what is up with this scene?

tyrionsparamour

hello fellow fans this is my first post so please dont jump down my throat and if its been discussed before sorry for bringing it up.

i just got finish watching season 1 episode 8 and right after robb sets a lannister scout free there is a quick scene of ned stark in

the black cells and turnkey comes and wakes him up and points to something the scene cuts. now i could be wrong but to me

it looks like furs plus they dont show the turnkeys face. I could just be a stark fan not wanting to deal with his death but i believe

this is a clue to something. even if you read arya chapter where ned is brought out to the sept she describes a man who looks nothing

like ned ( i dont have the book infront of me but i do remember her saying she does not recognize him) now i think the writers for the show

have some knowledge of the future books to portray the story on tv. if you pay attention to some scenes the characters talk about things that

are not brought up to later in the series. and what would be the point of showing that scene if it was just some asshole messing with ned .now here is

where the crack pot theory ned is alive maybe even the hooded man? who knows but i really have a feeling it means something. i dont wanna go on because

i already feel like im rambling but please give me your thoughts

chow and kisses

The books and the TV series are independent of each other. Things are shown in the series that didn't happen in the books and vise-versa. I havent' watched that episode in some time and don't remember the exact scene but it could have been a trun key summoning him or Varys entering.

The books and the TV series are independent of each other. Things are shown in the series that didn't happen in the books and vise-versa. I havent' watched that episode in some time and don't remember the exact scene but it could have been a trun key summoning him or Varys entering.

just for the record, i dont think they're indepedent enough to change the story outright. besides, if they were to pull that sort of stunt, they'd do it with robb and the red wedding. (tangent warning) but i think how people take the red wedding will determine how much longer AGOT on tv lasts

Ned is dead.

You think he would let his family die like that without doing anything?

While the TV series is its own medium D&D have made it clear that they are working with the material that George has created. They dont fabricate things that are completely out of the blue.

Ser Alton for example, took the part of Cleos and then they were able to use his death to kill of Torrhen and therefor get Rickards rage in aswell. Nothing they added is without a point that exists in the story.

The changes they do is to make the series better suited for TV.

Sorry, but no. I miss Ned too but the truth is that dear old Ned is dead. Poor dead Ned lost his head.

Also, the books are not the tv show and the tv show is not the books. You can't look to the show to prove a theory in the books. Two different universes, two different creators.

i know the two are different but not so much grrm said he chose them 2 to portray the story because they wanted to tell his story .the only reason they change or make up

things is because they only have 10hrs to shoot but it never strays too far away from the real plot. look at jeyne westerling they cut her and replaced her with whatsherface

because it would have been to long to go into the crag and all the battles. but we still got the idea. and with grrm being so picky bout his baby i dont see him letting them

funk it up or straying away ( he turned down numerous movie deals and other series because they wanted to change it) all im saying is that it was a weird scene to mean

nothing especially us learning varys having that alas

but i could be wrong reaching for things in that dark still like the idea though long live ned lol

oh and thankyou gauis julius ceasar i guess its just like spelt and spelled

Archived