Did anyone pick up the Iron Throne replica?

Big Daddy Dave

I ordered this months ago at my local comic shop. Dark Horse's Iron Throne replica. It retails for $295.00 and is limited to 750 pieces. I checked and mine is #5 out of 750!

It looks to be about /6th scale, so if anyone (Hot Toys hint hint!) gets around to doing 1/6 scale, 12" figures, you can put whoever tickles your fancy in the seat. Don't let them look comfortable though!

Yet another thing (the life-size one) to put on the "when I become a millionaire, I'll purchase..." list. Incidentally, that list is quite similar to the "reasons why I am not, and probably never will be, a millionaire" list. Funny how that works out.

• 1 month later...

I ordered both the 7" and 14" Iron Throne replicas from a reliable eBay dealer: $46.00 for the 7" and $219.00 for the 14", plus shipping for both, of course. (The 14" Iron Throne is one heavy mother, being cast in two pieces of polystone--base and throne!) I asked for and received #72 for 14" version; '72 was the year I first met and got to know GRRM. (At that point, I believe, George had sold three science fiction stories professionally to the sf digest magazines.) Both statues are gorgeous and attract attention!

I've got Odin from the Marvel Thor movie on mine. He kind of looks like an old, much less fat Robert Baratheon.

I'd like to think if Robert hadn't been killed, Ned would've helped him get his shit together. Maybe he would've lost an eye to Jaime or Cersei after Ned told him about their kids.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd buy the Iron Throne replica, but the shipping cost to my country would probably end up being more expensive than the item itself, and besides, it'd probably get stuck in customs and I'd have to pay an extra fee to have it released u___u

Looks awesome tho :D

Archived