Would Stannis turn on Jon?

hollowcrown

Stannis would turn on anybody(including Jon)in a heartbeat if they stood between him and that ugly ass throne.

I hope Jon would be as quick to turn on him too, though I doubt it, Jon has this thing called honor, loyalty and a conscious and sense of wrong and right.

Not only do I think Stannis would turn on Jon, but I find it funny that many on this board refuse to see the potential for conflict between Stannis and Jon/Northmen. Stannis is going to have to choose which battle is more important to him, the Battle against the Others or the Battle for the Iron Throne. If he chooses the latter, I'd say conflict between him and the North might be likely, considering that Stannis seems to think all Westerosi owe him their allegiance and swords for his right, and probably doubly so for the Northmen who Stannis is "helping" right now.

If (and I'd say it's more a matter of when) Stannis defeats the Boltons, what then? If Stannis is going to then continue on south to King's Landing, what happens when he demands the Northmen follow him and help him? Do the Northmen really give a shit about Stannis sitting on the IT and ruling over them?

Not that I'm saying conflict is inevitable but to pretend like the potential for it is non-existent, or to boil it down to "The North would never turn on Stannis" or vice versa, ignores the giant elephant in the room.

Not only do I think Stannis would turn on Jon, but I find it funny that many on this board refuse to see the potential for conflict between Stannis and Jon/Northmen. Stannis is going to have to choose which battle is more important to him, the Battle against the Others or the Battle for the Iron Throne. If he chooses the latter, I'd say conflict between him and the North might be likely, considering that Stannis seems to think all Westerosi owe him their allegiance and swords for his right, and probably doubly so for the Northmen who Stannis is "helping" right now.

If (and I'd say it's more a matter of when) Stannis defeats the Boltons, what then? If Stannis is going to then continue on south to King's Landing, what happens when he demands the Northmen follow him and help him? Do the Northmen really give a shit about Stannis sitting on the IT and ruling over them?

Not that I'm saying conflict is inevitable but to pretend like the potential for it is non-existent, or to boil it down to "The North would never turn on Stannis" or vice versa, ignores the giant elephant in the room.

So in yor humble opinion after deaf eating Bolton stannis will march south, and not north to fight the others? Idk about that brah.

So in yor humble opinion after deaf eating Bolton stannis will march south, and not north to fight the others? Idk about that brah.

lol brah. What is this deaf eating thing you speak of? I don't know though brah, that's why I said Stannis is going to have to decide which Battle is more important to him. I'm not sure which one he'd choose honestly.

lol brah. What is this deaf eating thing you speak of? I don't know though brah, that's why I said Stannis is going to have to decide which Battle is more important to him. I'm not sure which one he'd choose honestly.

The Iron Throne is by far more important to Stannis certainly not protecting the human race. Once Winterfell is secure he would try to have the Northmen and Wildings march South without the thought of the Others invading the North or the World.

I think the only reason Stannis came to the North and fought the Wildings was to have more innocent lives be taken in his poisonous quest for the throne.

Jon is truly alone in his fight against the Others and the fight to save that worthless country named Westeros

Stannis the guy who had his brother killed? Erm, yes

No sir. You must be thinking of someone else. That was some random shadow, not Stannis. And anyway, Renly was just a brother, big deal. Also, he's fond of Jon, it's right there in the book:

“His Grace is growing fond of you.”

“I can tell. He only threatened to behead me twice.”

It depends.

Stannis has said repeatedly that he doesn't want the Throne but that, as Robert's heir, it's his duty to lead the realm. He's also had Melisandre in his ear, telling him that HE is the Prince Who Was Promised.

If he feels that someone is trying to usurp his rights and get in the way of his destiny, Stannis would go for them. If he found out that he wasn't the rightful King or the Prince Who Was Promised though, I think he would reluctantly accept it and support the true King. Especially if that King turns out to be someone that he has respect for, like Jon Snow.

No sir. You must be thinking of someone else. That was some random shadow, not Stannis. And anyway, Renly was just a brother, big deal. Also, he's fond of Jon, it's right there in the book:

“His Grace is growing fond of you.”

“I can tell. He only threatened to behead me twice.”

the shadow killed him but stannis ordered it. Knew what was going to happen and sent Davos to smuggle in melisandre.

The only people I think stannis wouldn't let stand in his way are Shireen Davos and Melisandre. I doubt even his wife would be safe

This. Even if the Northmen are honestly stupid enough to still be holding to this "DAKINGADANORFFFF" thing anymore (which I don't think they are), I doubt it will ever come to that. Yeah Stannis wants the Iron Throne, but the whole point of his big comeback and change of heart in ASoS was that he realized to win the kingdom he had to save the realm first. And say what you will about Stannis, but he's one of the few characters in the series who understands just how important The Night's Watch is to the safety of the realm. I forsee Stannis, upon winning Winterfell, hearing of the chaos that has erupted at The Wall and immeadiately heading North to set things straight.

What will happen from that point I can't say, except that Stannis will probably die before he can get the throne ( :bawl: :crying: ) and The Freys and Lannister/Tyrells will be dealt with by the Brotherhood Without Banners/rebel Riverlords/possibly Crannogmen and Aegon, respectively. Or, Danys vision of having to face off with a "blue eyed king with a red sword who cast no shadow" could end up coming to fruition, and we could end up seeing Dany facing off with Stannis, I'd wager with an army of Northmen and Wildlings at his back.

If he feels that someone is trying to usurp his rights and get in the way of his destiny, Stannis would go for them. If he found out that he wasn't the rightful King or the Prince Who Was Promised though, I think he would reluctantly accept it and support the true King. Especially if that King turns out to be someone that he has respect for, like Jon Snow.

Nothing can change Stannis being the rightful king, but I think in the event Stannis learns Jon Snow is actually AAR, he honestly just wouldn't care. If anything he'd probably be a little relieved.

Stannis would turn on Jon in a heartbeat. Especially if he found out that Jon was a Targaryen, because he may have a better claim to the Iron Throne being Rhaegar's son (if he is). Stannis, Renly, and Robb Stark all wanted the same fate for the Lannisters. Renly and Robb Stark were going to reach an understanding, but Stannis could not let go of the title "King" being bestowed on all of them, and he killed Renly with Melisandre's shadow baby. Renly told Catelyn that Robb can go on calling himself King in the North as long as he pledges fealty, you would never hear Stannis saying Robb could do that.

Jon has already put a damper on Stannis' plans to take the North, by not taking the name Stark and becoming Lord of Winterfell. I wouldn't be surprised if Stannis and Melisandre we're behind the letter to Jon Snow to get him to march south, because Jon would be marching south if he weren't stabbed.

Stannis would turn on Jon in a heartbeat. Especially if he found out that Jon was a Targaryen, because he may have a better claim to the Iron Throne being Rhaegar's son (if he is).

Actually, I think Stannis would maintain that House Targaryen were deposed from the Iron Throne and he is still the rightful heir to it, and either way Jon forsook his claim to any throne when he took the black. I also don't think Jon would even try to contest this - he already turned down an offer to become the Lord of Winterfell, why would he want the Iron Throne? He's comitted to his vows above all else.

My bad brah it was a typo,according to the author stannis is one of the few to truly understand the threat the others pose. Hence him not going south

Actually, I think Stannis would maintain that House Targaryen were deposed from the Iron Throne and he is still the rightful heir to it, and either way Jon forsook his claim to any throne when he took the black. I also don't think Jon would even try to contest this - he already turned down an offer to become the Lord of Winterfell, why would he want the Iron Throne? He's comitted to his vows above all else.

Even if he maintains that he is still the rightful heir, it wouldn't change the fact that someone else could make a claim. I wasn't saying that was gonna happen, I was providing a hypothetical situation in which I think Stannis would turn on Jon. I.E. Jon Snow making a claim to the throne. We all saw what happened when Stannis' brother Renly tried to claim the iron throne. It would need to be a situation where he consider Jon Snow a threat, and right now I don't think that he does, he actually considers him an ally if anything.

This. Even if the Northmen are honestly stupid enough to still be holding to this "DAKINGADANORFFFF" thing anymore (which I don't think they are), I doubt it will ever come to that. Yeah Stannis wants the Iron Throne, but the whole point of his big comeback and change of heart in ASoS was that he realized to win the kingdom he had to save the realm first. And say what you will about Stannis, but he's one of the few characters in the series who understands just how important The Night's Watch is to the safety of the realm.

He did, for a second, and then his priorities changed back. After crushing the wildlings, he marched south to play the game of thrones again.

And his last orders for Ser Justin Massey weren't: "if I'm dead, you are to protect the Wall and defend the realms of men or die trying". They were "you'll put my daughter on the Iron Throne or die trying". Even though that will be the least important and least useful an endeavor, when white walkers invade the realm.

If Jon is ever in a position that threatens what Stannis unquestionably believe to be his by right, then he'll have no trouble in turning on almost anybody and then justify it by hiding behind his claim. This includes Jon Snow. Sadly I think the conflict between Stannis and the north is almost inevitable.

Archived