[[BOOK SPOILERS]] Shae

shiola

It's funny. I finally got my gf to watch GOT and now she loves it. She knows some of the stuff that happens because she demands to know or she won't keep watching, so it's stuff like THIS that makes me smile when she says, "Oh I really like her!" about Shae.

Can't wait till the trial and they show Shae betraying Tyrion, she's going to call her a bitch and want her dead. That's my guess anyway. :P

I think the second she testifies against Tyrion every casual fan will turn on her and hate her. Even if she is just trying to survive and looking out for herself, people won't see that. They'll say "if she really loved him she wouldn't have said those things!"

I really hope they don't make her the Tysha "where do whores go" storyline.

I am so bummed about the lack of the hands chain in the show, they could have borrowed the one from Tudors, thats what I imagined it looked like anyway.

He will either choke her or strangle her with the necklace she was given as reward for her testimony against Tyrion. Or they will just ruin it.

I am so bummed about the lack of the hands chain in the show, they could have borrowed the one from Tudors, thats what I imagined it looked like anyway.

He will either choke her or strangle her with the necklace she was given as reward for her testimony against Tyrion. Or they will just ruin it.

Actually, there is a hands chain in the show, but apparently he wears it only in Blackwater. You can see it here.

Actually, there is a hands chain in the show, but apparently he wears it only in Blackwater. You can see it here.

That's not a chain, it's a decoration on the breastplate. He can't take it out and strangle people.

Tyrion in the books has a very dark side (which the readers may or may not choose to ignore, and be fond of him anyway). Tyrion in the show is nothing like that, he is unequivocally likeable. So I don't see him murdering anyone if the audience doesn't find it entirely justifiable.

Now, in the BluRay commentaries, during a scene with Tyrion and Shae, Lena Headey mentions they've done a reading of the first 6 episodes of Season 3, and she says that...

...it [shae/Tyrion] will end very very badly. And then she laughs maniacally. :P

Given that this is way too early for Tyrion's trial, I think it's safe to assume that it will be nothing like the books. Shae won't testify against him, or ridicule him in public. If she does betray him somehow (and consequently ends up dead by his hand), it will be for a different and probably unforgivable reason, so that the audience can sympathize with Tyrion. (Maybe she's been a spy since day 1, when Bronn brought her to the tent.) Or maybe she's actually sincere, and she dies by someone else's hand. Who knows.

In short, anything can happen - except the book plot.

Not sure about that. Sansa and Tyrion's wedding may have devastating effect on the Shae-Tyrion-relationship. In the show, Sansa and Shae have become friends. Shae is not going to like it if Tyrion is going to marry her friend, nor is she going to want her to bear Tyrion's children. The fact that Tyrion is going to surrender to Tywin instead of refusing to marry Sansa Stark will cause her to seriously doubt his commitment to her. Assuming that there is any real commitment there on Shae's side. We don't really know that yet.

More importantly, I'd be really surprised if Lena Headey did not yet know that her character is going to discover Tyrion's real whore, forcing her to testify against Tyrion who is going to kill her and Lord Tywin in the end. I'm sure she was told as early as the whole Ros scene in season 2.

They would be really stupid if they would ruin the ending of Tyrion and Shae's relationship. I could only be worse than the books. And they should know that. Yes, the changed Shae and Tyrion characters are going to change the road to the end a little bit. But the end will be the same, I think.

@Born Yesterday:

Why can't this be as in the books? As far as I see she meant that Cercei is going to find out about Shea and Tyrion and Tyrion is going to marry Sansa. Those 2 things are probably the things that are going too ruin their relationship. I think that Cercei finds out that Shea is just a golddigger just as in the books.

That's not a chain, it's a decoration on the breastplate. He can't take it out and strangle people.

Tyrion in the books has a very dark side (which the readers may or may not choose to ignore, and be fond of him anyway). Tyrion in the show is nothing like that, he is unequivocally likeable. So I don't see him murdering anyone if the audience doesn't find it entirely justifiable.

Now, in the BluRay commentaries, during a scene with Tyrion and Shae, Lena Headey mentions they've done a reading of the first 6 episodes of Season 3, and she says that...

...it [shae/Tyrion] will end very very badly. And then she laughs maniacally. :P

Given that this is way too early for Tyrion's trial, I think it's safe to assume that it will be nothing like the books. Shae won't testify against him, or ridicule him in public. If she does betray him somehow (and consequently ends up dead by his hand), it will be for a different and probably unforgivable reason, so that the audience can sympathize with Tyrion. (Maybe she's been a spy since day 1, when Bronn brought her to the tent.) Or maybe she's actually sincere, and she dies by someone else's hand. Who knows.

In short, anything can happen - except the book plot.

That's quite clearly a chain.

They should keep it the same. When Shae flips on Tyrion the tv watchers will feel like she flipped on them too, making the betrayal doubly shocking. Tyrion went into the room to deal with Tywin, finding Shae wasn't something, IMO, he was prepared to deal with, so his emotions took over.

This isn't the movie Pretty Woman. In the end Shae's true nature will get herself killed. Tyrion's actions will be seen as justified, or at least rationalized.

Archived