Grand Tyrell Conspiracy Theory

Somebody remind me why we believe that Qyburn is loyal to Cersei? Beyond the obvious "she's letting him do what he wants" cause that seems a little weak.

In response to the zealot/fanatic debate it seems to me that TheMalcom's definition of these two things falls directly in line with what the media/current US regime wants us to believe about these types of people. Remember Zealotry isn't necessarily bad in and of itself, its when zealotry/fanaticism are used by people in power, or for the wrong purpose that they become "bad"

Somebody remind me why we believe that Qyburn is loyal to Cersei? Beyond the obvious "she's letting him do what he wants" cause that seems a little weak.

As to "she's letting him do what he wants" -- Qyburn is a maester who has been stripped of his chain. He's disgraced. He's a former member of the Brave Companions. He is a necromancer.

Cersei guaranteed him a position he never could have attained under normal circumstances, and allowed him to continue his work that caused him to be kicked out of the Citadel in the first place. (I.e., the horrors he is responsible for in the Red Keep's dungeons.)

I think that's sufficient enough evidence to explain Qyburn's loyalty, especially when we have no evidence opposing it.

Qyburn might be loyal to Cersei, but it seems odd that, with the Queen under arrest for whoring around and ordering the murder of the previous High Septon, the members of the Faith who have her in custody just let this same repulsive disgraced bloodmage who is conjuring up unspeakable horrors down in the dungeons waltz in and chat with her and pass valuable information to her?

why would whoever was in charge of whatever is going on in KL at the end of Feast let Qyburn come in and speak with Cersei? It seemed a bit too kind and lenient to me. I mean, why allow the Queen access to her Master of Whisperers if there is any chance it might assist her in getting herself out of the pickle she landed in?

Archived