Moments of Foreshadowing 4

Ice Turtle

Two kings to wake the dragon. The father first and then the son, so both die kings.

"Truth be told," she said, "Lord Bolton aspires to more than mere lordship. Why not King in the North?"

Roose and Ramsay will come to the Wall to retrieve Theon and "Arya". Jon will "wake the dragon" while fighting them; first killing Roose, the father, then Ramsay, the son. If only Dany could see, then she could know what it really means to "wake the dragon."

Two kings to wake the dragon. The father first and then the son, so both die kings.

"Truth be told," she said, "Lord Bolton aspires to more than mere lordship. Why not King in the North?"

Roose and Ramsy will come to the Wall to retrieve Theon and "Arya". Jon will "wake the dragon" while fighting them; first killing Roose, the father, then Ramsay, the son. If only Dany could see, then she could know what it really means to "wake the dragon."

Although i think Jon will end up fighting the bastard for sure, would be cool if they end being given to the tree to wake Jon

Roose and Ramsy will come to the Wall to retrieve Theon and "Arya". Jon will "wake the dragon" while fighting them; first killing Roose, the father, then Ramsay, the son. If only Dany could see, then she could know what it really means to "wake the dragon."

This one I'm iffy on. Namely because Bolton has yet to actually declare himself king. I also think that any two kings will do and that the father and son thing is a matter of circumstance (i.e. what they had to work with at the time).

I've read in threads that Jon's dream of defending the wall with a sword of fire is interpreted as foreshadowing of Jon being AAR but I was thinking that it could be foreshadowing of the fulfillment of the PTWP prophecy as ice and fire work as one to defend the wall with ice as the armor because ice preserves and fire as the sword because fire is a force of power and destruction (like we see with Dany's dragons) instead of the sword being lightbringer.

There was this line in a Bran chapter: "Summer dug up a severed arm, black and covered with hoarfrost, its fingers opening and closing as it pulled itself across the fallen snow.";Jon becoming a whight? I know is more than crackpot, but when i read this that's what i imagined.

He is highborn enough to make a worthy consort, she[Arianne] thought. Father would question my good sense, but our children would be as beautiful as dragonlords.

Arianne may get the same thoughts towards Aegon, especially about being able to have children as beautiful as dragonlords.

"I'm a princess too," Shireen announced, "but I never had a sister. I used to have a cousin once, before he sailed away. He was just a bastard, but I liked him.

Shireen speaks of Edric Storm in past tense as if he had died. A dose of irony if Davos had Ned sent away to save his life only to lead to his death. :crying:

Finally, Aegon the Conqueror was about to lead his forces to Dorne only to have King Torrhen Stark come down on the riverlands in the rear with his Northern army. After Torrhen is dealt with, Aegon decides to leave Dorne alone. Tyrion described Dany as "Aegon the Conqueror with teats" and Dany ascribes herself to such; she may be about to head for KL after Aegon is dealt with only to have Stannis and his army of Northmen come down into the riverlands in Dany's rear (no pun intended). After Dany faces him in battle, it can be assured that she never conquers KL.

Wake the dragon as in give way to the eventual revelation of Jon's heritage or wake the dragon as in just get really angry (as Viserys would often tell Dany?) and kill the Daddy and son Bolton?

In A Clash of Kings there is a possible foreshadowing of Jon Snow's future as Azor Ahai.

The scene occurs during the Night's Watch break at Craster's. After Gilly came to talk to him in the early morning, Jon leaves the camp and

a few yards away he made water into a frozen bush, his piss steaming in the cold air and melting the ice wherever it fell.

In A Clash of Kings there is a possible foreshadowing of Jon Snow's future as Azor Ahai.

The scene occurs during the Night's Watch break at Craster's. After Gilly came to talk to him in the early morning, Jon leaves the camp and

Surely you are trolling?

She threw back the shutters and shivered as gooseprickles rose along her arms. There were clouds massing in the eastern sky, pierced by shafts of sunlight. They look like two huge castles afloat in the morning sky. Sansa could see their walls of tumbled stone, their mighty keeps and barbicans. Wispy banners swirled from atop their towers and reached for the fast-fading stars. The sun was coming up behind them, and she watched them go from black to grey to a thousand shades of rose and gold and crimson. Soon the wind mushed them together, and there was only one castle where there had been two.

She heard the door open as her maids brought the hot water for her bath. They were both new to her service; Tyrion said the women who’d tended to her previously had all been Cersei’s spies, just as Sansa had always suspected. “Come see,” she told them. “There’s a castle in the sky.”

They came to have a look. “It’s made of gold.” Shae had short dark hair and bold eyes. She did all that was asked of her, but sometimes she gave Sansa the most insolent looks. “A castle all of gold, there’s a sight I’d like to see.”

“A castle, is it?” Brella had to squint. “That tower’s tumbling over, looks like. It’s all ruins, that is.”

Sansa did not want to hear about falling towers and ruined castles. She closed the shutters and said, “We are expected at the queen’s breakfast. Is my lord husband in the solar?”

The two castles are Castle Black and Winterfell.

Sansa starts out shivering (referencing winter), but she is witnessing dawn (referencing the Battle for Dawn... during or shortly after which both Winterfell and the Wall were constructed).

'Tumbled stone' accurately describes either castle, 'mighty keep' might reference Winterfell's Great Keep (though of course Castle Black has keeps as well), Castle Black is essentially a giant barbican.

The first color pairing she describes them with are black and grey (Night's Watch and Starks). They then go rose and gold and crimson (Boltons take Winterfell; Stannis and Mels come to Castle Black... the thousands of shades emphasizes the great numbers of people these parties bring).

The winds mushing them together foretells the combining of the forces at Winterfell and Castle Black. We already see this when Stannis' forces move from Castle Black to Winterfell. The fact that this 'mushing' occurs because of the winds references 'The Winds of Winter' as a title.

Shae sees the combined castle as gold, which is a great sign for Stannis. This foreshadows a Baratheon controlling the combined castles temporarily.

Then a tower tumbles over and everything's all in ruins. There are plenty of options for that; my favorite is the prediction that the wall will crumble along with Castle Black's towers. This leaves that castle in ruins (more than it is already).

Not sure if anyone metioned this:

Tywin Lannister, refusing to give his son Tyrion a more dignified office or let him travel the world, assigns Tyrion to the take care of all the plumbing in Casterly Rock.

Eventually Tyrion pays Tywin back dignity-wise by killing him on a privy.

Lannisters pay their debts (sometimes even without realizing it).

Kojja Mo sent her archers to the castles with their great bows of goldenheart that could send a shaft farther and truer than even Dornish yew. She waited till the longship came within two hundred yards before she gave the command to loose. Sam loosed with them, and this time he thought his arrow reached the ship.

Foreshadowing for Sam, with his archery skill improving, eventually he may be able to send a shaft that hits it's target, Euron, with Alleras's goldenheart bow.

He is highborn enough to make a worthy consort, she[Arianne] thought. Father would question my good sense, but our children would be as beautiful as dragonlords.

Arianne may get the same thoughts towards Aegon, especially about being able to have children as beautiful as dragonlords.

That was my thought as well. I think there's a good chance Aegon and Arianne will get married, although I doubt they'll live long enough to have children together.

Just scrolling past this:

“Spare me your but’s, boy,” Lord Mormont interrupted. “I would not be sitting here were it not for you and that beast of yours. You fought bravely... and more to the point, you thought quickly. Fire! Yes, damn it. We ought to have known. We ought to have remembered. The Long Night has come before. Oh, eight thousand years is a good while, to be sure... yet if the Night’s Watch does not remember, who will?”

“Who will, “ chimed the talkative raven. “Who will.”

You do, because you have the ability to go back in time through the network. :P

God, I love that bird.

Just scrolling past this:

You do, because you have the ability to go back in time through the network. :P

God, I love that bird.

We can go deeper, for example that Jon will be the one to transfer the knowledge further, the one through whom the knowledge will never be forgotten again...

That bird is one of the best parts of the story indeed...

That was my thought as well. I think there's a good chance Aegon and Arianne will get married, although I doubt they'll live long enough to have children together.

I agree that they won't live long enough to have children. Trystane will end up as the Prince of Dorne.

"A bastard is it?" Craster looked Jon up and down."Man wants to bed a woman, seems like he ought to take her to wife. That's what I do."

Craster starts with a question that in the right context sounds like it is questioning Jon being a bastard. The latter part backshadows that Rhaegar married Lyanna given that he bedded her.

Tyrion says, "When the FM come, I will just tell them that I am another dwarf with a cut nose" (paraphrasing)

Isn't every coin actually a ruler, that is made a dwarf with a cut nose (coins are cut, noses of course made flat)? And Tyrion was master of coin before that...

I thinks this foreshadows, or even points to the theory that the Many faced god is actually money.

I agree that they won't live long enough to have children. Trystane will end up as the Prince of Dorne.

Agreed. On this or another thread, a poster stated something along the lines of "Arianne can't die, because then House Martell would have no heir!" Yeah, about that...

Tyrion says, "When the FM come, I will just tell them that I am another dwarf with a cut nose" (paraphrasing)

I thought this was potential foreshadowing for Arya meeting Tyrion. (There's a lot of foreshadowing for Arya meeting Dany, so if Tyrion's around Dany at the time, this would explain it.)

Archived