The Battle of Meereen vs the Siege of Winterfell

WardenOfTheNorth

Both the story lines at Meereen and Winterfell should get really interesting early on in the next book. What happens at Winterfell though is going reveal so much that I just can't contain myself thinking about all the possibilities. So Winterfell followed closely by Meereen.

Which are you guys looking foward to more? Im looking foward to both, but I want to see really want to see Stannis kick some Bolton/Frey ass. I am worried that Martin will kill him off though. It just seems like something he would do.

Stannis is going to have to be killed off soon ( as we're already on book 6) to clear the decks for Jon to become whatever he is meant to become. Can't have fake AA's hanging around for the war with the Others. The siege of Winterfell could be a good place to do it.

Winterfell as I actually care about what goes on in Westeros, while almost everything that happens in Essos bores me to tears.

Moreover, there are more possible outcomes from Winterfell in regards to different characters while Meereen's outcome seems bloody obvious.

I really am looking forward to both. But, I would have to say the Siege of Winterfell probably tops the Battle of Meereen due to Westeros being more important then Essos to me. But, Barristan is one of my favorite characters so I am looking forward to what he does.

Looking forward to Winterfell more; think that battle has more uncertainty surrounding it. Whereas it seems impossible the Yunkai win out at Meereen.

I don't think Stannis dies (if at all) for quite some time, but you never know.

:agree: we all know Dany's forces will win the battle at Mereen, there's just no way they lose, maybe some character die there (Selmy :crying: ) but Dany's plot armor protects her army as well.

Winterfell is a different story, we know the pink letter is full of s*** but some of the thing Ramsay wrote are true, so the actual outcome of the battle is more uncertain. What happened to Mance, Stannis, Lord too-fat? I'm really looking forward to it

I think the Winterfell battle's outcome is actually pretty certain (Stannis wins) but it's the sausage-making that interests me. I want to see how they pull it off. Whereas in Meereen, I really could not give less of a shit and it looks like we're getting 2-3 POVs to show the same Meereen stuff from different perspectives and ack.

I am definently more looking forward to seeing the battle at Winterfell, which I am sure Stannis will win. I am also looking forward to seeing how the Ironborn will do at Meereen, if nothing else then to see Victarion meeting Barristan and Tyrion (if all three survives the battle)..But all in all Winterfell is much more interesting.

I'll be even more contrarian and say that both battles will be anticlimactic.

Bloody flux determines the fate of Meereen. And "in the flames I see a wolf cub savaging a flayed man". Stark loyalists with Rickon as mascot take Winterfell in a sneak attack aided by people inside. All over by the time Stannis arrives.

Archived