Danny's hate for Starks...permanent?

drayrock

When the hell is someone going to reveal to Danny that the Starks are actually freaking awesome and very in line with her beliefs?? I like both her and the starks but I'm tired of her talking trash on them every time they are brought up. I mean really all Barristan has to do is be like hey... your dad freaking murked Brandon and Ned's dad and made them watch each other's cruel deaths....for no reason. She would actually agree with everything the Starks did in the past, and what they've done in the war of the five kings. They are honorable and often just and i'm not talking stannis just.

They care for the sanctity of children (tons of examples of this with Robb and Ned)

They aren't all about money aka they care for the greater good not just the good of their house

They obviously aren't about slaves and are open to helping those who are weak and who can't help themselves (Jon' shows this with helping the wildlings)

I mean really it's just ridiculous she has these preconceived notions. I get Viserys has brain washed her but I mean they call her dad the MAD KING and she knows Viserys was a loser... you think she'd use a little deductions and ask a couple questions about WHY the rebellion happened... at this point.... She's either dumb or feigning ignorance.

In all honesty i think it's hight time Ser Barristan manned up, and told her what's good with her Dad and that the stark's are chill.

*I also know a lot of this stuff that aligns the starks with Danny's beliefs isn't common knowledge at this point but people are loyal to the Starks in the north for a reason...they inspire respect and loyalty through their actions all throughout history and if Danny poked her nose into just a little history instead of talking to her hand maids once and while she might figure this out.

In "Storm of Swords," both Dany and Barristan agreed that she wasn't yet ready to hear the truth of her ancestors (especially The Mad King). But, they, also, agreed that the time would come when they would discuss Barristan's knowledge of her kin. It had to do with Dany being able to trust him first.

The time will come.

Barriston tried at the beginning of ADWD, trying to tell her that Ned tried to protect her & her child, she answered with the metaphorical back of the hand and a 'usurpers dog.' I don't know the answer to this question, but as she gets further along I've resigned myself to her not ever wanting to fully come to grips with what her father was. She pretty much thinks he was a little off, and has no clue he was a monstor.

Her dream battle on Trident. She rides Drogon to incinerate Jon Snow, Legitimised Stark, when he tells her: "Hey there, auntie, your dad was mad as hatter and I am direct heir to your brother Rhaegar, so push off or I shall smite thee with fire AND ice."

She tries to wrap her brain around it and it implodes.

She will change her thoughts if she ever gets to Westeros and actually meets some Starks. When that will be? Well.. Somewhere in the last book. Selmy is too much of a coward to speak of it, and Daenerys doesn't want to talk about it, because her precious worldview could fall apart because of it.

Selmy isn't coward, he is just way too experienced with Targs to know that if he just dumped it on her, she'll not believe it. That's why he decides that it is not the time to tell her - she'd just stuff imaginary fingers into ears and go "La la la usurper's Dogs La la la" Viserys mode.

I guess the Imp will be the catalyst here - he will not keep his big mouth shut and Selmy would feel compelled to step in when Dany wants to fry him alive.

Selmy isn't coward, he is just way too experienced with Targs to know that if he just dumped it on her, she'll not believe it. That's why he decides that it is not the time to tell her - she'd just stuff imaginary fingers into ears and go "La la la usurper's Dogs La la la" Viserys mode.

I guess the Imp will be the catalyst here - he will not keep his big mouth shut and Selmy would feel compelled to step in when Dany wants to fry him alive.

''It's not the time.'' And when is it time, then? She's had enough time as far as I'm concerned, and Selmy tried to bring it up a couple of times but decided not to go through with it. In those particular instances, he's a coward to me, and Daenerys is acting like a five-year old. It is past time she realized. She knows her father wasn't all good, but she doesn't realize the consequences yet.

Thats like telling Arya that Freys arent bad people.

Or telling the Martells that Lannisters are decent folks

She will probably be cool if she meets one and keeps hearing good stuff about them. Like Jon and Tyrion

Different. The frey's are bad people. And there isn't a ton of history to go against this fact...they aren't loyal and they show up after the battles are done.

Still not seeing how her view is any different than other characters saying all Freys are crap or all Lannisters are crap.

Only evidence anybody has of Dany never ever changing her view is based on one very brief conversation.

What do our views of the Freys or Lannisters have to do with Daenerys not acknowledging that her father and family weren't all good? Not much. And a great deal of the posters on this forum don't even want all the Freys or Lannisters dead, for example, or think they're all crap. Up until now, Daenerys hasn't changed her views on the Usurper's dogs. It might come, though, as I already said before. But at this moment, they're still pretty much the same as before.

What do our views of the Freys or Lannisters have to do with Daenerys not acknowledging that her father and family weren't all good? Not much. And a great deal of the posters on this forum don't even want all the Freys or Lannisters dead, for example, or think they're all crap. Up until now, Daenerys hasn't changed her views on the Usurper's dogs. It might come, though, as I already said before. But at this moment, they're still pretty much the same as before.

We are not characters in the books.

Barriston tried at the beginning of ADWD, trying to tell her that Ned tried to protect her & her child, she answered with the metaphorical back of the hand and a 'usurpers dog.' I don't know the answer to this question, but as she gets further along I've resigned myself to her not ever wanting to fully come to grips with what her father was. She pretty much thinks he was a little off, and has no clue he was a monstor.

My point is how naive can you be...EVERYONE knows. There are countless examples. And that's what I'm saying when she just writes off the stark's its like come on I'm rooting for you but your obviously just ignorant

We are not characters in the books.

There is a rich history showing the Stark's are a good prestigious noble and honorable house. The same cannot be said of the Frey's or the Lannisters. Yes a lot of their recent honorable actions she has no idea about, but if she looked briefly at some history and pretty much opened her eyes to anyone who hasn't lived under a rock they would tell her not only that the Stark's ain't half bad but also that her dad was a crackpot. It's kind of getting to the point where if she's this blind I don't even want her to sit on the iron throne.

I think the plot is setting danny up to show that she can't reach her full potential as a ruler without a man by her side to help her do somethings she just hasn't been able to get her head around. Who that man will be...not sure. Not saying this as a sexist thing but as a realistic thing, she just needs the other perspective.

Archived