Official Game of Thrones Season 3 Trailer Now Live

Westeros

At the Twins? Because Arya is not travelling the same route as Robb is and she is actually not even travelling at all for a large part of the season. She's hanging out with the BwB who are in their cave or up in the hills or wherever the hell they go to hideaway from the general population. She's with them for a good 7 episodes, then she escapes, the Hound captures her and they head to the Twins, which Robb and Cat have already arrived at an episode previous.

Are you asking why Robb coming up from Riverrun for the wedding at the Twins doesn't run into Arya? Ask Martin I guess since that's how it works in the books. Myself, I never gave it a second thought because I assume that there are multiple ways to get to the various locations on the show and Westeros being as large as it is, it fully makes sense that main characters don't just run into each other on the road.

Worth mentioning that, even once Arya and Sandor start travelling toward the Twins, they probably would have to take back roads due to Sandor's status of being wanted dead by basically every faction. Back roads would presumably be less direct and travel would be rougher, which would slow down their travel time quite a bit.

It's Harrenhal, I saw it in the flames and I'm 100% sure about it.

From the production stills released a month ago, this is how I think it'll be:

-Hoster Tully's funeral will happen only in episode 3, and that's when Riverrun and the Tullys will be introduced. That leaves two episodes for Robb to take Harrenhal, but I assume that's happening only in episode 2 as nothing big is supposed to happen in the first episode of a season.

-Arya is going to meet the BwB in episode 1 and will leave them only in episode 7, so there's no way she could get to the Twins faster than Robb and Cat. The argument that the BwB would run into Robb's army is not very valid, as the BwB is always in hiding and Tywin was having a lot of trouble finding them.

-Jaime and Brienne will probably be captured by Bolton men by the end of episode 2, after Robb leaves Harrenhal and gives the command to Roose Bolton, but they are a bit far from Harrenhal so in episode 3 they'll still be on the road to the castle. Jaime still has his hand in episode 3, he will probably lose it in the end of the same episode.

Problem solved, I guess. None of them will run into another and the stories in the Riverlands will flow perfectly.

I would not be surprised if Robb and Cat showed up at Harenhal in the first episode and left it to Roose by the end of it. Based on that picture, it doesn't look like there's much to "take" as it will probably be abandoned in anticipation of them coming or for some other given reason. That would give Robb and Cat (and probably Talisa) some time on the road in E2 to get to Riverrun with them arriving in E3 for the funeral.

I would have liked to have a little more time for Robb and Roose to interact but I guess they need to get Roose in place at Harenhal to deal with Jaime and Brienne early enough.

There in no way to explain how Cat and Robb make it to the Twins before Arya and The Hound when Cat and Robb are traveling with let's assume 500 men (even though it surely should be more) and journey to Harrenhal then to Riverrun then to the Twins.

Arya is only leaving the company of the BwB in episode 7. Robb and Cat will be at Riverrun in episode 3, but they could leave it in episode 4 for all we know, as in a picture from episode 5 Robb is seen inside a tent. There isn't much for Robb to do this season, why worry about him getting to the Twins after Arya?

Alright, sorry for editing my post.

Here we go.

1. The architecture of the castle, and stonework are the exact same as Harrenhall.

2. The bodies are not burnt(Winterfell was)

3. There are far more bodies here than any of the bodies we saw in Winterfell, and they are not rotten(which they would be had Robb Taken the time to travel back to his capital city)

4. There is no core on the bodies, it looks like they were not massacred, quite possibly left there by Gregore, before Robb took it.

I am dissapointed with some of the decisions made in the second season but I have a funny feeling this season will be great, and D and D would not be that stupid. I think you know it is Harrenhall now.

1- i accept this. though i'm sure they use some of the same sets for mulitple locations.

2- but the bodies were also not burnt at the end of season 2 when they also should have been.

3- this is true, but of course we didn't see that much of winterfel either. and you are correct that they should probably be rotten (if they aren't burned), but it would be much cheaper for them to use real people to be laying around dead than to make a bunch of props to resemble a bunch of rotting corpses though, so i won't hold my breathe.

4- i don't know what you mean by core (gore?) on the bodies, but it appears to me that at least of them have arrows sticking out of them, though it is hard to tell for sure.

i certainly HOPE it's harenhal, or riverrun, but i don't know that. the whole possibility of it being harenhal is predicated on gregor simply abandoning it, which is not very logical seeing as it's supposed to be one of the most impenetrable fortresses around, and pretty useful strategically being roughly in the center of the 7 kingdoms.

let me ask you this, if before this trailer, i had told you that the mountain was going to yield up harenhal without a fight, would you think that's good writing? i don't think you would. but now, given the choice between the mountain leaving harenhal, and robb returning to winterfel... yeah... it's the lesser of two evils.

we'll see

Arya is only leaving the company of the BwB in episode 7. Robb and Cat will be at Riverrun in episode 3, but they could leave it in episode 4 for all we know, as in a picture from episode 5 Robb is seen inside a tent. There isn't much for Robb to do this season, why worry about him getting to the Twins after Arya?

Those are all assumptions and a 3 episode difference wouldn't be enough for Robb to arrive first.

If Arya arrives before Robb she would be in the RW.

Those are all assumptions and a 3 episode difference wouldn't be enough for Robb to arrive first.

If Arya arrives before Robb she would be in the RW.

But what makes you think she will arrive there before Robb?

But what makes you think she will arrive there before Robb?

I don't.

That image of Robb and Catelyn in some castle has some people thinking it's Harrenhal. And some people think Robb and Cat go to Harrenhal then Riverrun then the Twins.

I think that image is Robb and Catelyn at Riverrun in the beginning of the season.

There in no way to explain how Cat and Robb make it to the Twins before Arya and The Hound when Cat and Robb are traveling with let's assume 500 men (even though it surely should be more) and journey to Harrenhal then to Riverrun then to the Twins.

There is and it has been illustrated multiple times but I'll try and break it down for you as there seems to be a communication issue:

The fact that Robb goes to Harrenhal in the first episode has no bearing on what happens near the end of the season with Arya and him both at the Twins. Remember that on the show, Robb has not been setting up shop at Riverrun to this point, his camp has been at some undetermined location within the Riverlands. At the start of S3, his army I suppose decides to take Harenhall, which he then quickly leaves to Roose so that he and Cat can finally go to Riverrun (maybe specifically for Hoster's funeral). In any case, they spend an episode on the road to Riverrun (which on your Westeros map is located relatively close to the Twins.) They arrive in E3 or so, hang out there for a few episodes while we meet Edmure, the Blackfish, he has to execute Karstark and then eventually he gets the marriage proposal for Edmure and decides to depart for the Twins at say E8. He arrives at E9 and we have the RW.

Arya left Harenhal in the S2 finale and is trying to head back North to Winterfell (which she assumes still is in working order). You can tell she's not taking the normal roads in the scene with Jaquen because they're in some kind of foresty mountain range so she's not going to be running into anyone taking any main roads. At some point early in S3 (E1 or E2) she's going to be captured by the BwB who will be taking her underground or in the backwoods around the Inn of the Kneeling men (if they adhere to the books). She will be with them in their caves, hanging around, not really travelling for a good 6 or 7 episodes which will include meeting Beric, hearing the BwB story, capturing the Hound and seeing the Beric/Hound duel. After that takes place (say around E8) she escapes and the Hound captures her. At the start of E9, he'll decide to take her to the Twins (where Robb has just arrived at with his army) and by the time they get there at the end of the episode, they will be too late to do anything but watch the carnage.

Outside of Robb showing up at Harrenhal on the way up to Riverrun, that's almost exactly what the timeline of the books are so if you're confused, maybe reading those chapters again would help.

If you assume that Arya and Robb aren't leaving for the Twins at the same time and it's not a race between his army and her, then that might help too.

There is and it has been illustrated multiple times but I'll try and break it down for you as there seems to be a communication issue:

The fact that Robb goes to Harrenhal in the first episode has no bearing on what happens near the end of the season with Arya and him both at the Twins. Remember that on the show, Robb has not been setting up shop at Riverrun to this point, his camp has been at some undetermined location within the Riverlands. At the start of S3, his army I suppose decides to take Harenhall, which he then quickly leaves to Roose so that he and Cat can finally go to Riverrun (maybe specifically for Hoster's funeral). In any case, they spend an episode on the road to Riverrun (which on your Westeros map is located relatively close to the Twins.) They arrive in E3 or so, hang out there for a few episodes while we meet Edmure, the Blackfish, he has to execute Karstark and then eventually he gets the marriage proposal for Edmure and decides to depart for the Twins at say E8. He arrives at E9 and we have the RW.

Arya left Harenhal in the S2 finale and is trying to head back North to Winterfell (which she assumes still is in working order). You can tell she's not taking the normal roads in the scene with Jaquen because they're in some kind of foresty mountain range so she's not going to be running into anyone taking any main roads. At some point early in S3 (E1 or E2) she's going to be captured by the BwB who will be taking her underground or in the backwoods around the Inn of the Kneeling men (if they adhere to the books). She will be with them in their caves, hanging around, not really travelling for a good 6 or 7 episodes which will include meeting Beric, hearing the BwB story, capturing the Hound and seeing the Beric/Hound duel. After that takes place (say around E8) she escapes and the Hound captures her. At the start of E9, he'll decide to take her to the Twins (where Robb has just arrived at with his army) and by the time they get there at the end of the episode, they will be too late to do anything but watch the carnage.

Outside of Robb showing up at Harrenhal on the way up to Riverrun, that's almost exactly what the timeline of the books are so if you're confused, maybe reading those chapters again would help.

If you assume that Arya and Robb aren't leaving for the Twins at the same time and it's not a race between his army and her, then that might help too.

It's pointless to debate with your argument when it's filled with assumptions. Luckily we will see what actually happens.

Spoiler: I think that the season will end with the Joffery death and they will play up a "Who done it?" angle as a cliffhanger. I thought when the book did it, they revealed it too quickly and should have let it go on a bit longer. I think that's what they will do. I think the season finale is that and the red wedding is episode 9. Look for Lannister/Sansa wedding as episode 5

There's so much pessimism in this thread it would make Dolorous Edd look like an optimist :mellow:

i thought the season 2 trailers were great last year. they had me very excited for season 2. i've learned my lesson. i hope they knock season 3 out of the ball park, i really do.

Archived