con questions and rumors & reports

The reports have been so lively here, I had a dream about Vestrit. It was AWESOME!!! Sorry mate, I will try to not be so odd to dream about enthusiastic you, or emo you again. Its just too odd to dream about internet folk whom you haven't even met!

(In case you are wondering, we were at the LACon and went dancing and were simply enthused about everything. We were quite drunk too.)

Now that's the kind of dreams I want to have.

:blush:

I'm both flattered and a touch unnerved at the same time. :)

If it's any consolation, needle appeared in at least two of my dreams before I ever met her. Nothing particularly weird happened in either, just kind of meeting up and saying hi. I felt quite weird about it when I woke up though

I was reading this thread earlier today and that ad space up the top of the page filled with one big ad saying: “We buy pubs.â€

Google Ad things can be a bit random sometimes - I saw one recently that read "Find George R.R. Martin in your local Tesco's".

I've just remembered another funny line from the wrong hours/day

"my mum died from dyslexia..."

I knew someone at school who blamed the fact that he was significantly overweight on his dyslexia. I could never quite see how one would cause the other.

(In case you are wondering, we were at the LACon and went dancing and were simply enthused about everything. We were quite drunk too.)

1) That's totally what we did in London.

2) You should go dancin' with V, he's really good to go clubbin' with.

N

• 3 weeks later...

Okay never mind having the party at "the George", I saw this place a few weeks ago, and it has got to be the site for the next bwb London gathering, a pub that is a tribute to Randyll Tarly himself!

Prod, after a wee scan of the boards this evening it appears to me that you definitely have your witty trousers on today. You've cracked me up in every thread I've seen you in :)

Now we just need to find a pub called The Tower of Joy.

Apparently there is a Tower Of Joy in Shanghai:

Héxù Táng (Hall of Harmony) -- South of the rebels' old headquarters, past the Kuài Lóu (Tower of Joy) perched atop a pile of rocks, is the glass-enclosed Hall of Harmony, worth stepping inside to examine its display of old Qing Dynasty furniture, fashioned by hand from banyan tree roots.

Just to the west of this hall is a wonderful dragon wall with a lifelike clay carving of a dragon's head perched at the end and gray tiles along the top evoking the dragon's body.

(from http://www.frommers.com/destinations/shang...0717023871.html )

The website is a bit vague on what it is, but I'm guessing it probably isn't a pub. Also it may be a bit far away.

So WWRTD is so yesterday as Where Would Randyll Tarly Go is the new question of choice? :)

One day we might open this pub called the ToJ... [Yes, I am having my dreaming day tonight;)]

Prod, after a wee scan of the boards this evening it appears to me that you definitely have your witty trousers on today. You've cracked me up in every thread I've seen you in :)

Hey thanks mate, there is only one real reply to that, and you know it; AWESOME! ;)

I finally uploaded my three pathetic mobile photo's of the meeting onto my computer, here you go:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/Prod13/Image012.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/Prod13/Image011.jpg

This one is actually quite nice, though for some reason every appears to be ignoring me :P :

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/Prod13/Image008.jpg

Archived