What's Good About Euron?

pwj

The only thing good about Euron is that sometime in the distant future of Westeros, they will name a fast food franchise or restaurant chain after him. Euron Greyjoys fish and chips does have a nice ring to it. He could not conquer Westeros but he will conquer your pallete.

Also, I think he would be the true hot pirate except for being too old for me personally besides Aurane Waters. Daario gets called Jack Sparrow but he's more lame although I don't find Jack hot either.

"His strategical skill (the Lannisport raid) his political skill (winning the election and turning his possible opponents to his side) and most of all, his ability to troll his family (sleeping with Vic's wife and mocking him, winning Aeron's moot, marrying Asha to the old walrus, replacing her with a dead seal(?) in the ceremony, to clarify I only meant the humor value in these acts not the acts themselves)."

"He's funny, ambitious, intelligent, and extremely competent. To name four things."

This is why I like him (molesting and raping aside). He gave a great speach at the Moot ("Crow's Eye, you call me. Well, who has a keener eye than the crow?) . He is a villain who loves being a villain and loves pwning his family for lulz. The Realm needs good bad guys for the heroes to prove their valor against.

I probably should hate euron, he's a horrible and despicable guy who's only trying to conquer westeros with the ironborn through the who seems a bit full of himself and like he's slightly lost the plot

yet He's so badass it's kind of hard not like a guy who's nicknamed the crows eye and captains a ship called the silence and doesn't give a shit what people think of him.

One of the things that's most striking about A Song of Ice and Fire -- and most often commented about -- is how all of the characters have varying shades of gray. So the "good guys" are flawed - Ned has his pride, Robb breaks an oath, etc. Even the most baddest "bad guys" have, at the very least, explanations for their behavior. Ramsey is an over-indulged bastard, Joffrey was abused by his drunken lout of a father, etc.

But there is one semi-major character that I really have a hard time seeing as anything other than "pure" evil: Euron. He's a rapist, molester (probably), and kinslayer-by-proxy (probably). I know he's not yet the most well-developed character, but am I missing some sort of redemption for him?

I see Ramsay and Joffrey as pure evil too. Ramsay hunts and kill people, including children, for his own enjoyment. Joffrey used his powers as a king to make people fight eachother to death. When was he ever abused by his 'father'? If anything he was ignored by Robert (and by Jaime too).

One of the things that's most striking about A Song of Ice and Fire -- and most often commented about -- is how all of the characters have varying shades of gray. So the "good guys" are flawed - Ned has his pride, Robb breaks an oath, etc. Even the most baddest "bad guys" have, at the very least, explanations for their behavior. Ramsey is an over-indulged bastard, Joffrey was abused by his drunken lout of a father, etc. But there is one semi-major character that I really have a hard time seeing as anything other than "pure" evil: Euron. He's a rapist, molester (probably), and kinslayer-by-proxy (probably). I know he's not yet the most well-developed character, but am I missing some sort of redemption for him?
Ned and Robb are white. Jof and Ramsay are black. Euron is not a gray character. He's evil.

Archived