Davos Chapters

Zyrokon

Does anyone else just hate Davos' chapters? They just seem incredibly boring, I like all other characters but Davos is just boring. Is there any major impact on the story if I skip his chapters? I am on his second one in ASOS so no future spoilers, if possible.

DO NOT skip Davos' chapters. I mean, I love Davos, but even if you hate him you'll miss all the Stannis storyline, which is pretty freaking important. And if you skip Davos, you'll also skip the living awesomeness that is Stannis Baratheon

I wouldn't recommend skipping any chapters (even tho GRRM has organised his novels into POVs, I think we must treat them as normal chapters), but there is a grain of truth in saying that Davos is not the most important protagonist in ASOS.

Trying not to spoil anything, but there isn't much going on throughout ASOS with Stannis until you reach the end of the book.

DO NOT skip Davos' chapters. I mean, I love Davos, but even if you hate him you'll miss all the Stannis storyline, which is pretty freaking important. And if you skip Davos, you'll also skip the living awesomeness that is Stannis Baratheon

... although that last evaluation is hardly unanimous.

• 4 weeks later...

Why do people always want to skip chapters? Most of them are fifteen pages at the most, how hard is it to get through?

But anyway, Davos has probably one of the more important storylines in the third book, so definitely read them.

Davos is not only an important character but also he is far more interesting than Daenerys. His chapters never bored me. Never once. Instead... everytime I read a Daenerys chapter I am about to fall asleep. *yawn*

• 3 weeks later...

Davos is a lovable character, one of the few honest and loyal men. At first, it might seem that his story arc won't be interesting as some others, but the more you read about him, the more interesting it gets. Also, why would you want to skip his chapters when you can get an awesome insight in BAMF that is Stannis Baratheon. Davos is a vital piece of the puzzle that is ASoIAF, and I wouldn't recommend skipping anybodies chapters, as much as they are annoying to you,

I've been here a few days now and keep coming accross these threads - "Do I have to read ........ chapters.. ?"

No. Of course you don't. You don't have to read any of it.

You may not understand the story, come the end but at least you will have saved what..? 20 mins of your time here and there.

Also, while your at it. I'd miss out Catelyn's, Cersei's & Jon's chapters throughout the rest of the entire series.

Save yourself even more time :thumbsup:

Archived