress with the book in general?