Jaime heads north

drayrock

Lots of debate about what awaits Jaime being as his story ended with one of the many cliffhangers on DWD. I see him escaping the the riverland pickle he's in and going north. It's been far too long since Jaime and a stark came into contact with one another, they usually have pretty interesting interactions number one, and number two Jaime and Jon are a lot more a like than meets the eye. And I think it would make for some great dialogue.

BUT I vaguely remember him having a dream where he is constantly killing undead. Also one where him and Brienne face an unknown foe together. Vague but could be the white.

I think Brienne will remain hostage. Jaime is going to either kill Cersei or save Sansa. Then he can go North. Or maybe Jon will go south. I really hope the two will meet, if there is a person who could see Rhaegar in Jon, it's Jaime.

...Why? We know of no physical feature which both Rhaegar and Jon share. He is strictly Stark-looking.

And didn't they already meet back in the first book in Winterfell...?

Yes and no. They were both present, but Cat tried to hide Jon away as much as possible--as far as we are aware, Tyrion was the only one to actually see Jon and know that he was Jon.

As to seeing Rhaegar in Jon, it's not limited to looks alone. It goes back to the nature vs. nurture debate: it's quite possible that Jon exhibits the same natural leadership abilities that Rhaegar seems to have possessed. If Jaime were to come to the Wall with an idea that maybe Jon and Rhaegar are related (big IF I know, just kind of being a Devil's Advocate), then Jaime would be one of only three people currently alive (the others being Barristan and JonCon) who knew Rhaegar enough to be able to determine that Jon shares personality traits with Rhaegar (once again, if this is even the case--not saying I believe it, just giving examples beyond pure looks as to how someone could "see Rhaegar in Jon")

Yes and no. They were both present, but Cat tried to hide Jon away as much as possible--as far as we are aware, Tyrion was the only one to actually see Jon and know that he was Jon.

As to seeing Rhaegar in Jon, it's not limited to looks alone. It goes back to the nature vs. nurture debate: it's quite possible that Jon exhibits the same natural leadership abilities that Rhaegar seems to have possessed. If Jaime were to come to the Wall with an idea that maybe Jon and Rhaegar are related (big IF I know, just kind of being a Devil's Advocate), then Jaime would be one of only three people currently alive (the others being Barristan and JonCon) who knew Rhaegar enough to be able to determine that Jon shares personality traits with Rhaegar (once again, if this is even the case--not saying I believe it, just giving examples beyond pure looks as to how someone could "see Rhaegar in Jon")

I feel you it would be cool, long shot but cool. Cause I feel like new jaime would really appreciate Jon, especially after the loyalty he's showed to the night's watch.

Jamie has to fulfill the valonqar prophecy by turning south...I don't think he will be going north anytime soon. His story in the north ended after GoT.

That's assuming he's the little brother and that the prophecy comes through. We both know how vague they can be. I do think he will though but I'm pretty positive he will head north before the series is over and have some roll in helping Jon beat the others.

With UnCat its difficult to see how Jaime will survive, but i simply cant see him dying yet. I dont know whether the red god will defend him or brienne will give her life as forfeit for his, but somehow Jaime must travel north with the Brotherhood

I find it hard to believe that Brienne would surrender so completely to UnCat as to willingly lead Jaime to his death, so I think some other deal has been struck between the two behind the scenes. I doubt that it would involve Jaime going North, however -- seems more probable that UnCat has somehow learned of Sansa's true whereabouts and is sending Jaime to off LF and rescue the girl (or could she be sending him to Braavos after Arya? Interesting.)

I am not sure about this. Rhaegar seemed to have the type of leadership that inspired loyalty from his followers, where as Jon was pretty much hated by most of the Nights Watch after one book of leadership. Of course, we are judging Rhaeger off word of mouth and memories.

I find it hard to believe that Brienne would surrender so completely to UnCat as to willingly lead Jaime to his death, so I think some other deal has been struck between the two behind the scenes. I doubt that it would involve Jaime going North, however -- seems more probable that UnCat has somehow learned of Sansa's true whereabouts and is sending Jaime to off LF and rescue the girl (or could she be sending him to Braavos after Arya? Interesting.)

Arya would be my guess. Lots of people in the Riverlands know that Arya passed through including the BwB, Gendry, and Brienne (from the monk on the Quiet Isle). Seems like UnCat would be hot on her trail. Briene knows that it is likely that Arya went to the Saltpans as that was the direction she and the Hound was heading prior to the Hound's "death". Seems like UnCat might send them their to quiz any survivors about any ships that had left recently before the massacre of Saltpans.

Of course, it is just as likely that UnCat will execute Jaime.

Jaime will be sent to kill cersei. Then he'll meet with Dany/Vic/Barry/Tyrion and we'll have a whole chapter with Jaime singlehandling (no pun intended) the four of them on diplomacy. But then they'll turn their eyes north towards the real danger

Lots of debate about what awaits Jaime being as his story ended with one of the many cliffhangers on DWD. I see him escaping the the riverland pickle he's in and going north. It's been far too long since Jaime and a stark came into contact with one another, they usually have pretty interesting interactions number one, and number two Jaime and Jon are a lot more a like than meets the eye. And I think it would make for some great dialogue.

BUT I vaguely remember him having a dream where he is constantly killing undead. Also one where him and Brienne face an unknown foe together. Vague but could be the white.

I could totally see Jon attempting to murder a small child because he was sexing up Sansa...

Nobody knows what word Brienne said to zombie Cat to halt her execution. Nobody knows what Brienne told Jamie to make him drop everything and run off with her. Jamies story line is probably the most unpredicable as no real insights were given as to what awaits him once he comes before zombie Cat.

Nobody knows what word Brienne said to zombie Cat to halt her execution. Nobody knows what Brienne told Jamie to make him drop everything and run off with her. Jamies story line is probably the most unpredicable as no real insights were given as to what awaits him once he comes before zombie Cat.

Actually, GRRM revealed that the word she said was "sword." The following excerpt can be found at http://www.westeros..../SSM/Entry/6425

anyway after he finished reading the chapters, he opened the floor to some discussion about the plot of asoiaf, and some amazing genius girl said: you know my friends and i were debating this pretty heavily in the lobby just today, brienne screams “one word” as she is being hung by lady stoneheart’s men in a feast for crows - what was the word?

george turned the question on the audience and asked if anyone had figured it out - we shouted all kinds of dumb stuff, “jaime”, “sapphires”, etc. but some other genius in the second row said “sword”!

george confirmed that the word brienne screamed was “sword”; lady stoneheart gave brienne the choice of either swearing her sword to her or being hung, saying “sword or noose”, and as brienne was being hung she screamed “sword”

Archived