[[BOOK SPOILERS]] Shae

shiola

The chain that the Hand wears in the books isn't present in the show. They have only the badge, as far as we've seen. That being the case, how do you think Tyrion will kill Shae? I really liked the whole killing her with the necklace thing..

I know this more appropriate for the TV part of the forum but since it's a spoiler I put it here. Hope that's okay!

tyrion will strangle her. i fully expect her to be in tywin's bed when it happens, too. there's really no reason for it to happen any other way.

eta:

I say Tywin kills her and Tyrion kills him. That would fit because TV Shae does actually love Tyrion so its unlikely she'd cheat.

tyrion will kill her because shae will still betray him. the twist will be it's because shae felt betrayed by tyrion when he marries sansa.

At present I'm not convinced at all that it will even be Tyrion who kills her in the show. She is such a different character and a lot of book readers stopped being as big of fans of Tyrion (or stopped being fans of his at all) after he killed her. Personally I never had an issue with it, given her testimony at the trial and the general savagery of Westeros (at least in comparion to modern society - like it or not a lot of problem in Westeros are solved by killing someone else), but I get why other people did. Given how popular Tyrion is with the audience, I'm not sure they will want to additionally tarnish him, and might feel that killing Tywin (who is also much more loved than in the books) would be enough. So I'm thinking she is going to die another way.

Yeah probably he'll give her a fancy necklace at the start of that season and then choke her out with it when the time comes. That or Hepatitis C.

Weird, I don't remember Hep C being prevalent in the series.

I was actually starting to wonder if they were going to kill her at all in the show. I thought maybe she'd get tired of King's Landing and leave after maybe asking Tyrion to leave with her.

Or maybe they're going to show her betraying Tyrion and it will be an even bigger shock to the viewers.

At present I'm not convinced at all that it will even be Tyrion who kills her in the show. She is such a different character and a lot of book readers stopped being as big of fans of Tyrion (or stopped being fans of his at all) after he killed her. Personally I never had an issue with it, given her testimony at the trial and the general savagery of Westeros (at least in comparion to modern society - like it or not a lot of problem in Westeros are solved by killing someone else), but I get why other people did. Given how popular Tyrion is with the audience, I'm not sure they will want to additionally tarnish him, and might feel that killing Tywin (who is also much more loved than in the books) would be enough. So I'm thinking she is going to die another way.

I didn't stop being a fan of Tyrion after he killed Shae, and I never got the big backlash from that. But then, I really despised Shae. I do hope that they don't sugarcoat it, but I guess it's too late for that now, since they've put her in the 'vulnerable prostitute with a heart of gold' already. What'll likely happen is Tywin kills her, which prompts Tyrion to shoot him. Sidenote: I didn't understand the backlash against killing Tywin either.

That would fit because TV Shae does actually love Tyrion so its unlikely she'd cheat.

And who says that? She does? She basically said that in the books. Yet she still betrayed him. Of course she probably had no choice. She was working for Tyrion and Sansa. The Lannisters were questioning everyone after Joffrey's death. imo tv show Shae does not love Tyrion, she likes him but love? Best leave that to children, cripples, and bastards ;)

I didn't stop being a fan of Tyrion after he killed Shae, and I never got the big backlash from that. But then, I really despised Shae. I do hope that they don't sugarcoat it, but I guess it's too late for that now, since they've put her in the 'vulnerable prostitute with a heart of gold' already. What'll likely happen is Tywin kills her, which prompts Tyrion to shoot him. Sidenote: I didn't understand the backlash against killing Tywin either.

I'm with you on both. Tywin had it coming given pretty much everything he'd done to Tyrion for basically his whole life. Shae was just awful in the books, never liked her but she was also very clearly out for herself ALWAYS in the books. In the show she is different hence my doubt that her death will go down the way it did in the book. I suppose she could do exactly what she did in the book at the trial (and it would come off as even a bigger betrayal), but its is hard to see the woman who was threatening people to protect Sansa doing that. Your idea sounds plausable (as it would make Tywin more hated as well). Either way I'm really interested to see, even if we'll likely have to wait till next season to get our answer.

I'm with you on both. Tywin had it coming given pretty much everything he'd done to Tyrion for basically his whole life. Shae was just awful in the books, never liked her but she was also very clearly out for herself ALWAYS in the books. In the show she is different hence my doubt that her death will go down the way it did in the book. I suppose she could do exactly what she did in the book at the trial (and it would come off as even a bigger betrayal), but its is hard to see the woman who was threatening people to protect Sansa doing that. Your idea sounds plausable (as it would make Tywin more hated as well). Either way I'm really interested to see, even if we'll likely have to wait till next season to get our answer.

My favorite bit was when she said Lollys getting raped wasn't a big deal. Oh, you're only dying Shae. What's the problem?

I say Tywin kills her and Tyrion kills him. That would fit because TV Shae does actually love Tyrion so its unlikely she'd cheat.

Rubbish. TV Shae doesnt "actually love" Tyrion. I think its just as obvious in the show that shes playing a part.

As for the manner of her death due to lack of chain of the Hand, strangulation or smothering.

Agreed. I think that this is one of the big things they'll change for the show. Tyrion has kind of morphed into the lead of the T.V. series, and I don't know if HBO will want him to go down that path, regardless of what happens in the books. The same ends can still be achieved if Tyrion is caught with Shae, Tywin executes her and Tyrion still proceeds to kill Tywin. Show-Shae is a lot different than book-Shae.

Rubbish. TV Shae doesnt "actually love" Tyrion. I think its just as obvious in the show that shes playing a part.

As for the manner of her death due to lack of chain of the Hand, strangulation or smothering.

Not saying she does love him, but she is still very different than she was in the books. I feel like there is more respect for him in the show than she ever showed in the books, and the book version certainly would never have threatened someone with a knife to protect Sansa. But my issues with how she will die have more to do with the tv show's fans LOVING Tyrion and the showrunners not wanting to upset that with having him strangle her in cold blood (even if I get the reasons why he did it in the book). I was honestly surprised how many loathe Tyrion for doing that given how wretched Shae was, but it happened and Tyrion is already going to be killing Tywin, which will likely tick off a whole bunch of people as it is.

Archived