vikings! on the history channel? what the hell?

MercenaryChef

In terms of Ragnar vs. Rollo, I don't think the people who are leaning more on Rollos side now overlook his behavior, but likely see it as not penalizing him for it since even Ragnar explained it was permissable to rape a slave.

It's only free women who should be exempt from that.

So rape seems to be something they all engaged in from one time, or another and Rollos only misstep is that he may have raped a free woman.

Yeah, but Rollo is HOT lol

Just kidding.

I'd honestly forgotten that Rollo had raped the slave chick, but I'm pretty sure that both of them are morally corrupt by our standards.

P.S. I totally agree about Ragnar telling the kid to STFU and mind his own business. I can't see that happening at ALL, considering the attitudes the show seems to portray that they had about sex.

I think you should never compare their moral standarts with ours, you would just hate everyone.(starting with murder then goes on to rape).

But it surprises me for how long Rollo stayed loyal to Ragnar.

The guy playing Rollo is really making him look like a very stereotypical, over the top villian. I hate those kinds of villians. He's like Norman Osburn from the Toby McGuire Spiderman movies. Just ridiculous.

I personally like Clive Standen I already know him from the show Robin Hood, but I think you have to get used to his acting ^^

I think you should never compare their moral standarts with ours, you would just hate everyone.(starting with murder then goes on to rape).

But it surprises me for how long Rollo stayed loyal to Ragnar.

I don't know if anyone is really doing that, the moral standards seem inconsistent even within the show.

Rollo is his brother, in any time period that usually means something.

Any predictions on what happens to Lagertha? Kicked to the curb, killed off somehow?

She could choose to leave on her own, i.e., divorce Ragnor. It would be funny if she literally kicked his a#$.

She really has nothing to stay for at this point. Bjorn is beyond the need of a Mother as he's in the world of men now, and her daughter is dead, and it would seem she can have no more children.

Even though Rollo seems to love her, her fate with him would be the same when it comes to the need of heirs. :(

She could choose to leave on her own, i.e., divorce Ragnor. It would be funny if she literally kicked his a#$.

She really has nothing to stay for at this point. Bjorn is beyond the need of a Mother as he's in the world of men now, and her daughter is dead, and it would seem she can have no more children.

Even though Rollo seems to love her, her fate with him would be the same when it comes to the need of heirs. :(

I'm asking myself if they go for this, then it would be really interresting xD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagertha

Archived