The smallest moments that are hilarious

Florina Laufeyson

Im not talking about Tyrion's lulzy comments or Stannis' super dry humor that he busts out with. Or Edd's snark. And the usual stuff that comes up in these kinds of threads. Im talking about missable, small moments that end up being damn funny. Tiny things that happen that you read and go "bahahahaha" but tend to forget.

One such comes from A Clash of Kings. Arya meets Jaqen H'ghar for the first time. He asks her for some beer in his tankard and how she could make a friend. Arya says "I have friends." And Jaqen says "A man must weep." and turns his tankard upside down. Cracked me up for some reason.

Another that no one ever mentions is that old lady on the auction for the slaves in ADWD. Tyrion has a small bidding war for him and this old lady always quips with "And one!"

"Want some, Your Grace?" that man with the rat on stick during Cersei's walk...(and the Hot Pie cameo)

I've recently been informed that bunghole is used in the books. I missed over it the first dozen times. As I searched for this curious word, I found this:

“No, it was Lord Stannis,” Walder Frey said irritably. “Do you think I can’t tell Lord Stannis from Lord Tywin? They’re both bungholes who think they’re too noble to shit, but never mind about that, I know the difference.

I keep chuckling every time I think about it. Very immature.

I've recently been informed that bunghole is used in the books. I missed over it the first dozen times. As I searched for this curious word, I found this:

“No, it was Lord Stannis,” Walder Frey said irritably. “Do you think I can’t tell Lord Stannis from Lord Tywin? They’re both bungholes who think they’re too noble to shit, but never mind about that, I know the difference.

I keep chuckling every time I think about it. Very immature.

My personal favorite use of bunghole in the series was Greatjons assertion that the Northmen would shove their spears up Tywin Lannisters before heading to the Red Keep to free Ned.

My personal favorite use of bunghole in the series was Greatjons assertion that the Northmen would shove their spears up Tywin Lannisters before heading to the Red Keep to free Ned.

The best part is when Greatjon is trying to be so polite and chivalrous to Lady Catelyn. "begging your pardons my lady, we'll save Ned as soon as we do that, I promise! but bungholes first!"

The best part is when Greatjon is trying to be so polite and chivalrous to Lady Catelyn. "begging your pardons my lady, we'll save Ned as soon as we do that, I promise! but bungholes first!"

Classic Umber chivalry.

"He don't fight with no spear, you know. Never has. So where do you think he got that name [Longspear Ryk]?"

I found hilarious, when Tyrion was thinking but not saying about the mob at the pit: they would have pissed themselves laughing if the lions had been loosed.

and later on in that chapter, when they come to the second sons. one of the sellswords scooping Penny under one arm, saying: "Ohh, mine has teats." GRRM is the cruelest author in the most appropriate way possible.

Archived