Best Warrior in Westeros

Fat of the Canals

Without armour, most of these knight wouldn't survive clashing with a pitfighter champion. Khrazz would have killed Barristan three times over, without Platemail. So if the argument is skill, gladiators and Dothraki should pose a serious chalenge. If you count full equipment, then guys that don't use full plate don't stand much of a chance(like Mance).

You really think Barristan required armor to beat Khrazz? He had it so he used it, as it gave him a margin of safety. You forget that he took out the Titan's Bastard, who tried to ambush Dany, in about 3 seconds using only a staff, unarmored.

Conan. Wait, wrong forum.

Apparently, we're talking best Duelist here, since if we were talking best battlefield commander or some such, the lists would look quite different indeed.

Seeing as we're also sticking to those who are among the living, that takes out my usual favorite Syrio Forel, drat.

With these two conditions, I would have to say that from what we have seen in the books, I would think the most dangerous man to meet on the opposite side of a fight is indeed Sandor Clegane. He's strong yet fast like Bronn, he has no concept of honor to keep him from dirty tricks and he absolutely has no fear or value in his own life, making him willing to do just about anything to kill you without the reservations of someone without said death wish.

Of course, he may or may not be dead, or *shiver* have had a change of heart recently.

What proof is there that Darkstar is any good?

Both Areo Hotah and The Red Viper both thought this guy extreely talented and

dangerous. I believe it was revealed that both had some level of fear

of him.

Hotah also expressed doubt that Swann and the Sand Snake could

kill him.

I agree I don't rate Hotah as highly as others. I do however think that he is a very skilled fighter (dedicating his life to it) and could have defeated Oakheart on his own.

I might add that even he fears Darkstar which says a lot about the Darkstar that both Hotah and the Red Viper fear him.

I agree I don't rate Hotah as highly as others. I do however think that he is a very skilled fighter (dedicating his life to it) and could have defeated Oakheart on his own.

I might add that even he fears Darkstar which says a lot about the Darkstar that both Hotah and the Red Viper fear him.

Areo Hotah is the Prince of Dorne's personal guard. That in itself should count for something. Doran Martell is the ruler of possibly the most powerful kingdom in Westeros and he has ONE man guarding his life (probably more but Areo is his main dude).

Areo Hotah is the Prince of Dorne's personal guard. That in itself should count for something. Doran Martell is the ruler of possibly the most powerful kingdom in Westeros and he has ONE man guarding his life (probably more but Areo is his main dude).

Meh it counts for something but keep in mind that Boros Blount was part of Robert, Tommen and Joffery's personal guard too so it doesn't mean a whole lot. That being said I certainly think that Hotah is a great warrior, I don't think he could challenge the Kingslayer or anything but he could take down guys like Oakheart.

I certainly don't think Dorne is the most powerful kingdom in Westeros.

Meh it counts for something but keep in mind that Boros Blount was part of Robert, Tommen and Joffery's personal guard too so it doesn't mean a whole lot. That being said I certainly think that Hotah is a great warrior, I don't think he could challenge the Kingslayer or anything but he could take down guys like Oakheart.

I certainly don't think Dorne is the most powerful kingdom in Westeros.

Blount was one of several. Imagine if Tywin Lannister had a single guard; a go-to guy. Gregor is his go to guy, but not even Gregor is entrusted with guarding Tywin's life.

And sure, it's easy to say Hotah "couldn't challenge Jaime or anything". Jaime is probably the most skilled fighter in the ASOIAF universe.

And the Targaryens struggled to conquer Dorne. It took them plenty of attempts. I'm also pretty sure they're mentioned as possibly being the most powerful kingdom in one of the books.

Blount was one of several. Imagine if Tywin Lannister had a single guard; a go-to guy. Gregor is his go to guy, but not even Gregor is entrusted with guarding Tywin's life.

And sure, it's easy to say Hotah "couldn't challenge Jaime or anything". Jaime is probably the most skilled fighter in the ASOIAF universe.

And the Targaryens struggled to conquer Dorne. It took them plenty of attempts. I'm also pretty sure they're mentioned as possibly being the most powerful kingdom in one of the books.

Hotah is Doran's version of the KG. He just doesn't have 7 of them, the Prince of Dorne actually doesn't usually have a guy like him, Hotah I believe came with the Prince's wife and then stayed around. He is basically their version of Jory Cassel.

Dorne has great defenses but that doesn't mean they are the most powerful kingdom. They couldn't leave Dorne and conquer the Reach or the Iron Throne or the North or the West.

No mention of either being afraid. Just Arianne saying no man can stand against Areo, Daemon Sand asking if Darkstar is a man then saying it's a pity the Red Viper didn't kill him like he wanted to.

Did it say "I a afraid of hiim"? No. But it implies that the Red Viper feared him and he is also not convinced that they can defeat Darkstar, he actually says that much.

Did you read the whole thing?

Archived