What would be the dream (yet affordable for GOT) cast for Sand Snakes?

Archana The Brown Walker

Sara Rue is certainly not the warrior type. Obara should be a plain G.I. Jane. Monique Gabriela Curnen maybe?

Odetee Yustman will be perfect for Nymeria as far as looks are concerned but i don't know about her acting. Please enlighten me. I would also go with Moon Bloodgood if possible.

Mind you these actresses don't need to be from the same ethnic background as sisters are from different mothers.

Tyene would require a mousy, docile look. Still thinking....

For Sarella, Kat Denning?

Sara Rue is certainly not the warrior type. Obara should be a plain G.I. Jane. Monique Gabriela Curnen maybe?

Odetee Yustman will be perfect for Nymeria as far as looks are concerned but i don't know about her acting. Please enlighten me. I would also go with Moon Bloodgood if possible.

Mind you these actresses don't need to be from the same ethnic background as sisters are from different mothers.

Tyene would require a mousy, docile look. Still thinking....

For Sarella, Kat Denning?

It's still a theory and all, but aren't we pretty sure Sarella will have to be able to pass as a boy? Not sure Dennings could pull that off. And I don't know what kind of accent they'll give the Dornish, but it won't be American. Obviously, some American actors and actresses can do accents, but I'm having a lot of trouble imagining many of the above coming across as realistically from my idea of Dorne.

GRRM said to Janina Gavankar that she was perfect for Nym. And I agree.

For Obara I was thinking Zawe Ashton.

Tyene: Freya Mavor

Sarella: Laya Lewis

These are looking much more plausible, though I think the True Blood overlap would be a little strange and am equally unclear on Gavankar's accent possibilities.

I definitely see where you're going with Laya Lewis, and I would pleased if they go that route, but my image of Alleras (who I assume is Sarella) is narrower in the face, androgynous more in the way models sometimes appear. I'm having trouble coming up with a good example. This was the closest I got:

http://nymag.com/thecut/2011/10/antm_fatima_siad.html

The acting is the most important thing, though, obviously, and Lewis' look might be less cliche and/or exoticized anyway, so I'll be supportive, maybe even enthusiastic if the show goes in that direction.

All four are interesting choices. Your Sarella is spot on.

Tyene should have more of a hint of intrigue about her.

Obara should be more of a physical presence.

You're right about Tyene, but I don't think it should be too hard to find a blond, blue eyed British actress who can be her.

I suggested Zawe for Obara because she' tall (5'10'') and not super skinny, I think she can be buffed up.

Will they even cast them for the show? I think 4 (technically 8) sisters showing up isnt really good for the audience. I know several people who watch the show and still can't tell me the difference between any of the characters. Oberyn wasn't even in the books that much, I can see them putting 1 or 2 in the show and consolidate them. Is It really necessary to have 2 female warriors, just one ugly and one pretty?

Will they even cast them for the show? I think 4 (technically 8) sisters showing up isnt really good for the audience. I know several people who watch the show and still can't tell me the difference between any of the characters. Oberyn wasn't even in the books that much, I can see them putting 1 or 2 in the show and consolidate them. Is It really necessary to have 2 female warriors, just one ugly and one pretty?

I think it depends on what's in store for them in the next books

Sarella seems to be the most "necessary"

Nym and Taena have to go to KL - so depending on what they do there - maybe they can be merged into 1 character, or maybe not

Same goes for Obara - depending on what's in store for her and how they re-arrange the timeline for the ADWD/TWOW related season - there might be a possibility to combine her with one of her sisters, or with Arianne or with Ellaria.

Actually Ellaria can be also merged with Nym/Taenne or both - for instance she arrives to KL with Oberyn and stays there all the time, even after demise of Oberyn, fulfilling some secret instructions of Doran.

I think three Sand Snakes will be fine. Sarella of course has to be her own character Obara seems like she's doing something separate from the others in TWOW and Nymeria and Tyene can be merged together methinks. So seeing as Dorne may be moved to season 4 we'll only be getting 2 sandsnakes and then being introduced to Sarella in S5.

• 4 months later...

I haven't really thought about who should play them, but as far as the Sand Snakes are concerned I think we will only see three of them:

Nymeria (Obara will be combined into the role)

Tyene (largely unchanged)

and Sarella (Alleras in Oldtown)

We might also see Elia Sand when Arianne is sent to Aegon.

I believe that Nymeria will replace Obara as the one who goes after the Darkstar, while Tyene and Ellaria (who is confirmed to be introduced in season 4) go to King's Landing.

It's still a theory and all, but aren't we pretty sure Sarella will have to be able to pass as a boy? Not sure Dennings could pull that off. And I don't know what kind of accent they'll give the Dornish, but it won't be American. Obviously, some American actors and actresses can do accents, but I'm having a lot of trouble imagining many of the above coming across as realistically from my idea of Dorne.

These are looking much more plausible, though I think the True Blood overlap would be a little strange and am equally unclear on Gavankar's accent possibilities.

I definitely see where you're going with Laya Lewis, and I would pleased if they go that route, but my image of Alleras (who I assume is Sarella) is narrower in the face, androgynous more in the way models sometimes appear. I'm having trouble coming up with a good example. This was the closest I got:

http://nymag.com/the...atima_siad.html

The acting is the most important thing, though, obviously, and Lewis' look might be less cliche and/or exoticized anyway, so I'll be supportive, maybe even enthusiastic if the show goes in that direction.

Well, seeing as the True Blood overlap is resolved, hopefully they make this happen.

That's Tyene. Nymeria has olive skin.

I don't have the books close at the moment, but the wiki and just about every other online source describes her has having pale white skin. Sounds like GRRM might have made conflicting statements about her?

Archived