What will happen to Selyse and Shireen?

Not A Lannister

As those who have read ADWD know, Jon Snow was attacked by Bowen Marsh & Co.

With the shield hall full of Wildlings whom Tormund is getting drunk and Selyse's guards possibly riled from Ser Patrek's death, what will happen when the wildlings realise what the NW members have done outside, will they attack Selyse's men along with the rogue NW men?

Will they go after Selyse herself and possibly kill Shireen due to her disfigurement from grey scale?

I personally think that Selyse may not survive though somehow Shireen will be spared. It may just be that I like the little princess.

With the shield hall full of Wildlings whom Tormund is getting drunk and Selyse's guards possibly riled from Ser Patrek's death, what will happen when the wildlings realise what the NW members have done outside, will they attack Selyse's men along with the rogue NW men?

Will they go after Selyse herself and possibly kill Shireen due to her disfigurement from grey scale?

I personally think that Selyse may not survive though somehow Shireen will be spared. It may just be that I like the little princess.

I think in the aftermath of Jon being *possibly dead (a girl can dream), they (Selyse and Shireen) will be fine. But there will most likely be a battle between the Queen's men, wildlings, and the NW. Everyone will literally be fighting everyone. No true sides.

I don't see Selyse and/or Shireen dying anytime soon.

All I can say is that I feel sorry for whoever gets in the way of Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun.

I think the biggest danger to shireen aren't the free folk, mel or patchface. it's her own mother and the most fanatical of the queen's men

If the Nights watch somehow keeps control of the wall when the dust settles then they may want to deliver Selyse and Shireen to Ramsey per the letter's demands...

Though as you've pointed out there are a lot of wildlings, and one crazy giant. I'm sure the remaining queen's men will protect them with their lives during the chaos, but if the wildlings gain control of CB then I'm not sure what they would do w/ the royals. They'll keep them as live hostages if they are smart.

Melisandre will most likely take care of them. And I do see Bowen Marsh meeting that deadly powder Mel mentioned in her chapter in the very near future.

Should Marsh successfully take over the Night's Watch, he will take Selyse and Shireen hostage, to use them against Stannis and/or the Iron Throne. But I very much doubt that Marsh's cabal has the strength to deal with all the wildlings. The NW is way too small for that, especially since the Northern lords (mountain clans, Karstarks/Thenns) supported Jon's policies. All of them, especially Tormund, will want and get their revenge...

I see Shireen getting a death by fire unless someone manages to rescue her and I can't imagine who that would be. Seylse seems like she'll be taken by one of the Others but she doesn't seem quite as marked for death as Shireen does. I can't really imagine a big death scene for either character though tbh.

I think the biggest danger to shireen aren't the free folk, mel or patchface. it's her own mother and the most fanatical of the queen's men

Now that you mention it, I actually see Selyse being the bigger danger. If she believes it's necessary to harm Shireen, it may be her undoing. It would give Stannis a moral and legal reason to dispose of her. He has little love or patient for her yet he seems to really care for Shireen

Shireen will unlock the teeth grinding power of the Barratheon jaw, pick up where her father left off, conquerer Westeros, and rule in her own right as the Black Iron Queen!

Umm, that would be... EPIC! LOL. Does anyone totally buy Valla's assertion that Shireen is "already dead" or carries the grey death in a dormant form "only to wake again"?

Umm, that would be... EPIC! LOL. Does anyone totally buy Valla's assertion that Shireen is "already dead" or carries the grey death in a dormant form "only to wake again"?

Given the wildings experience with grey scale and some modern/real world comparisons like chicken pox (both my brother and I had them more than once) I don't find it incredibly hard to believe that Shireen could have a relapse. It all depends on what occurred to the previous grey scale suffers that made them relapse.

@Ser Endrew Tarth

Yes! Though unless Shireen has some hidden personality or severe personally swap, I don't see her becoming Queen Teeth Ginder until she's older XD

Selyse will never harm her child. She is Queen of Westeros now, with Stannis allegedly dead. Selyse will declare her Queen, and rule as Queen Regent until real news about Stannis arrive at the Wall.

Shireen is also Selyse main bargaining chip in her marriage with Stannis. She has given him an heir. It may be only a girl, but it's all Stannis has, and Selyse knows this. I very much doubt that Melisandre is capable of giving birth to normal children.

The fact that Stannis does no longer sleep with Selyse could also indicate that he is content with Shireen as his heir. He had quite a lot of time to father a son on her, and did not try to do it.

Should Marsh successfully take over the Night's Watch, he will take Selyse and Shireen hostage, to use them against Stannis and/or the Iron Throne.

I understand the concept of "just as bad as the guy before him" as a common book theme, but it's really hard to imagine Marsh offing/trying to off Jon over breaking NW policy of not interfering in politics of the south and then turning around and doing the same. That could provide a really easy method of returning to status quo, but how anticlimatic would that be? If Marsh is going succeed he's probably going to be by the book or cast out as well.

But there will most likely be a battle between the Queen's men, wildlings, and the NW. Everyone will literally be fighting everyone. No true sides.

See, that's one of those moments where a far off horn sounds three times. You get the great moments of the NW being hopeful on the first blow, then the wildlings getting their shot with the second, and everyone taking pause at after the third.

Considering how there are two other large battles (Winterfell, Slaver's bay) occurring at the same time (not to mention Storm's End falling) I don't think we're going to be reading about a third (fourth) battle at the same time. But, it would make a nice juxtaposition to have two battles going on (on page, since Storm's End may be addressed only after the fact) while another near-battle turns into this whole "let's come together or else we're screwed" aspect.

I like the idea of war breaking out all over, but Winterfell, Slaver's bay and the Stormlands are all pretty far from each other. Infighting at the wall only needs those three horn blasts to end, the other battles don't have any easy ways out.

Marsh was and is not happy with this whole Stannis arrangement. He supported Janos Slynt during the election for Lord Commander. Yes, Tywin is now dead, but Stannis has little and less chances of success right now. Not in the long run. And Marsh thinks in the long run. If Stannis is truly dead, and if Marsh is going to be the new leader of the Night's Watch, he will sell Regnant Queen Shireen Baratheon and Queen Regent Selyse to King Tommen's administration. Selyse has not the men to stop him. They are all with Stannis. Melisandre may be a different matter. And the wildlings are still there as well.

Selyse will never harm her child. She is Queen of Westeros now, with Stannis allegedly dead. Selyse will declare her Queen, and rule as Queen Regent until real news about Stannis arrive at the Wall.

Shireen is also Selyse main bargaining chip in her marriage with Stannis. She has given him an heir. It may be only a girl, but it's all Stannis has, and Selyse knows this. I very much doubt that Melisandre is capable of giving birth to normal children.

The fact that Stannis does no longer sleep with Selyse could also indicate that he is content with Shireen as his heir. He had quite a lot of time to father a son on her, and did not try to do it.

He did try, sometimes even twice a year. As far as Shireen and Selyse go, they seem to be in grave danger and I do not think that Melisandre really attaches any importance to them. The guards that Selyse was left with are outnumbered by both the Watch and the Wildlings. They are also dependent on the Watch for food and supplies. Shireen is more likely to live as she has value as a hostage and/or because of her claim. If Stannis is dead or beleived dead whoever controls her, controls this claim.

I actually think the real danger is Shireen as far as we know her sickness could spread and everbody says even she gets the sickness again she won't be harmed but she might act as a carrier for this sickness and then queens man would be in a serious danger as well as NW.I don't think wildlings go near shireen after she gets sick.

Here's what will happen to Selyse:

Since Stannis is believed dead and chances don't look good for Jon either, Tormund will steal Selyse and father a son her with his giant member in the first night and name himself Reget and Lord Protector of the Realm.

Stannis will return eventually and claim the boy as his but when he is born everyone will know its Tormunds (because of the babys giant member obviously!)

Baby Tormund with the Giant Member will marry Shireen targaryen-style and rule as Torniss Giant Member of house Baratheon the first of his name, King of the Andals and First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm.

it is known!

Archived